Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1345

Next up... Why Your Team Sucks:the Houston Texans, the team who let Bill O'Brien trade away DeAndre Hopkins, ran J.J. Watt out of town, and alienated DeShaun Watson so he demanded a trade that now seems a lot harder to get someone to give up value for given his blackjack-total of sexual assault accusations. That doesn't even cover the holier-than-thou maniac Jack Easterby to run the front office.

Top Texans quotes:

• Drew Magary: "they went out of their way to piss Watson off, compelled him to demand a trade, refused to trade him when a dozen other teams would have traded their fucking stadiums for him, and then watched as Watson got accused of being a serial sexual predator and became the most radioactive asset in a league where Frank Clark is still employed. You and I have brains and even we’d have no idea what to do in the Texans’ current predicament. So imagine how completely f***ing lost the Texans themselves are. It’s like handing Andrea Yates another child."
    • Dylan: "I have at least come around to thinking it’s deeply hilarious that Bob McNair’s failson is getting fleeced by a charlatan minister."
    • David: "Watt was legit beloved in Houston. Even by people who did not follow football. He gave back to the community in big ways and small ones. His help after Hurricane Harvey did a lot of good. And the Texans cut him to make way for a “better culture.” In short, the Texans currently have a clueless owner, a religious zealot in charge of the front office, a Patriots clone making roster moves, a head coach who has never been a head coach in 30 years of football, and no stars on the roster. So yeah, they suck."
    • Gaston: "We FINALLY got a franchise QB only for it to turn out to be Bill f***ing Cosby."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-01-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

I'm glad to see he's back writing those, but there's an e-mail sign-up thing. Is it worth it?

Also, came here because I saw this and while it's speculation/rumor, it makes me sad. Not a Bills fan but I've seen them go from perennial contender (I am old, old as hell) to a jokey afterthought in the division to a contender again and I feel good for the Bills fans who've waited so long for a return to relevancy only for the owners to see that the team has some success and marketability which gives them leverage to demand a new stadium, "or else":

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ns-per-report/

Any Bills fans (or others) have thoughts? Obviously they'd have to drop the Bills name, it'd be worse than Utah keeping the "Jazz" name or LA the "Lakers".

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm glad to see he's back writing those, but there's an e-mail sign-up thing. Is it worth it?
    I can access Defector articles without having to sign up for anything... but even if I feel like WYTS would be worth it if I had to.

Also, came here because I saw this and while it's speculation/rumor, it makes me sad. Not a Bills fan but I've seen them go from perennial contender (I am old, old as hell) to a jokey afterthought in the division to a contender again and I feel good for the Bills fans who've waited so long for a return to relevancy only for the owners to see that the team has some success and marketability which gives them leverage to demand a new stadium, "or else":

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ns-per-report/

Any Bills fans (or others) have thoughts? Obviously they'd have to drop the Bills name, it'd be worse than Utah keeping the "Jazz" name or LA the "Lakers".
    Link is broke. Can you relink or summarize please? Are they threatening to move to Texas again?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-01-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Stop me if you've heard this before....Carson Wentz is injured again:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...j1on2c17naysos
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Link is broke. Can you relink or summarize please? Are they threatening to move to Texas again?
    Weird, let me try another site:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-for*******/

And yeah, they're saying Austin. But I'm sure St. Louis, San Diego, or some other location could steal them away. They're asking for a billion and change for a new stadium, and I'm not sure Buffalo can afford (or justify, if they can) that kind of money regardless of the prestige the Bills bring to what isn't exactly a major city (I say in a state that has no city close to the size of Buffalo). It would suck, but the guys who own these teams aren't known for kicking in when they don't have to or loyalty to city (see the once-again LA Rams and Chargers, and the Vegas Raiders).

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stop me if you've heard this before....Carson Wentz is injured again:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...j1on2c17naysos
    Are we sure this isn't the same injury?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Weird, let me try another site:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-for*******/

And yeah, they're saying Austin. But I'm sure St. Louis, San Diego, or some other location could steal them away. They're asking for a billion and change for a new stadium, and I'm not sure Buffalo can afford (or justify, if they can) that kind of money regardless of the prestige the Bills bring to what isn't exactly a major city (I say in a state that has no city close to the size of Buffalo). It would suck, but the guys who own these teams aren't known for kicking in when they don't have to or loyalty to city (see the once-again LA Rams and Chargers, and the Vegas Raiders).
    Austin? No way, Jose. Jerrah and the Texans won't allow a third NFL team in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Are we sure this isn't the same injury?
    Foot this time. Don't think Wentz injured that body part before.

