Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It is way too tempting and if I ever fell to it I know for a FACT my home would eventually be built by custom omni bricks; so instead I ogle other's custom works on the internet like a total creep (I sometimes even wear a trench coat)
    As a recovering binding addict (who still designs art for others’ binds) it is indeed like crack for collectors. You can’t bind just one! Now I just live vicariously through others’ binds.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    As a recovering binding addict (who still designs art for others’ binds) it is indeed like crack for collectors. You can’t bind just one! Now I just live vicariously through others’ binds.
    Would it be possible for you to post some of your designs; not to use, I just love looking at the creativity and how some custom binds look better than what the publishers put out

Would it be possible for you to post some of your designs; not to use, I just love looking at the creativity and how some custom binds look better than what the publishers put out
    There’s quite a few in the Comic Book Binding thread, I try to keep my picture posting confined there (though it’s been awhile since I added anything new, I need to fix that!)

There’s quite a few in the Comic Book Binding thread, I try to keep my picture posting confined there (though it’s been awhile since I added anything new, I need to fix that!)
    Okay awesome, I'll check it out but it awakens something in me - I blame you, sir!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Okay awesome, I'll check it out but it awakens something in me - I blame you, sir!

Better keep that trench coat closed, cuz you're about to be awakened...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Better keep that trench coat closed, cuz you're about to be awakened...
    I take no responsibility for any new obsessions or bankruptcies indirectly caused by viewing the binding thread!

Spectacular Member

I was always interested in this, but that is a pandora's box that I know would awaken something in me
    I take no responsibility for any new obsessions or bankruptcies indirectly caused by viewing the binding thread!
    I havent taken the binding leap as of yet, but I can DEFINTIELY see this happening in the future. Maybe I can talk the wife and kids into them as gifts through the year.....and not mention the other ones I would do too...hmmm lol

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    I havent taken the binding leap as of yet, but I can DEFINTIELY see this happening in the future. Maybe I can talk the wife and kids into them as gifts through the year.....and not mention the other ones I would do too...hmmm lol
    Happy Valentines Day Babe!

Here's a bound copy of Dixon's Nightwing run, isn't it amazing!

Actually you know what, let me hold on to it for safe keeping, if you ever want to read it just ask and I'll fetch it for you from the shed.

Why would I keep it in the shed? Well that's where I store all my ... I mean, wait we have a shed!?

Let's go out for brunch.

Smooches!

Interesting thread!

I decided to not buy anything comic book related until I read everything that I neglected on the last months (years?).
    One thing that I do and I shouldn't do that much is to look every single day on our brazilian version of Ebay for "cheap" omnibus and absolutes.
    I bought some random stuff that I didn't like that much this way (like Mark Waid's Daredevil). I sold some books and give more to charity, but my bedroom is getting without space.
    One book that I found particularly hard to donate/sell is Fear Agent Library Edition. I just have the first volume, I actually really enjoyed the story, but the second volume costs more than my monthly wage - and I always keep searching for it and never found someone selling for a reasonable price. Maybe never will. It's just frustrating.

...Although I bought it in November Absolute Top 10 from Alan Moore for a ridiculous low price and this one I don't have any regrets haha
    Last edited by seusilva; 02-06-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Just dropped about $500 to plug holes in my Claremont X-run, via hardbacks and the milestones series. Only things missing are Inferno prologue omni (coming later this year), and the hole that will hopefully be plugged by UXM omni v5 (194-209).

I've already had all this in digital for years. And I don't even like all the issues. But... the urge hit me.

I uhhh blame Trump. Yeah. That devil.
    Last edited by newparisian; 02-11-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Just dropped about $500 to plug holes in my Claremont X-run, via hardbacks and the milestones series. Only things missing are Inferno prologue omni (coming later this year), and the hole that will hopefully be plugged by UXM omni v5 (194-209).

I've already had all this in digital for years. And I don't even like all the issues. But... the urge hit me.

I uhhh blame Trump. Yeah. That devil.
    I know the feeling. I myself bought all the mid-to-late nineties X-Men material I could get my hands on for the sake of being a completionist - and now I'm really fighting to get through it all...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I know the feeling. I myself bought all the mid-to-late nineties X-Men material I could get my hands on for the sake of being a completionist - and now I'm really fighting to get through it all...
    I actually love all that Onslaught ****. That's when I started reading comics. Total sucker for the Lobdell/Waid/Joe Mad/Kubert run!! I also totally love the Alan Davis run. I legit think these are good comics and not a nostalgia fueled guilty pleasure (although how would I know the difference? Lol).

Is X-men collected between where the Claremont/Lee omni v2 ends and Skinning of Souls?
    After that it's just a matter of Fatal Attractions milestone edition, wedding of Cyclops OHC, then it's onto the Road to Onslaught v1-4 that cover most everything up to Onslaught proper.

(eff my life)
    Last edited by newparisian; 02-11-2021 at 10:02 AM.

^ ^ ^

While you're plugging holes, you're gonna wanna grab the Shattershot OHC.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

While you're plugging holes, you're gonna wanna grab the Shattershot OHC.
    Shattershot and Skinning seem to mostly have the same contents (issues 17-24). I mean, I'm not suuuper crazy that I need to have it ALL haha.. For example, I do not want Bishop's Crossing stuff or Austen or Claremont's Revolution/Reload stuff

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Shattershot and Skinning seem to mostly have the same contents (issues 17-24). I mean, I'm not suuuper crazy that I need to have it ALL haha.. For example, I do not want Bishop's Crossing stuff or Austen or Claremont's Revolution/Reload stuff
    What?! No Bishop's Crossing??!? Might I ask why? There's some quality stuff in that book!

Don't worry, I'd never try to sell anyone on Austen's run...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009