Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Between his 6000+ REC yards, nearly 2000+ punt return yards, and little over 2000 yards of combined rushing/passing/DEF yards ... can you name another player with 10k+ utility yards? Because in the scheme of things, that sounds very unique (Sanders according to Pro Football reference is the only other player with REC/RTY/KRTY/CAR/INT/PASS yards over 2000 and he is also WAY over 10K combined utility yards).

I dunno but that is pretty crazy if you ask me. I had no idea about that with Edelman. Prime Time I could see that (I had no idea he threw a completed pass!?) ...
    Edelman is #165 in All-Purpose Yards, a little behind Frank Gifford.

Got any guesses on who #1 is? Hint - it rhymes with rice-r-oni without the r-oni. Wes Welker, by the way, is #20 on the list!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Edelman is still definitely HoF worthy. The big football analysts keep pointing out how much he did in such a short time, too. It is not like he played 15 years or more.

I think some people, in this thread too, take that as meaning first ballot.

Much like Rivers or lesser Manning (both of whom I think are on the bubble but will go in despite what I think), he will go in eventually. It might take 30 years ... But he will go in.

Hines Ward is still not in. Yet like Edelman, that is a player people will still be talking about decades from now.

The fact that it is up for debate says something IMHO.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-13-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Edelman is still definitely HoF worthy. The big football analysts keep pointing out how much he did in such a short time, too. It is not like he played 15 years or more.

Much like Rivers or lesser Manning (both of whom I think are on the bubble but will go in despite what I think), he will go in eventually. It might take 30 years ... But he will go in.

Hines Ward is still not in. Yet like Edelman, that is a player people will still be talking about decades from now.

I think Edelman is one of those "on the bubble" players for the HoF. He could get in, depending on who else is eligible at the time and what voters feel that particular year. Or he might not, but either way I am 99.9% positive he isn't going in on the first ballot.

Now, for the Patriots Hall of Honor, he has a very good chance of getting in the first year he is eligible, no matter who else gets shoved aside from the list.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I mean it's really the gaps between NFL doings more than anything. He's not HOF worthy to me either. Dudes a WR, just like Julio Jones and A.J. Green, both of whom I can argue deserve a bid WAY before Edelman, both with 3 less Superbowl victories between them. I like dude but he's never been and All-Pro and not even been a Pro Bowl selection. That's not even a super good look for the Hall of Very Good. Of course we're not talking first ballot, even if hell went and had a tough winter, that goes without saying. Dudes played his whole career with Gronk, an actual offensive HOF'er, different position but the level production is quite a contrast all those week to weeks worth of seasons.

30 years lol, if he gotta wait that long I prolly ceases to be worth it on some level. That Superbowl MVP can keep him warm for years.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Now, for the Patriots Hall of Honor, he has a very good chance of getting in the first year he is eligible, no matter who else gets shoved aside from the list.
    1,000%, I might even watch. On YouTube the next day, I'd give it a thumbs down though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

In a change of subject, who do you think is the best QB of the draft?

Lawrence, Wilson, Jones seem to be the 1-2-3 lock.

I actually think Fields is going to be the standout.

For the QBs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In a change of subject, who do you think is the best QB of the draft?

Lawrence, Wilson, Jones seem to be the 1-2-3 lock.

I actually think Fields is going to be the standout.

For the QBs.
    Lawrence seems like the closest to a lock of the bunch.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Lawrence seems like the closest to a lock of the bunch.
    Everyone seems to think he is the guy but I dunno ... Fields did some real magic. He was #1 at the end of the season but he has fallen as far as 10th pick in some mocks. Piper even put him at 10.

For a guy that has thrown 0 passes since he was ranked 1 pretty universally ... I gotta imagine his chip on his shoulder is going to help him blow the roof off.

Everyone seems to think he is the guy but I dunno ... Fields did some real magic. He was #1 at the end of the season but he has fallen as far as 10th pick in some mocks. Piper even put him at 10.

For a guy that has thrown 0 passes since he was ranked 1 pretty universally ... I gotta imagine his chip on his shoulder is going to help him blow the roof off.
    Lawrence is considered to have done better against top competition. Fields' only knock is he played in the Big Ten, and didn't get the kind of defenses you see from the SEC or ACC as frequent as Lawrence did in post-season play (SEC), and regular season (ACC).

That's it. His resume is there, but I think there's some impression that the Big Ten isn't much past Ohio State these days. That, and the talent surrounding Fields gives him some pause, because "of course he looked good with that line and the weapons he had".

I'm not going to be surprised if he's a success. If I am, it's only because the Buckeyes do not make NFL quarterbacks. Haven't for some time.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 04-14-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's possible that the first four picks in the draft could be quarterbacks. I've seen a few mocks, and Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars) and Zach Wilson (Jets) are first and second in just about all of them, followed by a combination of Justin Fields, Mac Jones and Trey Lance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lawrence is the best. But that doesn't mean he will be the best two years from now. If anything has shown us in the last couple of big QB drafts, how the teams develop their talent and who coaches them is what makes them a good pro QB or not.
    Trade Josh Allen and Sam Darnold in that draft and I guarantee their careers would look very different.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-14-2021 at 06:09 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bills will go to 100% capacity this season, but makes vaccination a requirement to be there.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/o...be4397aa8.html
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Lawrence seems the clear #1 choice but things could play out quite differently and get pretty cloudy. Clemson is not known for producing good NFL QBs - the list is basically DeShaun Watson. Plus as good as Lawrence has been, there are knocks against him of trying to force things. So I don't know if Urban Meyer and the Jags are going to look at that and go for a Mack Jones from Alabama instead (crazy maybe but I could see it). If that happened, then the Jets would absolutely go for Lawrence. Next QB pick after that is anyone's guess.

We've mentioned Wilson and Fields but another guy who seems underrated in the draft to me is Sam Ehlinger. He's got some big knocks, but he comes from a school that has produced some true notables. Still, though I don't think he will go first round, I do think he's going to work out well in the NFL for whatever team picks him up.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-14-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Lawrence is the best. But that doesn't mean he will be the best two years from now. If anything has shown us in the last couple of big QB drafts, how the teams develop their talent and who coaches them is what makes them a good pro QB or not.
    Trade Josh Allen and Sam Darnold in that draft and I guarantee their careers would look very different.
    It isn't all about talent and coaching with quarterbacks who come out of college, what's in the heads of those kids also have to be taken into consideration. Case in point: Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning, they both were drafted in the same year (1998), even though Leaf was said to have had a world of talent, he was a chronic screwup and cashed out of the league after four uneventful seasons while Manning went on to win two Super Bowls and will be donning his gold jacket at Canton come August. You gotta be mature as well as talented to be a successful quarterback.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Bills will go to 100% capacity this season, but makes vaccination a requirement to be there.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/o...be4397aa8.html
    Ah, vaccine passports. Good. Who would have predicted the Bills Mafia tailgate might be the safest in the NFL?