Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Well she's not
    lol She's Prof. X's first student. First female member of the X-Men. One of the most powerful psys on the planet. Prime Phoenix host. New leader of the Krakoan X-Men. Former Quiet Council member. :-p

I guess "special" fits!
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-28-2021 at 12:24 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lol She's Prof. X's first student. First female member of the X-Men. One of the most powerful psys on the planet. Prime Phoenix host. New leader of the Krakoan X-Men. Former Quiet Council member. :-p

I guess "special" fits!
    also two of the most influential mutants in the entirety of mutantdom continually fight over her and now are in a throuple

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    also two of the most influential mutants in the entirety of mutantdom continually fight over her and now are in a throuple
    AND mother of a variety of different CableS (old or young she mothers them all).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Well she's not
    As Hickman continuously reminds us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    As Hickman continuously reminds us lol
    while Dauterman at least tries the prove again and again that her hair is extremely special: shiny, soft, healthy, voluminous!!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What’s happened to this title? Hickman needs to kick it up a gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    They can't do that... If they did they would also have to admit that Jean Grey is special.
    It has nothing to do with Jean Grey: authors usually don’t bother with things that are unnecessary to the story.

It’s true that it can lead to inconsistencies… but it isn’t Claremont’s time anymore: the man stored all the details in his head and usually landed on his feet… (and he liked all his characters).
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

It wasn’t going to help the story at all by bringing it up. They’re trying to help the Shi’ar, so why provoke them right now? Now, I would want to see it EVENTUALLY addressed but this wasn’t the time.

Seconding and thirding those who don't get the hate. This had lovely 90s-style art by Booth with all the excesses of that era but with a fast-paced Hickman script. It was just plain fun. Best issue in a while and much more entertaining than the pity parties Psylocke and Gabby threw for themselves in X-Factor and New Mutants this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    They can't do that... If they did they would also have to admit that Jean Grey is special.
    I don't think it makes her special, just make her a character

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It wasn’t going to help the story at all by bringing it up. They’re trying to help the Shi’ar, so why provoke them right now? Now, I would want to see it EVENTUALLY addressed but this wasn’t the time.
    No one say to provoke. There i smany ways to address this without it. Just a big mistake in favor of a bland story that barely needed Jean on it
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-28-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Was a fun issue. Loved Storm and Cyclops team up, equally loved the uniforms. And Storm showing out was a treat. I just didnt like the art, its just not my cup of tea.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. was she ever told on panel though?

2. did the trial go into them murdering her family?

3. unless that was explicitly stated it cannot be assumed jean saw any of that. Rachel could have locked those memories away due to being traumatized.

all in all, it seems jeans knowledge of what occurred to her family isn't necessarily known to her which may explain why it was not brought up. had this been Rachel I think that criticism would be fair
    Teen Jean knew her family was killed when she read the modern day X-Men memories in Bendis' run so Teen Jean knew the Shi'Ar killed her family by the time they kidnapped her for the Trial crossover. Adult Jean inherited Bendis' Jean's memories so she knows so there's no reason to re-do a story Bendis just wrote.

Also the person was ordered the hit was probably Lilandra since it was before War of Kings and she's dead.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Teen Jean knew her family was killed when she read the modern day X-Men memories in Bendis' run so Teen Jean knew the Shi'Ar killed her family by the time they kidnapped her for the Trial crossover. Adult Jean inherited Bendis' Jean's memories so she knows so there's no reason to re-do a story Bendis just wrote.

Also the person was ordered the hit was probably Lilandra since it was before War of Kings and she's dead.
    This is a situation that have to be acknowledged, since they Hikman's Jean barely have anything to do with teen Jean.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Who ordered the hit again? I can't recall.
    All I know it was the Death Commandos who carried out the hit and not the Imperial Guard. I don't even think it was Lilandra...I'm mis-remebering it was some high-ranking WAR official or something like that, who was acting without full Imperial Authorisation.

And all things considered...it wasn't Claremont's most important side plots which he himself never followed up on (although he might have planned to do so, eventually) So....
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-28-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Jean not bringing up the slaughter of her entire family, by the Shiar empire would be like Storm going to Wakanda and NONE of her history with Black Panther or his family being brought up at all. Sure you could still tell a story but it would lack much of the gravitas it could have behind good writing, imo. And it is eye-roll inducing to see her fans attempt to defend it, simply because she had a good showing in this issue.