Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's be clear the roles were reversed for years when Storm was taking naps, taking back seats to cyclops, Wolverine during schism and being a nice wall-flower who was lowballed in jean's xmen red so if you wanna have this conversation let's not forget history. cyclops has years of xmen (cyclops was right) stories centered around him and the summers family (and a new book dropping soon around this), him getting to take a nap for once shouldn't be perceived as the worst thing to the xmen comics.
    He died though in 2015 and hasnt done anything noteworthy since returning in 2019. Cyclops fans have been looking for something more meaningful than the stale crumbs we've been fed

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is not a good justification, Jean is powerful without the Phoenix
    We all know she should be. She sure hasn't seemed that way since HoX/PoX except in X-Force... but everyone in that book's all grr and snikt so of course Jean's got edge in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He died though in 2015 and hasnt done anything noteworthy since returning in 2019. Cyclops fans have been looking for something more meaningful than the stale crumbs we've been fed
    We all want the best for our favourite characters as well as the characters that have proven they can handle huge creative shifts and narrative focus on them and their capabilities. Storm and Jean and Cyclops are characters like that, so we get disappointed when it doesn't happen.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Before that he was the single protagonist of X-men. It's just a issue, relax folks

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post

Yep. I can totally understand not liking the man personally and the way some people planned on boycotting this issue, but to call this art awful is just bizarre to me. Booth's art was utterly fantastic in this issue.
    The art isn't good at all. Booth is probably one of the worst of 90s

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    We all know she should be. She sure hasn't seemed that way since HoX/PoX except in X-Force... but everyone in that book's all grr and snikt so of course Jean's got edge in it.
    I will add she was in Cable as well during XoS

Before that he was the single protagonist of X-men. It's just a issue, relax folks
    Its not just an issue. He hasnt fared well for most of this current era. He isnt called Captain Cameo for no reason

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It isn't the worst thing but just like when it was happening to Storm on the regular, it's not a good thing. Storm getting jobbed to make Kitty look better or being Jean's wallpaper weren't good things, either.

The asleep and drooling look isn't good on either of them but Cyclops and Storm have so much on their shoulders, they deserve a good rest sometimes.
    as I said i understand fans of a character not wanting to see their fave jobbed but cyclops being jobbed to the level of storm isn't comparable. her jobbing has been occurring well before xmen gold. cyclops has had a long history of being the poster child of the xmen, even having characters like magneto bowing to him. maybe its the books trying to balance things out and to your point a good rest sometimes is good even more appropriate to be fair and not trash the showing to badly lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I just don't have an issue with Hickman knocking Cyclops out one time after showing him to be the badass he is in issue after issue since he started his run.

If you really want to see a character get jobbed go read this week's Excalibur. Talk about stripping a character naked completed with "baptism"
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-27-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

from the date page,

Listen, Sam, we've talked about this before. Our partnership transcends the societal norms of what is and is not expected of normal dudes

yeah not sure what that means lol

Its not just an issue. He hasnt fared well for most of this current era. He isnt called Captain Cameo for no reason
    He and Jean had key roles in X of Swords where they were responsible for saving everyone, and the entire storyline of the book post-XoS is about them forming the X-Men? I really don't get the captain cameo thing

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    as I said i understand fans of a character not wanting to see their fave jobbed but cyclops being jobbed to the level of storm isn't comparable. her jobbing has been occurring well before xmen gold. cyclops has had a long history of being the poster child of the xmen, even having characters like magneto bowing to him. maybe its the books trying to balance things out and to your point a good rest sometimes is good even more appropriate to be fair and not trash the showing to badly lol
    I'll argue that Storm also had her time as the writer's favourite in the Claremont years, and she shone brightly as a character then. I hope whatever is planned for Storm is great and doesn't depend on diminishing other characters so she can shine. It's never good when that happens, no matter which character is being exalted by others being lowered or made subservient to them.

I don't see anything cameo about him, he has got some development over X-men. Now because not every issue is about him, fans are mad on Hickman.

I'll argue that Storm also had her time as the writer's favourite in the Claremont years, and she shone brightly as a character then. I hope whatever is planned for Storm is great and doesn't depend on diminishing other characters so she can shine. It's never good when that happens, no matter which character is being exalted by others being lowered or made subservient to them.
    That was over 30 years ago; knock it off

you are preaching to the choir. as I mentioned i get it trust me. Storm’s jobbing at the expense of other characters including cyclops has been going on since Lobdell stepped on to the scene. its just very hard to see his fans now complain about being knocked out even when he did have a decent showing before that occurred. Add to this prior to his death there were years and years of stories centered around him and his vision of the xmen. lets not also forget he also will be having a team which he is co-leading and a series that explores his family history. I think Hickman is spreading the love and I honestly don't see a problem here but for those who like cyclops he is about to have his time again in the spotlight.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-27-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Eh lets be honest he could being used/written much worse. He could be used as a totalitarian dictator, as a crazy obsessed Cosmic God, an incompetent leader and strategist, mutant Hitler, or dead.

Just because he's not single-handedly moving the plot forward doesn't necessarily mean he's Captain Cameo. Just that his fans want Cyclops in a position where he's driving the plot forward again but that doesn't imply bad writing.

That was over 30 years ago; knock it off

Claremont hasn't been a series driver of the xmen stories since he left after uncanny. any major xmen story post then that was a flagship grossly underutilized her. I also hope the same because for so long her star has been diminished to prop up the two characters she shared this title with. the only difference though is that im most certain when Jean and Scott were propped at Ororos expense their fans were praising the books. All in all, all the characters got nice showings but this time Storm was able to save the day to setup what is next for her. I dont see anything wrong her considering Jean and Cyclops are about to be coleading their own merry men of xmen.