Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990
Results 1,336 to 1,345 of 1345

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Not that I like Urban Meyer, but that's when he should tell the NFLPA to go **** themselves.
    If his heart condition is legit, Meyer's in an at-risk group.

I wouldn't blame him, or coaches like Ron Rivera whose lives could actually be jeopardized by players not getting vaxxed... to say nothing of the risk of their team having to forfeit a game if they have an outbreak.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If his heart condition is legit, Meyer's in an at-risk group.

I wouldn't blame him, or coaches like Ron Rivera whose lives could actually be jeopardized by players not getting vaxxed... to say nothing of the risk of their team having to forfeit a game if they have an outbreak.
    And, from what I’ve read, a forfeit could result in a lost paycheck for that game. ANYONE on a team with a health condition is at risk from non-vaxxed players. That’s the what the union needs to understand about the situation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The NFLPA might be policy-ing itself into a corner, by still using its 2020 guidelines and pretending that the discussion with the NFL regarding vaccine mandates isn't a thing. Typical head in the sand garbage. They aren't afraid of lawsuits because its so hard to prove where you got COVID from, so if someone dies, no worries.

But I could see a coach or referee strike happen if the Delta Variant continues to get worse, coaches/referees start dropping from it, and there are players out there flaunting their unvax status.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Kansas City Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu has been placed on the Covid list.

By the way, did anyone see this news coming out of the NBA? Apparently some unvaccinated players may not be able to play in home games without an approved medical or religious exemption. Here's the article.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

No prizes for guessing Carson Wentz's stance on vaccinations.

It's going to be a fucking long season.

Ex-Titans DT Jurrell Casey has retired.

Former Alabama and NFL star Keith McCants passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I've got another double header of suck today. First up, it's... Why Your Team Sucks... The Cleveland Browns! The Browns finally made the playoffs... and GOT A WIN! Can they manage to make it a streak, or are they just pretending?

Let's hear it from Browns fans, who may finally be ready to not stay anonymous:

• Drew Magary:"11-5. Seriously! You still somehow finished third in your own division, but hey! Eleven wins! GOLD STAR FOR YOU, CLEVELAND! This was the best season the New Coke Browns have ever had, and the best season that the full franchise has had since 1994.

But enough of all that goody-goody ****. Everyone else is here for Browns fuckery, so let’s get right to it. They were swept by the Ravens, including a Monday night game where Lamar Jackson heroically came back from a sudden, emergency dump. Like the Rams, the Browns lost to the Jets in a game the Jets had no vested interest in winning. They had some of the least inspiring regular-season victories you’ll ever see, against afterthought teams like the Eagles and Texans, featuring stretches of offensive play so chokeworthy they could kill David Carradine all over again. The Browns also lost five coaches and four players to COVID the week of a goddamn playoff game. Against the Steelers.

Now, the Browns somehow managed to win that game (mostly because the Steelers were frauds), and so maybe you’re about to get all misty-eyed again thinking about how these mangy bastards overcame both their most hated rival AND safety protocols all in one go. Of course, it’s my job to remind you that the Browns’ reward for all of that was the equivalent of The Fumble, the Browns knocked Patrick Mahomes out of this game in the second half. All they had to do was come back against Chad Henne to punch their ticket to the AFC title game, and they failed. Conspicuously."
    • Finley:"Leave it to the Browns to break their 18-year playoff drought in a year that nobody was watching football, only to then blow it when everyone started watching football because the Browns broke their 18-year playoff drought. "
    • Dan:"I have warts older than the GM. Our big brained strategy guy is a dude who was shown the door by the f***ing Mets for not being up to the job. Our coach is an anthropomorphic loaf of white bread whose team won its first playoff game in forever when he was barred from attending, then promptly lost the next week when he was prowling the sidelines. The QB has doll hands and the only play he’s guaranteed to execute is putting the ball on the ground with the game on the line. Our lockdown corner is more fragile than a Ming vase and has never played (and will never play) an entire season. The only highlight we see of our #1 wideout is from a play he made while on another team. The fabled DAWG POUND is about to burn through a couple decades of residual good will from the rest of the league by being obnoxious, front running jackasses as bad as any Patriots fan, but without the accomplishments."
    • Jon:"They went 11-5 which sounds impressive until you actually look. They beat the entire NFC East (worst division of all time), and AFC South (two terrible teams and two playoff teams that were one-and-done), the Bengals twice, and the Steelers resting their starters. They lost to the goddamn Jets. Next year they look to have a much harder schedule and I firmly expect them to finish below .500. Baker Mayfield is a better commercial actor than a QB. OBJ is never going to have a good season again. Kareem Hunt is still a piece of s***. "
    • Sam:"A team that has existed since 1999 and has a 1-1 playoff record doesn’t deserve a throwback uniform. These Browns have as much connection to the likes of Otto Graham and Bernie Kosar as Art Modell had to a balanced checkbook. This team and their history is cosplay. They play in a division with TWO teams that have a closer connection to their namesake than they do. The real Browns are in a city famous for crabcakes, crime, and the ironman baseball player that doesn’t have a disease named after him.

