Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    All-New Member

I didn't know Hickman had a thing for 90's X-Men. If he was going for an Image kind of style, why Booth? Should have waited for Marc Silvestri. That Storm move, awesome as it was succeeded in spite of Booth's confusing panels.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He died though in 2015 and hasnt done anything noteworthy since returning in 2019. Cyclops fans have been looking for something more meaningful than the stale crumbs we've been fed
    Scott hasn't been this well written in years. Hickman proves you don't have to completely shit all over Cyclops to make him a compelling leader. He actually seems happy now and not just some wanna be Magneto crackpot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I thought the issue was a fun throwback 90s era X-Men adventure.

Jean and Scott's outfits were nice, it's always good to change up clothes every once in a while.
    Especially when they start to smell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What are you talking about? Are you really accusing me off being a Wanda fan? I am the one user who remembered Wanda Maximoffs genocide even when Marvel tried to distract us with an Inhuman fart. That is bonkers.

The X-Men just crushed a resistance against an empire that blundered, experimented and enslaved entire galaxies. So in essence yes they are lapdogs to empire.
    And what does that have to do with the current Sh'iar goverment? Pretty much nothing at all,that's what.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And what does that have to do with the current Sh'iar goverment? Pretty much nothing at all,that's what.
    The current Sh'iar empire has built its wealth and resources of enslaving other civilisations. A massive recession has occured and those planets see no return. The Imperial Guard recruits champions of each of those communities enslaved. Just because the face of the monarchy has changed the advisors re Deathbird and power structures of oppression and imperialism remain.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Geez the negativity in this thread lol people complain that Hickman can only do worldbuilding and can't write the X-men and here we have a issue that could have been ripped from the 70s/80s complete with Cyclops getting wacked and Storm single handily taking on the big bad lol

I liked it. This was a fun issue. Didn't push the plot forward but not every issue needs to do that.

Things we did learn from this issue is that the shi'ar empire is going through a economic decline and Xandra along with Deathbird are trying to keep it together. Now Storm has a shi'ar Empress who owes her favor in her pocket.
    For me what was missing in this less plot important, more one-off adventure was the character arcs. One off issues are great and don't need to move forward a big bad or anything, but they should still move characters and relationships forward. I don't know what the characters are doing in this run aside from responding to events as they happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    For me what was missing in this less plot important, more one-off adventure was the character arcs. One off issues are great and don't need to move forward a big bad or anything, but they should still move characters and relationships forward. I don't know what the characters are doing in this run aside from responding to events as they happen.
    That's a fair critique.

BANNED

I am guessing storm no longer being a glass cannon is not going down well with you.
    😂😂😂🍸
    Like I have said on Twitter with storm getting defence these battle threads won't last majority of the time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I am guessing storm no longer being a glass cannon is not going down well with you.
    ��������
    Like I have said on Twitter with storm getting defence these battle threads won't last majority of the time.
    Of course Storm no longer being a glass cannon is not going down well with him.

Why she might actually tell Black Panther to get lost.

(Or deck him like Maddie did Scott)

Can't have that.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-29-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Ummm...What else are they supposed to do?!?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Geez the negativity in this thread lol people complain that Hickman can only do worldbuilding and can't write the X-men and here we have a issue that could have been ripped from the 70s/80s complete with Cyclops getting wacked and Storm single handily taking on the big bad lol

I liked it. This was a fun issue. Didn't push the plot forward but not every issue needs to do that.

Things we did learn from this issue is that the shi'ar empire is going through a economic decline and Xandra along with Deathbird are trying to keep it together. Now Storm has a shi'ar Empress who owes her favor in her pocket.
    If you go back to Hickman's F4 run, the first handful of issues felt like one-offs initially but they eventually tied together at the climax of his run. Prior to X of Swords, many of the flagship issues were one-offs (just think about the Horde culture issue, children of the Vault etc. He's laying groundwork down for another arc down the road