Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Very true, then again it is Hickman again, so not at all unexpected.

I might be overly sensitive but I'd imagine the first time Jean really interacting with the Shiar after finding out her entire family was slaughtered, might rang just a bit higher on the list of concerning things to Jean than a missing princess. Then again, that's just me and also Teen Jean's interaction had nothing to do with how Adult Jean feels, we've only seen that mentioned in Phoenix Resurrection. Unless I'm missing something where was the death of her family addressed under Bendis or during Extermination...
    Extermination she got the memories. And I think things hit different for teen Jean and adult Jean, like teen version could get back in time and still have her family. Now they are really gone, even the kids.
    I think it was a really bad story slaughter all Greys, but it exist and need to be addressed.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Extermination she got the memories. And I think things hit different for teen Jean and adult Jean, like teen version could get back in time and still have her family. Now they are really gone, even the kids.
    I think it was a really bad story slaughter all Greys, but it exist and need to be addressed.
    The memories portion, I understood I actually read that story, what I'm confused on is the implications that the story had already been told through Teen Jean. The question I was asking were what issues and under what writer is all.

The memories portion, I understood I actually read that story, what I'm confused on is the implications that the story had already been told through Teen Jean. The question I was asking were what issues and under what writer is all.
    It was trial of Jean Grey by Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Teen Jean knew her family was killed when she read the modern day X-Men memories in Bendis' run so Teen Jean knew the Shi'Ar killed her family by the time they kidnapped her for the Trial crossover. .
    Jean learned the truth in ANX 24 and sought revenge in Guardians of the Galaxy 13 (2013)

Last edited by Havok83; 01-28-2021 at 01:30 PM.

This issue left a bad taste in my mouth. The X-Men lap dogs to empire doesn't sit right. And the history of the Sh'iar and the planets they enslaved and horrors it inflicted totally ignored in this conflict. Urr was right

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There you go...case closed.

Anyone wants to join me for a pint in the GL? I'm buying.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean learned the truth in ANX 24 and sought revenge in Guardians of the Galaxy 13 (2013)

Neither Gladiator or Lilandra ordered the hit on the Grey family. After Cassandra Nova's attack on the Shi'ar, Lilandra was essentially a puppet ruler while she recovered. The Council blamed her for her relationship to Charles Xavier, which opened them to the attack by Cassandra. So she was not in full power when the Council decided to start pre-emptively taking care of Earth issues, like the Greys and the Phoenix connection. Lilandra apologized profusely to Rachel before she was killed, so it seems odd to say the least that Kallark acted the way he did in these issues being a comrade to Rachel after the extermination, but Bendis wanted to make a show of things and Jean.

Well too bad that is like this never happened for Hickman

Still need more closure, we never had a scene of her missing her family or trying ways to bring them back
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-28-2021 at 01:38 PM.

A lot of Urrs rage mimics the rage of those who lost everything during the last recession, a disillusioned voter who was promised riches.

Not to mention the tools the Empire used to enslave planets and mine their resources. Hickmans stories have mostly political e.g. hordeculture. The X-Men in this case are Black Water. They executed that freedom fighter without even blinking.

A lot the discussion on the implications of what Hickman is trying to convey has been drowned out with horrible art, debates on feats and forgotten threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Well too bad that is like this never happened for Hickman

Still need more closure, we never had a scene of her missing her family or trying ways to bring them back
    She came face to face with them in Resurrection and chose not to allow the Phoenix to resurrect them with her

She came face to face with them in Resurrection and chose not to allow the Phoenix to resurrect them with her

Things like this are a ongoing plot, it cant just happen and bam! it is solved

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A lot of Urrs rage mimics the rage of those who lost everything during the last recession, a disillusioned voter who was promised riches.

Not to mention the tools the Empire used to enslave planets and mine their resources. Hickmans stories have mostly political e.g. hordeculture. The X-Men in this case are Black Water. They executed that freedom fighter without even blinking.

A lot the discussion on the implications of what Hickman is trying to convey has been drowned out with horrible art, debates on feats and forgotten threads.
    I think they helped because Xandra is Xavier daughter. If she wasn't, there isnt a reason to help at all.
    At least Sh'ar didn't killed the insurgents
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-28-2021 at 01:54 PM.

I just read this issue, and now I understand the Gamestop stonks.

I thought it was a really fun, light hearted issue. I enjoyed the change of pace, and the art has so much momentum.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, it's Gladiator, a guy with a telepath-shaped hole in his defenses so glaring that *Reed Richards* once cobbled together a psi-helmet to shut him down. And I'm one of the telepathy-est telepaths to ever tell a path! Instead I'll make up a brand new power to shoot pink stuff at him that I'll never use again!

So, so Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, it's Gladiator, a guy with a telepath-shaped hole in his defenses so glaring that *Reed Richards* once cobbled together a psi-helmet to shut him down. And I'm one of the telepathy-est telepaths to ever tell a path! Instead I'll make up a brand new power to shoot pink stuff at him that I'll never use again!

So, so Bendis.
    Jean's pink form was one of the best development Bendis did to any character while he was writing. BTW, it wasnt a new power but rather a new use of her existing powers. It was awesome. Really thats something that should still be around

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

So, so Bendis.
    She used it more than once...