Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Looks like the Jets will trade Sam Darnold and pick Zach Wilson at 2.
    That is what a lot of mock drafts are predicting. The NY Jets meanwhile have told teams to check back soon on a potential trade as they are going over draft tape of QB's. Right now its a question on if it will happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is what a lot of mock drafts are predicting. The NY Jets meanwhile have told teams to check back soon on a potential trade as they are going over draft tape of QB's. Right now its a question on if it will happen.
    But it looks like they are taking trade calls for Darnold.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

But it looks like they are taking trade calls for Darnold.
    They'd be idiots if they don't at least listen to offers. They have a lot of needs. Darnold could still be good, but there's no certainty there. If someone offers them something for him that definitely improves their team by adding players or draft capital, and they already have the draft capital to replace him if they do and address their other needs, why wouldn't they listen to such offers?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

These five teams are eligible for Hard Knocks this year.
    Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, New York Giants and Carolina Panthers.
    Who would you like to see.
    I hate the Cowboys with a passion, but they'd be the obvious choice, mainly because of the drama with Dak Prescott.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Either Dallas or Denver would be my choice. But Dallas would definitely be the most interesting.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Either Dallas or Denver would be my choice. But Dallas would definitely be the most interesting.
    Dallas has been on twice before and in the past Goodell has stated his preference to showcase more different teams rather than repeat. Of those listed, only Dallas has even been featured once, let alone twice, so I would tend to doubt it will be Dallas, especially if Dak is playing on the tag and doesn't report for OTA and such.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Speaking of QB's and urban legend stories we have heard for years. I can't believe I missed this one to bring up....but the Charlie Ward one is a classic. Since it was one that for years had this story come out. But "Caught in the Draft 1994" shatters this one.

- NFL Myth : Charlie Ward was a super talented QB from Florida State and won the Heisman trophy. But due to his size and teams scared of Heisman Trophy QB's ; Ty Detmer , Andre Ware and Gino Torretta he was passed on in the NFL Draft due to their failures. He would then go onto a backup role in NBA for 12 seasons.

- NFL Fact : In reality Ward before the draft was viewed as a 3rd-5th rd pick. While not a 1st rd pick ala Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer ; he was still viewed as an intriguing prospect by teams. Ward however hurt himself by saying if he wasn't selected 1st round he'd have to examine whether he'd show up for a NFL career over the NBA. This turned teams off....except the Kansas City Chiefs.

As Carl Peterson claims ; Lamar Hunt wanted Charlie Ward to be a Chief. That he was very big on him. They also loved his athletic skill set as well and felt the same way. There is video of them in draft room discussing Ward in the 6th or 7th rd. That he's there and he can be drafted. So they contacted Ward to see if he'd come in as a backup to Joe Montana in 1994 (literally learning under Montana a season to get him ready) and likely then get a shot at the starting job in 1995 (a fact all they had was Steve Bono so Ward could have beaten him out).

But Ward wouldn't promise them he'd show up if he did get drafted as he was waiting for NBA draft. Where he went to NY Knicks in the late 1st rd. Ward never had a NFL career and played a reserve role for 12 NBA seasons.

This is more silly that Ward could have been a potential NFL star. He had the skills and Peterson bragged up his talent. And he could have been KC's starting KC that next season more or less. He'd have been in the prime spot after a season learning under Montana and Bono. To work that west coast system etc. He could have been a Donovan McNabb type with his athletic ability to run and throw. Instead we never found this out sadly. And Ward could have went higher as well...and could have landed elsewhere. It was more about wanting to go in the 1st rd of a draft ...less about long term thinking here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Wentz is going to Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Wentz is going to Indy.
    A 3rd rounder and a conditional pick (sounds like a 2nd rounder).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So he's back with Frank Reich. Look for a good rebound from the Colts next year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So he's back with Frank Reich. Look for a good rebound from the Colts next year.
    All the experts and talking heads said Indy was the best fit for Wentz because of Reich. As an Eagles fan, I'm sad Wentz left, but the situation between him and the team became untenable and a trade was the only option open. I hope Wentz will be happy and rebound with the Colts.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A 3rd rounder and a conditional pick (sounds like a 2nd rounder).
    That conditional bumps up if he plays 75% of the snaps. One could look at the Eagles side of this and feel a way but honestly, Philly didn't want him and that's the way it is. 1800gotjunk doesn't pick up your **** for free, THEY KNOW it's by and large junk. Roseman just looks like a clown thinkin' he was gonna fleece somebody for an guy he's already turned over several pieces trying to do- who knows what with.

Colts HOPEFULLY made the best of a tough situation and maybe they have the best end of this transaction but this ain't no lay-up on their end either. He's still busted and if you 'need' another coach to 'fix' you then in a sense you're already up **** creek. I'm just glad the Colts didn't blink. Colts and Eagles have been trade partners many times and the Colts have always got the short end in the past (outside of Reich) so if it looks like they made out this time, hey, my memories longer than that.

I will say the Indianapolis Colts are all about the signal caller going back to Unitas. A strong leader at QB is their brand, if Wentz is not ready to step up to that then we're still going to be looking for that guy and right now I'm not sure Wentz can be that fwiw.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Indy was able to get Wentz without giving up the farm here. The asking price for Wentz showed that the last 2 seasons had effected his value BIG TIME. A fact Max Kellerman 2-3 days ago questioned what value Wentz had as his play had dropped the last 2 seasons. His play had fallen by a big degree and it wasn't all because of offensive line. So more or less this trade showed Kellerman was right in this.

The big question mark is ...can Wentz rebound in Indy with a solid offense and solid offensive line ? If I was the Colts I'd still draft a QB in rd. 2 to have around ...just in case. Philly was smart by drafting Hurts as we saw.

Also speaking of Philadelphia , the team will be taking a $33+ million dead money hit for Wentz this season.