Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Storm's Rogue Gallery

Hi, everyone. If you haven't seen my recent posts in the DC Comics side, I wanted to apologize for earlier posts in asking people's ideas for an underused/underappreciated heroes' rogue gallery. I think I overdid it. In this post, I want to do a possible rogues gallery for Storm's Rogues. Does anyone else know any particular enemies from any form of media that Storm has a beef with like Sabertooth for Wolverine. If possible, please put a picture.

I'll start. Her arch-enemy would be The Shadow King, as he's the most recurring personal enemy against her. Two others from some of her animated appearances -- A Weather Controlling King from another dimension who tried to force Storm to marry her (X-MEN 90s show) and an corrupted shaman(?) who holds a personal grudge against Storm (X-Men: Evolution); I can't remember their names. From some of the comics -- Dracula (whose kind of *revolving enemy*) who tried to marry her against her will and Dr. Doom (I know he's a Fantastic Four villain but like the former is a revolving enemy) who tried to marry her, trapped her in an ice (?) form which set off her claustrophobia. And I think they had a list of possible personal enemies for Storm on her 2020 appreciation thread, although I'm not sure about the page number.

NOTE: Revolving Enemy is a term I made up after noticing that some Marvel and DC Villains could be considered enemies for the entire DC and Marvel heroes. DC examples are Darkseid (though he's kind of a Superman villain); Marvel villains are somewhat easier than DC (not trying to start a war, it's just something I've noticed, that's all) and they include Thanos (as exemplified in the MCU), Dracula, Galactus, and Dr. Doom (although they are primarily known as Fantastic Four villains). I'll make a post about this term later.

Shadow King is a good one, but he's also very tied to Xavier so he can never really be exclusively Storm's foe.

Callisto is obvious frenemy territory. There's also all the Gene Nation morlocks from her 90's mini-series that never appeared outside her mini. They could all be built up for the future. I liked Loss personally.

Candra has a pretty big history with Storm.

There's also Arkon from the cartoon, though I've only seen him there and don't really know how faithful of an adaptation that two-parter was.

Storm was put up against Phantazia in the 90's Hardee comics/toy line, and she makes for a good opponent (and I ain't just sayin' that cuz I love her).

Likewise, Siena Blaze nearly killed Storm, Cyclops, and Professor X during her first big outing. Someone suggested her before, and I think Siena's lack of control vs. Storm's need for control makes for a good rivalry. Siena destroys nature while Storm nurtures it.

Candra is always Gambit's villain first.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Candra is always Gambit's villain first.
    I mean, technically Shadow King is Xavier's villain first, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, technically Shadow King is Xavier's villain first, too.
    Yes. SK for me is Xavier's villain too. Storm has stories but he is not her main antagonist.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought the question was what villains would have beef with her not which villain would hsvr beef with her first. All the ones listed in the op would be valid based upon that. At any rate she doesn't have many rogues whose beef may originated with her but she does have a few villains that would have beef with her:

Doom
    Dracula
    Adversary
    Deluge
    Meruda
    Loki
    Emma Frost
    Arkon
    Khan
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. SK for me is Xavier's villain too. Storm has stories but he is not her main antagonist.
    But Storm was his first. Than came Xaiver.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    But Storm was his first. Than came Xaiver.
    “He is after me! The Evil One! Achmed said he could no longer protect me. He locked me in his room, told me if I could not find my own way free, I deserved my fate. I remember how sad he looked… how easy it was to escape. There was only darkness.”

By the age Storm was when she left Egypt, it was after Xavier had already destroyed Amahl Farouk's body. It was clear that the Shadow King wanted her body and Achmed said he could have it (Farouk later indicates to Lian Shen that Storm was promised to him, she was his one who got away by her words) but she escaped and left Egypt, starting the journey that drew her to the Serengeti.

Shadow King
    Andreas De Ruyter
    Uncle Shanti
    Garokk
    Dracula
    Freedom Force
    Adversary
    Kahn

ALL OF Storm best female villians have reformed (Emma Frost, Callisto)so a new Dom needs to lay the smack down on the goddess every now and again.
    I would love to see that Human antimutant Black women in Xtreme as one.
    Or The Japanese Crime circuit she was with Yukio.
    As much as I love Yukio, it would be awesome to see her as her arch nemesis for her. the Lex Luther to her Superman.
    I know it's one off but I would love to see more Mystical threat like that weird demon that attack the Xmen when Storm first join and blasted his alter to destroy him.

Just recently Death and War.
    Maybe War can fill the female villians role.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 01-31-2021 at 01:41 PM.

And just reading Shadow King bio he's practically her Devil to her Goddess. Shadow King goes back to the Dawn of Man. Ororo's Blood line goes back to the Dawn of Man and may have spawn the human race.

Fantastic Member

I think we can add Death and Urr too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ideaperson View Post
    Dr. Doom (I know he's a Fantastic Four villain but like the former is a revolving enemy) who tried to marry her, trapped her in an ice (?) form which set off her claustrophobia.
    This was retconned to be actually just a Doombot that the real Dr. Doom later destroys. (The FF writer didn't like that Doom allowed Arcade to strike a match on the Doc)
    I do remember there was an old "Marvel Comics Presents" issue with Storm and Doom teaming up to take out some army that was defending a factory that pumped out pollution, (and there was still a little spark between the two characters) and they parted ways as allies.
    I don't remember how they interacted in FF vs. X-Men (probably just civil? As Doom seemed more interested in besting Richards than flirting.) I didn't read Doomwar, but I am guessing she was married to T'Challa so probably antagonistic.

I can't really think of too many enemies that are primarily Storm foes other than the Shadow King and Callisto. I wonder who would make for a great rivalry? Who could be Storm's antithesis the way Joker is to Batman or how Venom was once a dark mirror image of Spider-man, etc.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Black Panther is the biggest Storm villain.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Black Panther is the biggest Storm villain.
    Yes the battle between the sheets are legendary.
    Today Tchalla is still the only mortal to control the weather. Sorry not sorry Forge and Logan.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    This was retconned to be actually just a Doombot that the real Dr. Doom later destroys. (The FF writer didn't like that Doom allowed Arcade to strike a match on the Doc)
    I do remember there was an old "Marvel Comics Presents" issue with Storm and Doom teaming up to take out some army that was defending a factory that pumped out pollution, (and there was still a little spark between the two characters) and they parted ways as allies.
    I don't remember how they interacted in FF vs. X-Men (probably just civil? As Doom seemed more interested in besting Richards than flirting.) I didn't read Doomwar, but I am guessing she was married to T'Challa so probably antagonistic.

I can't really think of too many enemies that are primarily Storm foes other than the Shadow King and Callisto. I wonder who would make for a great rivalry? Who could be Storm's antithesis the way Joker is to Batman or how Venom was once a dark mirror image of Spider-man, etc.
    it actually was retconned back to the original story by al ewing.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!