Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Definitely the most "traditional" X-Men story Hickman has written so far, which made Booth's nostalgic art-style feel appropriate for it. I liked that he built off of the economic collapse established in Empyre and gave more focus to Xandra. He managed to include charming Roberto and Sam content that didn't feel too intrusive or distracting. Ororo, Jean, and Smasher had impressive feats, Scott not so much unfortunately. I thought it was very cool, and the teaser for future Storm content was the cherry on top!
    yes... that teaser at the end was very nice!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Issue was terrible. Roberto and Deathbird suck. Sam and Smasher suck. Ugh. Writing was all over the place.
    I think Hickman oversaturated these characters with dialogues that seemed pretty homogenous.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Very light read and would have benefitted from being a two parter to properly stretch out the ideas. I said it before I love seeing Jean, Ororo, and Scott together but as I predicted of course Berto and Sam shows more chemistry and substance. In their relationship than any of the other three have since the start of if Hickman.

Spectacular Member

Wasn't my favorite issue. Most titles seem to be moving forward to define their new direction after Sword of X yet this one still seemed to be muddling through random one issue stories while it waits for a team to emerge. Was looking forward to see the Original core of the X-men (Storm, Cyclops and Jean) working together. Maybe showing the beginnings of a new team and its dynamics. However Cyclops wasn't even used. Jean had one moment where she psi-scanned a room and otherwise it was all Storm. Where was the Imperial guard? Shouldn't the whole guard be out looking for Xandra?

Strangely the part i thought was going to be discussed here more was the possible team candidates and who everyone is planning to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Strangely the part i thought was going to be discussed here more was the possible team candidates and who everyone is planning to vote for.
    Why? There's already 2 threads for it that people have been using for a couple of days now

This was fun. Felts very 90's, not only for the art, but for the type of mission as well.

I can't wait to see what role Storm takes in the future!
    A picture would last longer darling...

This was an ok issue, but to be honest I was already looking pass it to next issue when we finally get back to the vault stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and damn that x-factor costume looks GOOD on Jean. I want to sketch it all day.
    It's a weird choice for Scott & Jean to pull on their Simonson X-Factor costumes out of nowhere. Doubly so when Dauterman drew Jean's X-Men Red costume for GSXM and Hickman insisted it be coloured green & yellow "like all Jean costumes should be."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, this was one of those issues Hickman forgets it's about the journey, not the destination. And of course Booth's art didn't help any.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was a fun done-in-one, a typical Claremont or Lobdell quiet issue after a big crossover. In that sense, Brett Booth's art is... adequate, I suppose. In every other sense, I really disliked his page composition, because it's not 1992 anymore, and his ugly-ass faces. Bring back Mahmud Asrar ASAP for the love of Claremont.

Reading this issue with the goofy 90s art was like being stuck inside the head of Ginger Mullet Kid from Terminator 2. Still not convinced a maul is a sensible weapon in pretty much any situation.

Man the people who hate this art are just unbelievable this was so well drawn

OK issue.
    >I liked the art.
    >Jean in her red X-Factor costume is perfection. It's my favourite.
    >Scott helping Jean down from the bug ship then the two holding hands? SOOOOO sweet! Just let them be happy together!
    >Didn't Xavier have any message for his daughter?
    >Doesn't Xandra have Xavier-level telepathy? Even if she can't mind control her kidnappers, can't she broadcast her location?
    >Maybe Jean being a human telepath whose peculiarities the aliens weren't trained against might have worked far more than a tired 'I looked for the absence' reasoning. Oracle is no amateur.
    >Cyclops and Storm tag teaming bad guys never gets old.
    >Scott gets taken out like a chump while Jean forgets she's one of the most powerful telekinetics on Earth? Smasher doesn't have a button to call her own reinforcements on her? All this to fit in a page of Sunspot?
    >I. Hate. Sunspot. He's the rich douche type that I dislike in real life, and him making Sam regress to the emotional IQ of an 8 year old is so sad. Hickman loving Sunspot is a huge minus for me, and I skipped the data page and the Sam/Roberto page. I honestly can't with Sunspot now, even if they made him black again.
    >Storm saving Xandra was nice. I hope Storm gets whatever's coming to her.
    >Xandra seems like a wise ruler no matter her real age.
    >How can mutants ever be under threat when one of them's the ruler of a trans-galactic empire?

Favourite panels...
    xm1.jpg
    The next two sequences are effectively the same thing, though.
    xm2.jpg
    xm3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Man the people who hate this art are just unbelievable this was so well drawn
    I thought the art was lovely, especially the way Booth drew Scott and Jean. I don't know why people have such a bias against this style, as if all 90's art is indistinguishable from Liefeld. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

To be fair cyclops did take out a few insurrectionists, including by using his ability to ricochet his blast off targets. He had a nice showing before he was surprised attacked.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!