Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Watson had 382 completions out of 544 attempts for 4,823 yards.

He's got a ways to go yet to make that joke work ... 24 cases now, however.
    It's beginning to look like he has more intended targets among the group he shouldn't, though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

DEN is rumored to be exploring a trade with the NYJ.

Wonder if it is for Darnold?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Can't imagine why. The Broncos have Drew Luck, unless they're not happy with him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can't imagine why. The Broncos have Drew Luck, unless they're not happy with him.
    Well, more talking heads are starting to say Darnold is headed to the Broncos.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mac Jones apparently had a terrible pro day.

He's gonna fall to a good team and be the steal of the draft, huh?

Mac Jones apparently had a terrible pro day.

He's gonna fall to a good team and be the steal of the draft, huh?
    I hear that's Kyle's GUY, the reason he's talked Lynch into moving heaven and earth in the draft to get.

Or, just maybe...

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Wonder if the 49ers are doing a head-fake, and going for that TE Kyle Pitts to pair with Kittle. Supposed to be the most talented player in the draft. Could always use the 2nd on that Trask kid, or see if they can get Darnold on the cheap, and if not have a pretty stacked team to entice a veteran next year (or trade for one mid-year if Jimmy doesn't work out). Kittle & Pitts, I could see it. Not sure Fields or Trey Lance are worth the move up, or that a move up of that magnitude was necessary for either of them.

Well, it's official: The NFL approves a 17 game schedule starting this coming season, the first time games were added to the schedule since 1978. My question: how long before the inevitable jump to 18 games? Everyone and their grandmother knows that's coming, it's only a matter of when.

Well, it's official: The NFL approves a 17 game schedule starting this coming season, the first time games were added to the schedule since 1978. My question: how long before the inevitable jump to 18 games? Everyone and their grandmother knows that's coming, it's only a matter of when.
    Is pre-season down to 2 or 3 games now?

And will it be less when they go to 18?

Is pre-season down to 2 or 3 games now?

And will it be less when they go to 18?
    Just read an article on MSN Sports saying the preseason is going from four games to three.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well, more talking heads are starting to say Darnold is headed to the Broncos.
    Lock has been so up/down that the Broncos and Elway was forced upstairs as his search for a QB continues. Its no shock they are thinking of trading for Darnold as they are looking for a QB still 6 seasons in.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Wonder if the 49ers are doing a head-fake, and going for that TE Kyle Pitts to pair with Kittle. Supposed to be the most talented player in the draft. Could always use the 2nd on that Trask kid, or see if they can get Darnold on the cheap, and if not have a pretty stacked team to entice a veteran next year (or trade for one mid-year if Jimmy doesn't work out). Kittle & Pitts, I could see it. Not sure Fields or Trey Lance are worth the move up, or that a move up of that magnitude was necessary for either of them.
    From what Shanahan and Lynch have said they are ALL IN at upgrading the QB position and want a better option #2 this season there. That they spoke to ownership about the trade. They voiced support that Jimmy would start in 2021 but well...they likely looked at his injury history and decided maybe its best to have #2 ready for future.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Huh. Wonder how the extra game works into the various new contracts that have been issued in the past few months. If they are playing an extra game at the same pay, then its a salary reduction. And is this going to play into rookie salaries, making them higher?

Kind of sad the first thing I thought about was money.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Huh. Wonder how the extra game works into the various new contracts that have been issued in the past few months. If they are playing an extra game at the same pay, then its a salary reduction. And is this going to play into rookie salaries, making them higher?

Kind of sad the first thing I thought about was money.
    Payscale and injuries are why the players are upset.

Also ... the sack, receiving yards, receptions, rushing yards, & passing yards records are going to be in WAAY closer reach. Might even see one or several fall in the next season or 2.

On the flip-side, I do not see an undefeated season being able to come about any easier now.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-30-2021 at 02:12 PM.

The lawsuit tally against Deshaun Watson is now up to 21 women.

Apparently there are now 18 women releasing statements defending Watson as well. Not to be overly flippant, but doesn't that mean he loses by a field goal?

I mean, who gives a crap about the ones he didn't supposedly assault?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

I wonder now how the all time records will fare as players get more and more games to break said records...