Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Then Franklin put everything on the place again, not a reboot
    I didn't say it was a reboot. I said "reset" which I'm asking when the universe was restored is it possible her family was as well. it was a question more than anything.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The art was rough in some panels but over all I thought it looked good and enjoyed the read. Classic X-Men art style for a classic X-Men story, and I loved seeing Storm, Jean and Cyclops working together. Felt like the wait was worth. It was fast paced and a straight forward story that highlights the heroism at the core of the X-Men (not all things are driven by the politics surrounding Krakoa), opens up a path for what I am hoping is a Storm centric space/cosmic adventure or new role in the Reign of X. I liked that Hickman gave each character got some moments (Jean showing up Oracle's was delicious and Storm & Cyclops were badasses & needs a bromance) for balanced attention. I haven't read much on Sam, Roberto and Smasher to connect with them much but I enjoyed their bromance banter.

9/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't say it was a reboot. I said "reset" which I'm asking when the universe was restored is it possible her family was as well. it was a question more than anything.
    The universe was restored as it was, with Jean's family dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Cannot believe the hate for this issue. This was awesome and fun. A one and done for sure but it felt like something I've missed from the X Men. Not everything has to be about the freaking politics of Krakoa. These guys are superheroes too. They save people.

Liked seeing older costumes, it adds more weight to Hickman design sensibilities with treating them like clothes.

Why the hate on the art? Its Brett booth who I dont always like but it worked wonders for the issue. It was kinetic, high energy, vibrant. A nice change of pace.

I really don't see the problem here. The action was cool, Storm got a really nice showing here, Jean was competent and played a strong role, and even the excert was funny. The one off villain was also pretty cool and the way he is dealt with was a good choice.

Legitimately have almost no gripes with this one. But I somehow missed the last issue or marauders so I need to catch up on that.
    I really couldn't have agreed more. This issue turned out to be exactly what I needed him but did not need it. A space adventure with Cyclops Jean and storm through shiar space.

It seems like a queen is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at this point. The spotlight was pretty evenly split between Cyclops Jean and Storm in this issue what's the high like being Jean flexing on Oracle with her telepathic abilities and storm reminding everyone that she still one of the original 'big guns' of the X-Men

The universe was restored as it was, with Jean's family dead.
    The Maker and Miles are still hanging out in 616 instead of 1610, not everything is the same. It's plausible (although unlikely) Jean's family was restored.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The Maker and Miles are still hanging out in 616 instead of 1610, not everything is the same. It's plausible (although unlikely) Jean's family was restored.
    We saw her family in Resurrection. They are still all dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    ok thank you I wasn't sure the mechanics of this .

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We saw her family in Resurrection. They are still all dead
    and jean was aware they killed her family? and was it xandra who was responsible? it's been a minute since I read that and wsnt it rachel who was there? does jean even know this transpired?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok thank you I wasn't sure the mechanics of this .

and jean was aware they killed her family? and was it xandra who was responsible? it's been a minute since I read that and wsnt it rachel who was there? does jean even know this transpired?
    The Shi'ar didnt come up but how could Jean not know? Thats like the first thing she'd find out upon coming back and trying to reconnect with them.

A. The X-men would have no reason to keep it secret

B. She had her memories from her time as a teen unlocked, and the Shi'ar put her on trial for the Phoenix stuff

C. She mindlinked with Rachel in X-men Red immediately after she returned. Thats knowledge she would have learned

Xandra wasnt responsible as she wasnt born yet

This was my favorite X-Book of the week hands down. I love that Cyclops and Jean changed outfits. The art was VERY 90s but then I looked up the artist and saw he created and wrote the Wildstorm Backlash comic. So everything about the story after that made complete sense.

It was a fun stand-alone issue with a guest artist and Hickman did a good job of emulating a 90s X-Men space adventure.

Also perfect use of Cyclops. Brick-shaped objects aimed at his head should always be his weakness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by knowmadic View Post
    I just wish Jean would acknowledge that her entire family was wiped out due to a Shi’ar kill order. ��
    They can't do that... If they did they would also have to admit that Jean Grey is special.

I liked the art?

I still miss YU though.

BANNED

Not at all
    Is that all you've got

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    They can't do that... If they did they would also have to admit that Jean Grey is special.
    Who ordered the death of her family anyway? Was it Gladiator?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Shi'ar didnt come up but how could Jean not know? Thats like the first thing she'd find out upon coming back and trying to reconnect with them.

A. The X-men would have no reason to keep it secret

B. She had her memories from her time as a teen unlocked, and the Shi'ar put her on trial for the Phoenix stuff

C. She mindlinked with Rachel in X-men Red immediately after she returned. Thats knowledge she would have learned

Xandra wasnt responsible as she wasnt born yet
    1. was she ever told on panel though?

2. did the trial go into them murdering her family?

3. unless that was explicitly stated it cannot be assumed jean saw any of that. Rachel could have locked those memories away due to being traumatized.

all in all, it seems jeans knowledge of what occurred to her family isn't necessarily known to her which may explain why it was not brought up. had this been Rachel I think that criticism would be fair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Well she's not