Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Well, despite the Booth art, this was... fine. I liked the Storm and Samberto moments. Ready for the Vault arc and Asrar's return next month

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Didn't she already do that since she and Teen Jean are the same person?
    Not at all

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by knowmadic View Post
    I just wish Jean would acknowledge that her entire family was wiped out due to a Shi’ar kill order. ��
    Would not put it past Hickman to make this a point down the road. Problem is right now, none of the people responsible for that are around.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Didn't she already do that since she and Teen Jean are the same person?
    Chronologically, that happened with her before her parents actually died. We saw her saddened by their loss briefly in Resurrection and this is the first time she's actually faced the Shi'ar since then

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    I do enjoy the 90's villain tho.
    Who is that?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm creating an EM field to to block an attack and dropping an alien brute with one strike all in an alien environment. Spectacular!! Great job Mr. Hickman!!!

#winning
    #noglasscannonshere
    #hadariyao
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

You can tell Hickman really loves writing Sunspot and Cannonball.

BANNED

Damn this issue was worse than I thought. Didn't expected to that much cliche with respect to how Hickman usually writes Shi'r or those related to it. Same characters with lack of creativity isn't what I expected from Hickman.

Mighty Member

I don't get what this issue was going for other than inserting some random one off adventure.

Is it to say "Know your place, peasants"?

Astonishing Member

Geez the negativity in this thread lol people complain that Hickman can only do worldbuilding and can't write the X-men and here we have a issue that could have been ripped from the 70s/80s complete with Cyclops getting wacked and Storm single handily taking on the big bad lol

I liked it. This was a fun issue. Didn't push the plot forward but not every issue needs to do that.

Things we did learn from this issue is that the shi'ar empire is going through a economic decline and Xandra along with Deathbird are trying to keep it together. Now Storm has a shi'ar Empress who owes her favor in her pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Geez the negativity in this thread lol people complain that Hickman can only do worldbuilding and can't write the X-men and here we have a issue that could have been ripped from the 70s/80s complete with Cyclops getting wacked and Storm single handily taking on the big bad lol

I liked it. This was a fun issue. Didn't push the plot forward but not every issue needs to do that.
    the problem is a little bit that actually barely any issue is pushing the plot forward. It is time now to get a storyline....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    the problem is a little bit that actually barely any issue is pushing the plot forward. It is time now to get a storyline....
    Depends on what you consider the plot though.

X-men is chock full of it. It's just in the form of World building.

This was really good, i just truly enjoy the when Scott/Jean/Ro get to interact. My marvel trinity for me. And i can't even lie, some panels were hit or miss but overall i enjoyed the art. My fave panel was Jean touching Scott while he was flexing. That was funny. Loved the pink signature for Jean too, more of that. And the red on Storm's cape is exactly what was missing. 5/5

Oh and damn that x-factor costume looks GOOD on Jean. I want to sketch it all day.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-27-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

Things we did learn from this issue is that the shi'ar empire is going through a economic decline and Xandra along with Deathbird are trying to keep it together. Now Storm has a shi'ar Empress who owes her favor in her pocket.
    Yep agree ,this is not some arc that needs to compress all elements of the story to play it out over a few issues.More or less this is a continuation of the Chandillar 'game of stars' if you will and it will take a while to play out, no need to rush.This plot can just as well be seeded in S.W.O.R.D and Cable.I don't know what the fuss is about.The art is very 90s but I think it's cool.Wonder if Brett is just on this one issue or will get to do more X-Men issues

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was a delightful one-issue "palate cleanser" from the heavier Krakoa/Arakko stuff from before and the weighty Vault stuff to come.

I remember when Claremont would do these delightful on-off adventures that didn't seem important but actually seeded future plots.

I loved the red lining of Storm's cape as well...I wish they would keep it going forward.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-27-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!