To say this team is hexed is like saying JFK left Dallas with a migraine. Art Modell’s gravesite should feature a drain and a urinal cake."

The team that had "character guys" in the past like Ray Lewis and Ray Rice (I literally saw a Ravens fan at the grocery store wearing a Rice jersey the other day)... it's... Why Your Team Sucks... The Baltimore Ravens! How dominant will this team look in the regular season, and will they disappear in the playoffs again?

To the Ravens fans:

• Drew Magary:"11-5. I guess have to talk about things other than The Dump Game, although I don’t really want to. But dammit this is JOURNALISM, and so I must do some journalism at you before I can unleash my Dump Game takes and allow them to flow freely. So lemme squeeze out some useful facts before I get logrollin’.

This team went 14-2 in 2019. Their quarterback was the reigning league MVP. Tom Brady was no longer in the AFC. Everything was in its right place. The Ravens were ready to assume THE THRONE, to WIPE away the competition all in a single MOVEMENT. What happened when they tried?

Taron Johnson, who didn’t even start for Buffalo, snatching a tie ballgame away from Baltimore and running to the other side of the world with it. What a waste.

There’s a backstory to that pick-six, naturally. The Ravens underachieved at 11-5. They got swept by Pittsburgh, with one of those losses coming on a Wednesday because everyone involved got COVID. Their starting corner got COVID and totally played while he was contagious. They got run over by Damien Harris (who) in New England. They got walked off by Derrick Henry at home. They lost three in a row at midseason to blow any chance they had at a division title. They only beat two teams that had a winning record during the regular season and one of them was Cleveland. But when your quarterback can take a poop break midgame—as if ducking out of a conference call—and still beat the Browns, that doesn’t speak well of your competition. No wonder these guys finished… number two?… in the North. No wonder they needed Mike Vrabel to do them a favor in the wild card round and punt a win to them. And no wonder they went to Buffalo the next week, watched their quarterback get concussed into QAnon, and swapped in something called Tyler Huntley on their way to three lousy goddamn points. Whenever this team loses in the playoffs, they put on an offensive display that makes the Jets look like a fireworks factory.

Lamar Jackson... You talk about guys that love getting COVID, this guy loves getting COVID! Can’t get enough of it. Lotta quarterbacks talk a big game about getting COVID, but Lamar Jackson walks the walk. He’s 100 percent dedicated to it. He’s the first player on the ventilator and the last one off. He spends all offseason training for COVID in hospice. He studies the COVID tape harder than any quarterback I’ve ever seen. His lungs are raw, but I see a TON of potential coming from them in terms of mucusability and spotting open COVID spores downfield. And he’s not selfish, either! Every other scout tells me that he’s not just gonna take off with the COVID first chance he gets. He’s gonna spread the wealth around. And if there’s loose COVID on the ground, this guy is diving for it. No hesitation. We’re talking about a true hospital rat. Incredible."
    • Carlos:"Fraud ass team. This team is GREAT when facing the NFL’s weak links, but when it comes to real competition we’re choke artists. Lamar may have been MVP once but he’ll forever be just Mahomes’ also-ran from now on. Marquise Brown’s only valuable contribution was pointing out why this offense doesn’t throw the ball more to all the souljas. Our top target is an unremarkable TE and we have a habit of signing washed receivers as cheap lip service. This team managed to get one of the most electrifying talents in a generation and proceeded to surround him with Nerf guns as weapons. Everyone talks the defense up as if we still had probable murderer/hall of famer Ray Lewis and Ed Reed still on our team, but we don’t. Derrick Henry lives in our heads rent free. Andy Reid beat us using plays he drew up while doing ayahuasca. "
    • Sean:"We lost to Ryan Tannehill and Josh Allen in consecutive years. Somewhere Zach Wilson, this year’s cherubic model, is rubbing his hands like Birdman. If Sam Darnold had been in our division, he would be a perennial All Pro. "
    • Brandon:" Ever since Ray Lewis retired, Harbaugh has been desperately trying to find a One and True Savior who is so talented it will cover for his inability to manage a game (the fourth-and-1s against Tennessee in the playoffs last year come to mind). Couple that with an overall ethos of “We don’t need talented receivers or a decent O-line for Lamar” and you have the makings of a Madden QB on a Tecmo Bowl team.

