Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Yeah I don't think it was ever clear and that's probably the debate Vita is raising here - what happens to the children who died before their mutations could kick in?
    Simple. Cerebro wouldnt be cataloging them

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just wondering, was it ever confirmed if Tier was a mutant? I'd think his resurrection would be a case of 'Can't' vs. 'Won't'.
    Are magical Asgardian demigod wolf vomit-babies covered under the Krakoan health care plan? Stay tuned to find out!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How the heck was Amahl catalogued, speaking of which. That body died looooong before Cerebro.

This was a really good issue. I loved that it acknowledged that Tier exists, and everything that happened in PAD's run. Also, all of the interactions were quite good.

I particularly liked that it looks Vita is gonna touch on human-looking mutants vs non-human-looking mutants. Dani, while well-meaning, just doesn't understand what it's like to be a mutant like Cosmar. Which is why Anole kinda snaps at Dani as well.

It’s not simple. Pietro and Wanda have always detected as mutants before (and would hence be cataloged). Mimic was NOT detected as a mutant... because he wasn’t.

My excuse for the former is that Wanda’s powers changed them into non-mutants, which means they can be changed back. The latter is often considered a mutant now because he’s spent to much time mimicking the O5’s powers, he now detects as a mutant. If he were to “turn off” for an extended period p, he’d no longer detect as a mutant (if he ever did).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How the heck was Amahl catalogued, speaking of which. That body died looooong before Cerebro.
    Unless its stated, we cant assume thathe was resurrected via the Krakoan protocols

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It’s not simple. Pietro and Wanda have always detected as mutants before (and would hence be cataloged). Mimic was NOT detected as a mutant... because he wasn’t.

My excuse for the former is that Wanda’s powers changed them into non-mutants, which means they can be changed back. The latter is often considered a mutant now because he’s spent to much time mimicking the O5’s powers, he now detects as a mutant. If he were to “turn off” for an extended period p, he’d no longer detect as a mutant (if he ever did).
    Cerebro can scan non-mutants; however its not automatically backing up human minds. From whats been revealed, it only does so with mutants. Backing up of human minds is done manually, as is the case with the former mutants that go through the Crucible. A kid who hasnt registered as mutant bc their X-gene hasnt activated shouldnt be backed up by Cerebro

Amazing Member

Dani, what are those?

WAT.jpg

Ultimate Member

Unless its stated, we cant assume that he was resurrected via the Krakoan protocols
    I think the question of 'How' crops up here.

Shadow King existed without a physical body before Cerebro was ever built. So him having a duplicate one seems odd.

I think the question of 'How' crops up here.

Shadow King existed without a physical body before Cerebro was ever built. So him having a duplicate one seems odd.
    Cerebro only matters if he was brought back via the Krakoan protocols which is an assumption. Its irrelevant if his return happened via some other method

Unless its stated, we cant assume thathe was resurrected via the Krakoan protocols
    Which requires a tissue(DNA) sample and Cerebro scan[post Forge update] to work. Amahl was killed long before Xavier made even the original Cerebro, and long before Xavier commissioned Sinister's catalogue.

Ultimate Member

When did Forge update the Cerebro, anyways?

Its odd to me that we had James talk about being his brother's keeper, and yet we still haven't see the return of the original Thunderbird, yet we have seen the return of mutants who died prior to him.

When did Forge update the Cerebro, anyways?

Its odd to me that we had James talk about being his brother's keeper, and yet we still haven't see the return of the original Thunderbird, yet we have seen the return of mutants who died prior to him.
    Based on his depicted costume, anytime after Uncanny 275 makes sense(when the X-Men in their Jim Lee blue/gold uniforms reunited with Xavier in Shi'Ar space), ala '1990/91'. Which already doesn't make sense given they've resurrected Sway and Petra who died in '1975', a few weeks/months BEFORE Thunderbird died.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    This was a really good issue. I loved that it acknowledged that Tier exists, and everything that happened in PAD's run. Also, all of the interactions were quite good.

I particularly liked that it looks Vita is gonna touch on human-looking mutants vs non-human-looking mutants. Dani, while well-meaning, just doesn't understand what it's like to be a mutant like Cosmar. Which is why Anole kinda snaps at Dani as well.
    Oh I wonder who is really ready to have that conversation of human passing mutants vs non human passing mutants. That's some stuff idk if x-men fans want to get into.

Spectacular Member

Enjoyable issue. Story does a good job of showing including a large cast of both the younger mutants as well as the Original New Mutants. Sadly though Dani and her team might be closer to seeing what the younger ones need they still aren't fully prepared or aware to help.

Felt bad for Scout in this issue. Hopefully she will find a group of friends soon as her current acquaintances are of no use. Her "brother" ignores her, her sister is off on a mission and anyone that she knew doesn't remember her. hopefully this issue is resolved as I am looking forward to a wolverine character that doesn't have the violent background and can group up without being emotionally stunted and a loner.

Cosmar is another one that could use some assistance. I thought it took a lot of courage for her to ask for Dani's help and though I understand that the Crucible isn't used for what she hoped, as her powers aren't lost, I still think her request should have at least been considered or handled better by Dani.

My biggest complain for the issue was that I didn't get to see Magik's deal with the team that burned down the tree house. Wanted to see how she dealt with the bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Oh I wonder who is really ready to have that conversation of human passing mutants vs non human passing mutants. That's some stuff idk if x-men fans want to get into.
    Isn't that basically the Morlock storyline? Sure there were human-passing mutants like Callisto too but the vast majority were ones that couldn't "pass".

I do feel like that sort of classism might be a storyline to explore once mutant numbers go up and the culture expands.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-27-2021 at 01:54 PM.