Austin? No way, Jose. Jerrah and the Texans won't allow a third NFL team in Texas.

Foot this time. Don't think Wentz injured that body part before.
    We were talking about it a page back and how he is still screwing the Eagles.

Because this could cost him a #1 pick.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    We were talking about it a page back and how he is still screwing the Eagles.

Because this could cost him a #1 pick.
    Yeah, I know. That was annoying, especially since there's no way of knowing just how long Wentz could be out. Meanwhile, the Colts must be sweating artillery shells because they don't have anything in the way of a veteran backup after letting Jacoby Brisett walk. You'd think Indy would've known better, given Wentz's injury history.

Yeah, I know. That was annoying, especially since there's no way of knowing just how long Wentz could be out. Meanwhile, the Colts must be sweating artillery shells because they don't have anything in the way of a veteran backup after letting Jacoby Brisett walk. You'd think Indy would've known better, given Wentz's injury history.
    ESPN is reporting Wentz will have surgery on the foot and be out 5-12 weeks now.

Surgery is scheduled for Monday, and it's reported to be an old injury, possibly from his high school days and now the broken bone in his foot from that injury has come loose and needs to be surgically repaired.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN is reporting Wentz will have surgery on the foot and be out 5-12 weeks now.

Surgery is scheduled for Monday, and it's reported to be an old injury, possibly from his high school days and now the broken bone in his foot from that injury has come loose and needs to be surgically repaired.

-M
    Whoa! The maximum of twelve weeks could keep Wentz on the shelf until mid-October, then there's the time spent getting back into football shape while leaning a new playbook. Hell, Wentz might not see the field for the Colts until early November if the worst case scenario comes to pass. So much for my Eagles getting that improved draft pick. Meanwhile, Indy had DAMN well better find a veteran QB and find him FAST to fill the gap until Wentz is ready.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-02-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Whoa! The maximum of twelve weeks could keep Wentz on the shelf until mid-October, then there's the time spent getting back into football shape while leaning a new playbook. Hell, Wentz might not see the field for the Colts until early November if the worst case scenario comes to pass. So much for my Eagles getting that improved draft pick. Meanwhile, Indy had DAMN well better find a veteran QB and find him FAST to fill the gap until Wentz is ready.
    I think that's why the Mariota and Carr trades are rumored again.

Kraft already bitching about Buffalo moving to Texas. Wants them to stay or go to St. Louis.

Doesn't want to travel to Texas more than he has to, huh??

The Wentz surgery is scheduled at 4PM central. Should know the length tonight or early tomorrow. Anything around 8 weeks or more means they need a new QB already and Philly gets screwed once again by Wentz.

Incoming WYTS! Incoming WYTS! It's... Why Your Team Sucks.... Next up... Why Your Team Sucks:the Atlanta Falcons, the team who blew a 29-10 lead to a Dallas Cowboys team without a defense to speak of, and was the first NFL team to ever score 39 points, not have a turnover, and LOSE. Here's the onside kick during Dallas' comeback where the Falcons just let them have it:

Top Falcons quotes:

• Drew Magary: "They signed Barkevious Mingo and he got charged with child molestation. Meanwhile, they refashioned their offense so that it’s just as useless as their defense now."
    • JD: "They were three running plays and a field goal away from bringing home the city’s first Lombardi, and in the five years since have fallen from the top of the Atlanta professional sports hierarchy to fourth, behind a young and fun baseball team that blew its own postseason lead, a terminally underachieving basketball team that is mayyyybe ready to start quasi-achieving, and a soccer team that had yet to play its first game during that Super Bowl. F*** this stupid team and their new, jawless head coach failson. 28-3 forever."
    • Brent: "Blew a 29-10 halftime lead to the Dallas Cowboys. Blew a 26-10 third-quarter lead to the Chicago Bears. Had a game-LOSING touchdown to the Detroit Lions. Blew a 17-10 halftime lead to the Los Angeles Chargers. Blew a 17-0 lead to the eventual Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It got to the point where I would just turn off the game at halftime, fully knowing what would happen (and usually, it did). It’s almost like we built our new stadium on top of two historic, sacred African-American churches founded by former slaves, and as a result, we’re cursed… Except that’s exactly what happened."
    • Rob: "Matt Ryan is my favorite player of all time, and even I was mad we passed on Justin Fields. Ryan is an emissary from the tapioca dimension. He’s got the charisma of a houseplant on Vyvanse and the sex appeal of a carpet soaked in borscht. His favorite hot wing flavor is creamy peanut butter. His favorite streaming service is CSPAN+. If he were a drag queen, his drag name would be Matt Ryan."