Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1345

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Rodgers has had a hissy fit with the Packers ever since they drafted a QB as his replacement a year ago. I could be wrong, but it looks like the only thing that might get Rodgers to stay is if their GM, Brian Gutekunst who made the pick is fired, something Green Bay won't do. And, no doubt the league doesn't want that to happen since that would set a horrible precedent where superstar players can get front office personnel axed. Yeah, Rodgers won't report, and the Packers won't trade him, it's just a matter of who blinks first.
    The owners in the NFL need something like that to happen to keep them honest.

Those rich, middle-aged white guys need to be reminded that the players are what makes them those stacks of money.

Not their NFL business ideas. Their non-NFL business stuff, of course, but not their football acumen.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The NFL is putting its foot down in the vaccination fight. They have announced that any game scrapped because of players testing positive that can't be made will count as forfeits. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

New York Jets assistant coach Greg Knapp has passed away after a bicycle accident this past weekend Article link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The NFL is putting its foot down in the vaccination fight. They have announced that any game scrapped because of players testing positive that can't be made will count as forfeits. Article Link.
    Hardcore, but I like it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Hope this means they're keeping and/or expanding the roster flexibility rules they had last year, assuming so. Also means depth is super-important, but that's always been the case.

Hopkins and a few others are reconsidering playing over the vaccine policy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hopkins and a few others are reconsidering playing over the vaccine policy.
    If Hopkins and others want to walk away because they choose to be stupid and not get vaccinated, see ya! There's no shortage of eager kids and marginal older players chomping at the bit for a shot at replacing them on NFL rosters.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-23-2021 at 09:20 AM.

BANNED

I hope he reconsiders. Not a Cardinals fan, but he's one of the most exciting players to watch.

Looks like Rick Dennison is out as Minnesota’s Offensive Line coordinator due to refusing to get vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ne-sources-say

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I hope he reconsiders. Not a Cardinals fan, but he's one of the most exciting players to watch.
    I am a Cardinals fan, and I've thus far defended his antics...

But he needs to grow the f*** up and not be a selfish d***, and put his teammates, coaches, and others at risk.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Looks like Rick Dennison is out as Minnesota’s Offensive Line coordinator due to refusing to get vaccinated.

Hadn't considered whether or not coaches could get the chop for refusing to be vaccinated. You'd think coaches would be more in the way of adults on this issue than players. Guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post

I mean it isn't like he could be surprised. It is plainly spelled out who is REQUIRED to get vaccinated and coaches are in the group. And since he doesn't have an exemption, him getting fired is his own damn fault.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its being rumored that Aaron Rodgers will announce his retirement this week since the Packers won't trade him.

As said before the asking price for Rodgers could cripple a franchise ahead as the Packers will ask for 2-3 1st rd draft picks , possible 2nd rd picks and a pro player. That his price is insane high due to being a reigning NFL MVP.

edit to add : Rodgers and Devonte Adams (WR) are both not happy with GM Brian Gutekrunst and have both wanted him gone due to his handling of them. Rodgers has nicknamed him Jerry Krause over his handling things. Adams is so pissed right now over getting a low ball offer , its said talks are done after it.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 07-24-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its being rumored that Aaron Rodgers will announce his retirement this week since the Packers won't trade him.

As said before the asking price for Rodgers could cripple a franchise ahead as the Packers will ask for 2-3 1st rd draft picks , possible 2nd rd picks and a pro player. That his price is insane high due to being a reigning NFL MVP.

edit to add : Rodgers and Devonte Adams (WR) are both not happy with GM Brian Gutekrunst and have both wanted him gone due to his handling of them. Rodgers has nicknamed him Jerry Krause over his handling things. Adams is so pissed right now over getting a low ball offer , its said talks are done after it.
    Well, it's not like Rodgers will find himself needing food stamps if he retires. Is this an end around the Packers by sitting out until his contract expires? I'm no expert on this stuff, but doesn't Rodgers' service clock stop by retiring and doesn't start again until he rejoins the team, meaning he can't just wait them out?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it's not like Rodgers will find himself needing food stamps if he retires. Is this an end around the Packers by sitting out until his contract expires? I'm no expert on this stuff, but doesn't Rodgers' service clock stop by retiring and doesn't start again until he rejoins the team, meaning he can't just wait them out?
    There is a reduction to contract cost post retirement as per the Gronk and Lynch situations.

Aaron would be a big test on that formula, though.