Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Its hard for RBs who grew up watching guys like Barry Sanders, Emmett Smith and LT to accept the current NFL systems, with their lack of focus on a single back. Today's NFL backfield is a lot like the platoon running, smoke and mirrors stuff you used to see out of the Dan Reeves Broncos. There are still good backs, but expectations and play designs don't depend on them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its hard for RBs who grew up watching guys like Barry Sanders, Emmett Smith and LT to accept the current NFL systems, with their lack of focus on a single back. Today's NFL backfield is a lot like the platoon running, smoke and mirrors stuff you used to see out of the Dan Reeves Broncos. There are still good backs, but expectations and play designs don't depend on them.
    Well, it is a passing league today with less emphasis on running. Heck, the classic fullback has gone the way of the CD, perhaps sometime in the future, running backs will be gone as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

For those of you wishing for the downfall of New England ...

Apparently both Cam and Jones are showing signs of injury and new TE Smith is out with recurring hammy issues.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-15-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In Chicago coach Matt Nagy has said that Andy Dalton will be the starter come opening week. That he will be the #1 QB. How long Nagy stays with this plan remains to be seen. As he said this back in 2017 when he pushed Mitch Trubisky out before he was fully ready after Mike Glennon struggled opening game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    For those of you wishing for the downfall of New England ...

Apparently both Cam and Jones are showing signs of injury and new TE Smith is out with recurring hammy issues.
    I'm a New England fan, and I believe our downfall occurred when Tom Brady walked out the door. Now we're on the path back to relevancy. The division is no longer a joke with the occasional flare-up of decency, all 3 of the other teams have gotten better while the Dolphins were already good and the Bills are contenders. Cam's not a long-term answer and I have serious doubts about Mac. I don't think about Stidham at all, and I wish they'd hired Hoyer as coaching staff if that's what they want from him and saved the cap space and roster spot for someone with potential relevance.

That said, a bit sad about Jonnu. I figured the brittle one was Hunter Henry, so this is concerning. Still, nobody should seriously consider New England to be a contender or even a likely playoff team. We spent more money in free agency than any other team but that was mostly trying to restock the cupboard we could afford to leave bare with Tommy carrying the team on his back and for the most part we signed solid (hopefully) contributors but nobody special. I'm hoping within five years we're back to relevancy, though I figure Bill will be heading out the door if he hasn't already, and have an answer at QB for the long term. In the meantime I'll be happy with the run we had with Brady, knowing we'll never see the like again (nor will anyone else, I'd wager).

Anybody else see the anti-vax stupidity coming out of Buffalo.
    It includes Cole Beasley and Josh Allen

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...concerns-nflpa

Hard to say anything dumber than this;

"I will be outside doing what I do," he wrote. "I'll be out in public. If your [sic] scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated. ... I may die of covid, but I'd rather die actually living.

"I'm not going to take meds for a leg that isn't broken. I'd rather take my chances with Covid and build up my immunity that way. ... I'll play for free this year to live life how I've lived it from day one. If I'm forced into retirement, so be it."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Ah jeez, saw Beasley but Allen too? That's a bad look. Glad no prominent Patriots have come out with this nonsense yet (though I may have missed it). We did sign that 3%er kicker but believe he was cut before the season last year, and there is the whole "Nobama" Mac Jones thing. Hope if anyone feels that way they keep their mouths shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Anybody else see the anti-vax stupidity coming out of Buffalo.
    It includes Cole Beasley and Josh Allen

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...concerns-nflpa

Hard to say anything dumber than this;
    Talk about ignorance on steroids. With the delta variant now the dominant strain, vaccination is more important than ever. Those idiots need to understand it's NOT about them, they could come down with the virus, then pass it along to teammates, friends or relatives. The selfishness of those assholes knows no bounds, just when I wanted to like Buffalo, Allen and Beasley just made that hard.

I mean, if Buffalo's coaching staff wants to lose either of them during a regular season game, or down the line, a potential playoff game because they think they're so clever, that's on them. The Bills self-owning would be a poetic end to the story.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Chiefs DE Frank Clark got arrested in L.A. for having a concealed gun inside his vehicle, and... y'know, just an Uzi. This is the second time he's been charged for a firearms violation this offseason alone.

From prior to his being drafted by the Seahawks, there have been some character concerns about Frank Clark. Domestic violence, second-degree home invasion... he's uh... he's got a resume.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Chiefs DE Frank Clark got arrested in L.A. for having a concealed gun inside his vehicle, and... y'know, just an Uzi. This is the second time he's been charged for a firearms violation this offseason alone.

From prior to his being drafted by the Seahawks, there have been some character concerns about Frank Clark. Domestic violence, second-degree home invasion... he's uh... he's got a resume.
    Clark's attorney is claiming the gun belongs to his bodyguard (per the article) . KC will likely weigh moving on if this 2nd one is a lie. Reid hates distractions and has moved on from players. Plus its not like Clark's play at time has been worth keeping beyond some solid post season play at times. (KC really needs to upgrade the DE positions)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Clark's attorney is claiming the gun belongs to his bodyguard (per the article) . KC will likely weigh moving on if this 2nd one is a lie. Reid hates distractions and has moved on from players. Plus its not like Clark's play at time has been worth keeping beyond some solid post season play at times. (KC really needs to upgrade the DE positions)
    I'd say it isn't a question of IF Reid cuts Clark, but WHEN. Chances are that will happen before training camp, perhaps well before.

Sounds like bye bye Clark.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

An uzi. Not even the worst parts of LA merit that kind of firepower. Unless you are just plain looking for trouble.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Steelers just cut 31 year old, 6-time Pro Bowl Guard David DeCastro. Injury related, but if there's a team looking for a solid o-lineman to come in and do some damage down the second half of their schedule, I reckon that would be around the time he'd be 100% healthy and ready to prove something if you signed him now.