Oh, and f*** Villanueva. I’m sure he’ll be great, but **** him for giving these goddamn Yinzers something else to be smug about."
    • Joe:"Our amazing, groundbreaking, must-watch quarterback is a f***ing anti-vaxxer who got COVID, missed a game, s*** his pants in the middle of another, and still won’t take the jab. "

Who dat who dem here to explain... Why Your Team Sucks... The New Orleans Saints! They lost a HOF QB with a mole on his face and are replacing him with the league's most notorious sexual-assaultin' crab burglar.

Good luck with that.
    To the Saints fans:

• Drew Magary:"The Saints started 1-2 in 2020, including a loss in the first-ever Las Vegas Raiders home game, which Jon Gruden will dine out on for the rest of his contract. They won nine in a row after that, including a 38-3 horsewhipping of the Bucs that got everyone’s nipples all perky. Drew Brees really showed Tom Brady who’s boss that night!

And then a week later, 287 pounds of Kentavius Street landing on Brees and popping his lung like it was a balloon animal. No amount of AdvoCare fish bone powder was enough to fix it. So the head coach, smug bastard that he is, plugged Inspector Gadget in at quarterback after that and got away with three more wins—including a victory over the immortal Kendall Hinton—before reality asserted itself and the tag team of Jalen Hurts and Miles Sanders ran for a buck each on them in a single loss. In fact, the Saints would only end up beating one winning team all of last season, playoffs included, and they would only beat that team twice. Not a third time.

Fast forward to the divisional round, when they hosted Tampa in a game they were favored to win. Brees was back under center for this game. He probably shouldn’t have been. Fans of lesser teams know that you can only hide a compromised quarterback for so long. Whatever came out of Brees’s lungs on that Street sack included his ability to throw a football more than 10 yards down the field. The Saints went up 20-13 on Tampa and then committed three turnovers and allowed 17 unanswered points to end Brees’s career and whatever lingering fondness I had for them.

Your coach is still Sean Payton, who hasn’t won an NFC title since 2009 and certainly won’t win another. When Drew Brees is your quarterback, you can afford to run a wildcat package with a glorified fantasy tight end whenever you’re feeling playful. Maybe even start that guy for a few games while doctors snap Brees’s ribs back into place. But all that security is gone now. Payton is just another coach who’s gonna have to actually COACH his team because his QB won’t be able to do it for him. If you don’t think Payton is gonna deliberately underachieve so that he can sign a fat deal with the Cowboys a year from now, you haven’t been watching the same Sean Payton I have."
    • Bill:"Super sweet that two of our players picked right before this season as their date to experiment with either PEDs or orthopedic surgery. Can’t wait to bet my friends whether it’s gonna be a Taysom Hill designed run for .5 or a Jameis toss into Smoothie King Center."
    • Paddy:Half the already porous defense left in free agency. It’s July and Mike Thomas is hurt. Our #2 corner gets punched in the face more often than he gets interceptions. Our starting QB is a weird immature moron and occasional rapist, and also about as accurate as a Predator Drone strike during the Obama administration. Even if they’re somehow good this year (they won’t be), we get to witness his unearned redemptive arc."
    • Bradley:"Four straight division titles, and we get a brain fart of epic portions by Marcus Williams in Minnesota, a brain fart of epic portions by the refs in New Orleans, a playoff loss to Kirk fucking Cousins AT HOME, and the Bucs stomping the living **** out of Drew to put him out of his misery in front of an empty and eerily sterile Superdome (I mean just listen to this old man cry out for Kamara on this duck). We blew the best stretch of seasons this franchise will most likely ever have, and now we are going to watch either Utah Tebow or Jameis lead us out the tunnel. "
    • Jessica:"I would love to tell you that the reason I’m finally giving up the Saints this season is because I think Jameis Winston is reprehensible, which is true. But I also cheered for this same team that, over the past 12 years, employed a serial sexual predator at safety, devised a bounty scheme, and went waaaaaay out of their lane to help the Catholic Church cover up child abuse scandals before deciding to pick up Crablegs Mc”Alleged”Rapist last summer. You really couldn’t come up with a more sociopathic TV villain than the Saints brain trust if you tried."

David Patten, the wide receiver who won three Super Bowls with the New England Patriots, has passed away in a motorcycle accident.

I will always remember this catch in that first Super Bowl victory against the Rams.

AAAA1st30.jpg