Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    yeah but were those powers due to him being a mutant or an Asgardian? I dont think X-Factor really went into that

Ultimate Member

I just remembered, didn't Nova Roma get wiped out, except for Magma's dad? That gonna get addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Me too but if everybody is trying a party for them in this issue, it seems that it will last longer than we expected.
    Exactly. It makes no sense. He has nothing in common with it or whatever it is.

This was great.

THIS is what a true team book should look like. I loved the way Vita woave multiple individual subplots together with a giant cast of characters, set up the villain, addressed Krakoa ethical dilemmas, world-built, gave us genuine characterizations that were on point, and built onto existing continuity. Also using Gabby as the POV character weaving through these numerous subplots and making a connection to X-Factor really worked for me. I didn't even cringe when she got called Scout as I was so enchanted with the storyline.

This and X-Factor are kind of putting the other team books to shame IMO.

The art isn't my favorite, especially when it gets very loose and sketchy. But it works well enough for me. It's definitely a unique style.

One critique that has nothing to do with Vita ... I don't get Doug and Bei. It was a funny gag at first, but ... I dunno, it's hard to believe that it works, marrying a total stranger. I mean maybe that will eventually be the point?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Exactly. It makes no sense. He has nothing in common with it or whatever it is.
    It was a silly game initially meant for humor in X of Sword, I don't know why Marvel is carrying the game over.

I prefer Doug to hook up with Magik, Roulette, Magma or even Kitty which would make more sense as they had much longer relationships/friendships together.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-27-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Did no one notice the Tempest/Oya mistake? I can’t believe this went to print. Angel Salvatore was only Tempest with that power set when she was depowered and used tech. But she’s drawn using them for mutant synergy? I do think the Tempest costume works well for Oya with a few X insignias slapped on.
    Considering both the text and the art make it clear that it's Angel as Tempest, it's not a mistake is it? Probably just something that Vita intends to explore in the future. Especially when the current era has given characters freedom to go back to past costumes/identities
    Last edited by nandes; 01-27-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Considering both the text and the art make it clear that it's Angel as Tempest, it's not a mistake is it? Probably just something that Vita intends to explore in the future. Especially when the current era has given characters freedom to go back to past costumes/identities
    Could be that too but it just doesn’t make much sense since she has her fly powers back. Also if they’re teaching “mutant synergy” why would she be allowed to use her technology based powers?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This was great.

THIS is what a true team book should look like. I loved the way Vita woave multiple individual subplots together with a giant cast of characters, set up the villain, addressed Krakoa ethical dilemmas, world-built, gave us genuine characterizations that were on point, and built onto existing continuity. Also using Gabby as the POV character weaving through these numerous subplots and making a connection to X-Factor really worked for me. I didn't even cringe when she got called Scout as I was so enchanted with the storyline.

This and X-Factor are kind of putting the other team books to shame IMO.

The art isn't my favorite, especially when it gets very loose and sketchy. But it works well enough for me. It's definitely a unique style.

One critique that has nothing to do with Vita ... I don't get Doug and Bei. It was a funny gag at first, but ... I dunno, it's hard to believe that it works, marrying a total stranger. I mean maybe that will eventually be the point?
    All of this 100%. I never cared for Gabby too much but I FELT for her this issue. Logan is really some trash for shacking up at the Summer's house and ignoring his actual children.

Both this book and X-Factor bring up old stories so naturally as if they were real life events and real traumas that people continue to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Would it? I got the impression that Cosmar's appearance is a result of not being able to control her powers when they activated and she being affected by it as a result. She has more control over them and having them activated under the supervision of Hope to stabilize her, should fix tha
    Yeah, like it happened with Kenji after Second Coming. He wasn't supposed to look like that, but Hope stabilize him too late.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I hate this terrible relationship Doug is in. Let’s hope it retconned soon.
    No way. It’s the most interesting thing to happen to Doug in a while.

It’s also gnarly, with the whole little intellectual man, big physical woman aspect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Could be that too but it just doesn’t make much sense since she has her fly powers back. Also if they’re teaching “mutant synergy” why would she be allowed to use her technology based powers?
    Earlier in this series she came to the island with Beak. Weren't they depowered? If she hasn't crucibled yet, would she just use her weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I hope it is Angel using her Tempest gear. Why wouldn’t she? Jubes should be using her Wondra gear and Beak his Blackwing tech as well as the others.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Earlier in this series she came to the island with Beak. Weren't they depowered? If she hasn't crucibled yet, would she just use her weapons?
    She didn't have her wings, but I felt like she used one of her mutant powers at some point. The Brisson issues were very forgettable tho so I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    No she wasnt

Fantastic Member

I have always liked Gabby, but I liked the name Honey Badger better. It's hilarious! It's upsetting that none of the X-men or anybody else on Krakoa seems to have taken responsibility for Gabby. I know Wolverine has a lot of responsibilities, but, still, you'd think he would have arranged something for Gabby.