Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So in retrospect, the New Mutants are kind of falling down at their job of dealing with the youth of Krakoa. The Shadow King is up to shenanigans under their nose. Cosimar has issues. Scout is developing issues. And they seem mostly wrapped up in their own stuff.

Someone (probably Dani, since it landed in her lap) should be pointing Cosimar to Proteus, a fellow reality-warper who very clearly uses his power to warp his own form (since he's chosen the form of a glowing purple nekkid Ken Doll), who could give her some pointers on how to control her power and transform herself without having to die and come back in a new body.

And Scout can go be Rachel's dogsitter for Amazing Baby, and we can see the two playing in the background of various X-books, which is about exactly the amount of attention I feel either of them need at this time. (Okay, that's not fair to Honey Badger, she's not even half so annoying and pointless as Amazing Baby.)

I would be amused if Amal Farouk turned out to be a decent dude, away from all that Shadow King stuff, and was genuinely into helping kids and steering them away from entities who might, like the Shadow King did to him, twist them for their own purposes. That would be funny, given how transparently he's being pushed as the oh-so-predictable snake in the garden.
    They arent failing. They JUST had their role defined on the island. Its pretty much been in effect for like a couple of days if even that. Those kids already had issues and the NM have been put in place to help them through that

This issue tugged on my heart string, I really felt for Cos and Gabby. Nobody has time for Scout since her sister is away and I really felt Dani was being insensitive to Cos even if she didn't mean any harm.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This issue tugged on my heart string, I really felt for Cos and Gabby. Nobody has time for Scout since her sister is away and I really felt Dani was being insensitive to Cos even if she didn't mean any harm.
    The way that Dani was insensitive was also so understandable. Sometimes when writers create drama they have characters be overly incompetent, but there are plenty of educators who are accidentally insulting when they're just repeating the lessons that they've been told.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The way that Dani was insensitive was also so understandable. Sometimes when writers create drama they have characters be overly incompetent, but there are plenty of educators who are accidentally insulting when they're just repeating the lessons that they've been told.
    Dani wasn't being insensitive. What Cosimar wanted her to do is a door you do not under any circumstances want to open,hence Dani's reaction to it-especially when you consider that there are aspects of being a Valkyrie to her.

In other words, Dani (and I suspect Illyana for different reasons) is absolutely the wrong person to pull this sort of stunt on.....
    Last edited by rcaguy; 02-05-2021 at 07:53 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Dani wasn't being insensitive. What Cosimar wanted her to do is a door you do not under any circumstances want to open,hence Dani's reaction to it-especially when you consider that there are aspects of being a Valkyrie to her.

In other words, Dani (and I suspect Illyana for different reasons) is absolutely the wrong person to pull this sort of stunt on.....
    Honestly, Dani telling Cosimar that the Crucible is for Krakoans to get their mutant-hood back and not a makeover was just tough love.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly, Dani telling Cosimar that the Crucible is for Krakoans to get their mutant-hood back and not a makeover was just tough love.
    Yeah, that seemed the right thing, but I kind of wish she'd gone the extra step to mention that there were mutants who can change her appearance for her (like Masque or Madison Jeffries brother) *or* that she could learn to do so herself (like Proteus).

If her appearance were part of her mutation, and not something she accidentally did to herself, I'd understand the 'love yourself for how you look' pitch (even if I don't agree with it, a person should be able to modify their appearance however they wish) but her appearance isn't a natural part of her, it's a mistake that she wants corrected.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, that seemed the right thing, but I kind of wish she'd gone the extra step to mention that there were mutants who can change her appearance for her (like Masque or Madison Jeffries brother) *or* that she could learn to do so herself (like Proteus).

If her appearance were part of her mutation, and not something she accidentally did to herself, I'd understand the 'love yourself for how you look' pitch (even if I don't agree with it, a person should be able to modify their appearance however they wish) but her appearance isn't a natural part of her, it's a mistake that she wants corrected.
    True but in the story we're given, Dani's kinda told about the decision at the last second instead of being able to prepare in advance (where she could've brought other mutants like Kurt and Glob to help) so that feeds into the bad situation.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    True but in the story we're given, Dani's kinda told about the decision at the last second instead of being able to prepare in advance (where she could've brought other mutants like Kurt and Glob to help) so that feeds into the bad situation.
    Good point. Dani's had like, a second, to prepare for this. I imagine if she'd had some time to think about it and not had it sprung on her at the bar, she might have had a better reaction.