Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If I'm desperate and have a guy I'm personally friends with who will put butts in seats and get national publicity for a severely ailing franchise, I might hire that guy in a heartbeat even if he couldn't catch a cold, tackle a dead guy or run a lemonade stand. Depends on the contract and the state of my franchise.

Jags are practically circling the drain at this point. Even Cinci looks better than them!
    They just drafted the biggest rookie since Andrew Luck. They don't need Tebow for publicity. This is just another sign Meyer will crash and burn.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Packers just signed Blake Bortles to a 1 year deal. Rogers and Love were the only QBs on the roster, so they needed additional arms for mini-camps and pre-season anyways. Bortles gives them a veteran back up for either Rogers or Love, and he has a history with the Packers OC, having worked with him in Jacksonville, so he is familiar with the systems and can learn it quickly.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Packers just signed Blake Bortles to a 1 year deal. Rogers and Love were the only QBs on the roster, so they needed additional arms for mini-camps and pre-season anyways. Bortles gives them a veteran back up for either Rogers or Love, and he has a history with the Packers OC, having worked with him in Jacksonville, so he is familiar with the systems and can learn it quickly.

-M
    Whenever I think of Blake Bortles its not for the NFL or even The Good Place. Its his hot wife/model he's married too. Blake Bortles may fail at football. But he won off the field for darn sure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Whenever I think of Blake Bortles its not for the NFL or even The Good Place. Its his hot wife/model he's married too. Blake Bortles may fail at football. But he won off the field for darn sure.
    They are separated.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, the 2021 NFL schedule is out, and in week one, my Eagles get the first look at Atlanta's rookie TE Kyle Pitts whom experts are saying is going to be a beast. We also have home games against last season's Super Bowl participants: Kansas City on 10/3 and Tampa on 10/14. Lastly, we close out the season with four straight games against division foes. Perhaps it's too soon to make predictions, but, looking over the schedule, I'm seeing a 7-10 record for the Birds.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-13-2021 at 12:58 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The good guys ended up with 4 primetime road games, none at home unless that New England one gets flexed. I guess 3 since everyone gets a Thursday one. Looks like we got a Christmas game this year too in Arizona, always weird when the wife meets the girlfriend.

Oct. 11 (Monday) at Baltimore, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)
    Oct. 24 (Sunday) at San Francisco, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
    Nov. 4 (Thursday) New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. (FOX, NFL Network)
    Dec. 25 (Saturday) at Arizona, 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
    Dec. 18-19 New England, TBD
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They are separated.
    Well there goes the only good thing Blake Bortles had going for him then. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

They just drafted the biggest rookie since Andrew Luck. They don't need Tebow for publicity. This is just another sign Meyer will crash and burn.
    He'll be forced to throw to Tebow & of course they'll all be incomplete. His fans will howl how unfair it is to Tebow & yadda, yadda, yadda. Lawrence will get crucified by Tebow fans. Bucs/Dolphin fans will LOLz.

How deliciously Florida trashy it will all play itself out. As long tickets & Tebow jerseys get sold, I'm sure it will be all worth it.

They are separated.
    LOLZ!
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 05-13-2021 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Blake Bortles...LOLzzzzzzzzzzz

Tuh... Tebow, I highly doubt this clown even sees the field. You can't put him in a live game for several reasons, mostly to risk everybody's safety over what, some ******* whose own hubris NOW feels changing positions is no longer beneath him. At 34.

If I'm a young kid in that TE room I would well within my rights to say "Dood, I will beat your muthafukinass out here". And that would be real talk.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

My Rams get to play the Bears in their first home opener then go to Indianapolis for the Colts. Both winnable games for sure.

Of course, then they play the Bucs. Maybe Brady won't be warmed up yet.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Former Minnesota Vikings coach Jerry Burns has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

With the Patriots vs. the Buccaneers set for Week 4 of next season, you kind of have to wonder if anyone will be watching anything else that night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    With the Patriots vs. the Buccaneers set for Week 4 of next season, you kind of have to wonder if anyone will be watching anything else that night.
    They're gonna bill the Bucs as the underdog, too.

On the road a week after playing in LA. The media will give Tommy Touchdown so much pinboard material. He'll come out with a chip on his shoulder and pound NE into the ground.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

hes on a veteran minimum the worst is he gets cut in the preseason best case scenario we get a decent TE2 and mentor to TLaw. Not like CJ Beathard or Minshew are mentoring him

Tebow isn't signed to be a starting TE if we see this. He's signed as a backup TE/RB. And at one time he could run very well with the ball. If he's a decent catcher and can run routes in the Meyer system he may work out. He knows the system Meyer runs and will have that going for him. I don't see him becoming the starting TE unless a rash of injuries hit or he becomes a huge player at TE.