Page 62 of 90 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As I posted a couple weeks ago , Belichick has a history of not making trades for older players at that age with 1st rd picks. He values the draft a lot as we have seen. If he did make a trade for Jones it would be a 2nd rd pick. It wouldn't be for a 1st I'm sure. But with him in rebuilding mode (he signed young WR's and TE's) and a young drafted QB I can't see him going big for Jones.

By the time Mac Jones is fully ready in his 2nd or 3rd year ....Julio will be 34/35. He'll be the tail end of his career. Hell he could be at tail end right now given last years injury. The guy has 13,000+ yards on his body at 32.

I'm kinda happy KC isn't involved in this. Sure next year they will way more cap room (close to $20+ million right now) but they don't need Jones with who they have at WR right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

That said I will groan if they get him. He's a luxury. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st in their position, but for a 2nd....

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Normally a team tries to trade a player out of the conference they are in. Like a NFC team tries to trade a player to a AFC team. Its very rare we see trades within a conference or even a division. I mean the Falcons could shock us and trade him to Seahawks.

I do think Titans will be the team that gets Jones. As they are a step below the Buffalo Bills , KC Chiefs etc right now. And a big WR target to pair with Brown and Henry would make them a threat offensively.
    Titans have been mentioned over and over. Seattle was just something I saw yesterday, might have been fake buzz. Jones' agent must be pretty busy right now, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ravens are out of the Jones sweeps! Updated list:

.::Top 5::.
    - Seahawks
    - Titans
    - Eagles
    - 49ers
    - Patriots

~<DARK HORSE>~
    - Chargers

.::Outliers::.
    - Packers
    - Colts
    - Jags

- Raiders
    - Browns
    - Steelers

.::Long Shots::.
    - Cardinals
    - Bears
    - Broncos
    - Saints
    - Vikings
    - Washington
    - Panthers

Big Ben is touting his $5M paycut was to "make room" not because he is on the down now. They lept into a favorite now along with Seattle being "the only top 5 team to offer a #1" ... interesting.

The betting odds today has Seattle as +225, followed by the Titans at +250. Next come the Eagles at +275, followed by the Ravens (whom just confirmed they are out minutes ago) and 49ers at +300.

The Patriots, the prior favorites at +150, have dropped to +450 with the Chargers standing at +800 as the dark horse. The rest are over +1000.

Tannehill called Jones and asked him to come to Tennessee because Julio is, "The only ten I see."

I want him to go there now. Previously, I was all in for the Chargers but I dunno ... that line. Classic.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-02-2021 at 11:19 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of other trades , Aaron Rodgers hasn't been traded.....yet. Pat Mahomes claims he's excited at the thought of facing Rodgers if he comes to AFC West. That was last week when he said that in an interview. Also Mahomes has said he's not caring about records at all and the only real record he would love to have is ....if KC could go 20-0 this season. That he would love to go undefeated !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As I've said previously, I can't imagine Jones wasting his golden years toiling for a rebuilding team like the Eagles. By the time we become good again, Julio will be done. As a lifelong cynic, I suspect the only reason Seattle is in the Jones sweepstakes is to placate Russell Wilson who's been making noises about wanting to be traded.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As I've said previously, I can't imagine Jones wasting his golden years toiling for a rebuilding team like the Eagles. By the time we become good again, Julio will be done. As a lifelong cynic, I suspect the only reason Seattle is in the Jones sweepstakes is to placate Russell Wilson who's been making noises about wanting to be traded.
    Russ needs OL and C help ... Not another WR. TEs that can block would be good, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Updates on Julio!

A bunch teams have opted out and the CHIEFS and Cowboys have offered lower picks but are in the hunt now! Dolphins have apparently gotten aggressive because they see themselves fighting with NE and BUF over playoff spots. I think with Zach Ertz said as being a "done deal" going to BUF, that is making NE and MIA try to go and get Julio.

.::TOP 5::.

- Titans
    - Patriots
    - Seahawks
    - Niners
    - Raiders

>>DARK HORSE<<

- Eagles

..::Longshots::..

- Packers
    - Colts
    - Chargers

.:Outliers:.

- Washington
    - Dolphins
    - Jaguars

Current odds:

Titans +200
    Patriots +300
    Seahawks +400
    49ers +500
    Raiders +600
    Eagles +700
    Ravens +900
    Packers +1000
    Colts +1000
    Chargers +1200
    Washington +1300
    Dolphins +1400
    Jaguars +1500
    Rams +1800
    Cowboys +2000
    Chiefs +2000
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-03-2021 at 10:49 AM.

BANNED

That it didn't happen already gives me hope my Patriots are out, whatever Vegas thinks of our odds. I'd rather we wait and see if someone like Jamison Crowder becomes a cap casualty and pounce on him. Not as exciting as Julio Jones name-recognition wise, but he's going to be 28 in a couple of weeks and would already be the best WR on our roster for likely a lot less money than Julio and years more for him and Mac (blech) to work together. Also, no loss of draft pick. Better yet, wait and see if we're competitive midway through the season and then talk about giving up picks (more valuable to other teams, knowing where they're going to be in the pecking order) to teams who aren't competitive and getting a nice piece that's hopefully younger/cheaper/healthier.

I could be wrong, he could go on to have a ridiculous next 3 years and I'll have to kick myself. I've been wrong before, many a time. Just think it's not worth the cost for the risk, and sorry to be a broken record but makes us less likely to retain key defensive pieces next year which may be our way to win football games going forward.

NFL already aiming for future 18-game schedule, perhaps as early as 2025, per reports

I'm surprised the owners are willing to wait THAT long to see their fondest dream come to fruition.

NFL already aiming for future 18-game schedule, perhaps as early as 2025, per reports

I'm surprised the owners are willing to wait THAT long to see their fondest dream come to fruition.
    Football in August? Oh my!

With there looking to be two spring leagues coming the revived XFL and the resurrected USFL, how soon until their seasons overlap?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    With there looking to be two spring leagues coming the revived XFL and the resurrected USFL, how soon until their seasons overlap?

-M
    Ikr, I saw a commercial for the new USFL this week. Crazy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Will there be enough fan support for two spring leagues?

Will there be enough fan support for two spring leagues?
    Who knows? Football has surpassed baseball as America's sport, and it seems like networks like ESPN run football coverage all year long to good ratings and the NFL Networks doesn't seem to be short of ratings during the off-season, so it will give all the talking football heads something to talk about during the NFL off-season rather than Gronk catching footballs from a helicopter and Aaron Rodgers sulking.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato