Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    No Kitty at Dougs reception is odd!
    Agreed. Although just because we didn't see Kitty, er, Kate in-panel doesn't mean she wasn't there.

Extraordinary Member

Doug and Bei are the classic Disney 'love at first sight' taken to an even more absurd extreme. They were total strangers and basically fell in love because someone told them to and because of how stressful the circumstances were at the time with the fate of the world on the line. I think for Bei it was a conscious choice, but for Doug what infatuates him, that there's someone he can't understand, is also what is ultimately going to doom the relationship. This is an incredibly unhealthy relationship, and since it's built on a foundation of there not being proper communication between husband and wife I think it's doomed to fail. New Mutants is starting to show the cracks in the euphoric façade of Krakoa, and I think it'll soon start doing the same with this marriage.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Some say it is Farouk, others say it is the Shadowking. Are we sure yet which one it actually is? As I got the idea that it was Farouk without being possessed by SK.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Some say it is Farouk, others say it is the Shadowking. Are we sure yet which one it actually is? As I got the idea that it was Farouk without being possessed by SK.
    I think that mystery is still unraveling.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She didn't have her wings, but I felt like she used one of her mutant powers at some point. The Brisson issues were very forgettable tho so I could be wrong.
    I'll have to double-check but I think the cartel had to use the depower collars on her and Beak.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well, I normally complain about yapping issues but this (and #14) were could examples of how to do those correctly.

Less emphasis on comedy, emotional moments, setting up motivations and drama.

Thank Godness Ayala expands on how the Shadow King/Farouk symbiosis works cuz that had me confused for ages. Speaking of Farouk, I guess Shadow King has his own methods of reviving Farouk's body so the Krakoa protocols aren't necessary. I guess they could've gotten samples when he was on Daken's Brotherhood in Uncanny X-Force.

I was a bit confused with the Illyana part in the beginning tho.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I just remembered, didn't Nova Roma get wiped out, except for Magma's dad? That gonna get addressed?
    How many of Brisson's messes do you expect Ayala to clean up?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Adding to this, Would anyone other than Xavier know how Farouk looked? Like people said earlier, he was dead long before Xavier formed the X-Men. So, seeing a large Egyptian man raising a glass wasn't going to freak out the NM there, especially Karma. I'm guessing Xavier allowed Farouk's rebirth, because he wanted to give Farouk a chance at life without the Shadow King's influence, not realizing how deeply he was corrupted over the decades of possession.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Doug and Bei are the classic Disney 'love at first sight' taken to an even more absurd extreme.
    'Love at first sight' for a couple who have nothing in common and can't understand each other don't make it in the real world.

It was as ridiculous as some of the games played during X of Sword.

Ultimate Member

Has Karma seen Shadow King, yet? She of all people would recognize him, I'd think and she'd have some major issues with him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Adding to this, Would anyone other than Xavier know how Farouk looked? Like people said earlier, he was dead long before Xavier formed the X-Men. So, seeing a large Egyptian man raising a glass wasn't going to freak out the NM there, especially Karma. I'm guessing Xavier allowed Farouk's rebirth, because he wanted to give Farouk a chance at life without the Shadow King's influence, not realizing how deeply he was corrupted over the decades of possession.
    Storm knew him as a child and Magik and Warlock went back in time to see Xavier 'kill' him to figure out how to beat him during the Fat Karma saga, so those 3 should all know exactly what he looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Doug and Bei are the classic Disney 'love at first sight' taken to an even more absurd extreme. They were total strangers and basically fell in love because someone told them to and because of how stressful the circumstances were at the time with the fate of the world on the line. I think for Bei it was a conscious choice, but for Doug what infatuates him, that there's someone he can't understand, is also what is ultimately going to doom the relationship. This is an incredibly unhealthy relationship, and since it's built on a foundation of there not being proper communication between husband and wife I think it's doomed to fail. New Mutants is starting to show the cracks in the euphoric façade of Krakoa, and I think it'll soon start doing the same with this marriage.
    I think you should read Excalibur #14 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

How many of Brisson's messes do you expect Ayala to clean up?
    Really tho. The fact that Ayala is using Cosmar and actually taking her story somewhere is already more than most writers do when they pick up a title.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Really tho. The fact that Ayala is using Cosmar and actually taking her story somewhere is already more than most writers do when they pick up a title.
    That's the truth.

Though its still kinda odd that Nova Roma was wiped out, and we still haven't seen any response to that...

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Did anyone else pick up some weird tension between Karma and Rahne when she interrupted her and Dani's talk? To me it felt like they are both interested in Dani and are both aware that each other are interested and they aren't trying to share.

Also very cool that the Prisoner X gang are all NB or trans, hope we see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That's the truth.

Though its still kinda odd that Nova Roma was wiped out, and we still haven't seen any response to that...
    Hopefully we will see Amara and her response to it soon.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume