Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They're gonna bill the Bucs as the underdog, too.

On the road a week after playing in LA. The media will give Tommy Touchdown so much pinboard material. He'll come out with a chip on his shoulder and pound NE into the ground.
    I hear NE has already begun digging mass graves in a field outside of Gilette Stadium
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I hear NE has already begun digging mass graves in a field outside of Gilette Stadium
    They can use the creepy drive the visitors have to take to the stadium. The away team at Gillette doesn't go in through the front, they take a series of twisty back roads through the NE countryside and small towns until the stadium just suddenly appears over the treetops. Interviewed players refer to it as one of the more intimidating ways in to any stadium they have seen, and that didn't count who they were playing against there a mere 2 seasons ago.
    Dark does not mean deep.

John Clayton has a recurring spot with my local drive home guy, he was on today going over Colts schedule stuff. He also mentioned several teams due to the dip in the cap won't have enough space to even pay all the draft picks and that is going to cause a releasing of several players over the coming off-season for space. I guess Jimmy Ghrahm is going to stay in Chicago is the closest thing I could find on the several teams in this predicament. Looks like N.O. is at the bottom as it stands now.

The movement of Aaron Rogers and Deshun Watson I figure will be cap wreckers in a down cap season wherever they end up.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Apparently the women accusing Deshaun Watson are saying they felt disrespected by the NFL in meetings they had with the league. I saw that headline and my first thought was, "No ****, Sherlock". The NFL will pay lip service in their public statements but if the women think the league actually cares about what happened to them, they are dreaming.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Apparently the women accusing Deshaun Watson are saying they felt disrespected by the NFL in meetings they had with the league. I saw that headline and my first thought was, "No ****, Sherlock". The NFL will pay lip service in their public statements but if the women think the league actually cares about what happened to them, they are dreaming.
    Just like the league cared about the health of its players by adding a seventeenth game to the schedule. Can't say this came as any great surprise.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Since the off-season can be slow at time, I thought I throw out some NFL memes that made me laugh this week.

This one came with a follow-up post.

The post was: "Hey, whenever you have a problem, sign Bortles. BOOM! Right away you have a new problem!"

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They can use the creepy drive the visitors have to take to the stadium. The away team at Gillette doesn't go in through the front, they take a series of twisty back roads through the NE countryside and small towns until the stadium just suddenly appears over the treetops. Interviewed players refer to it as one of the more intimidating ways in to any stadium they have seen, and that didn't count who they were playing against there a mere 2 seasons ago.
    Thats kinda awesome.

A couple of years ago I toured Broncos stadium and it was fascinating. Pretty new stadium. The field itself is intimidating enough for visitors but the visitor locker room is hilariously small and outdated, from the lockers to the ugly carpet. The two spas in there are these antiquated, wooden 1970s things that probably leak. That place would suck for anyone! Meanwhile the home locker room is a modern marvel of space, technology and comfort (we were only allowed a peek in there).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City made a trade for a former 2018 1st rd pick in Mike Hughes (CB) from the Vikings. KC sent Minnesota a 7th rd 2022 pick in exchange for Hughes and a 6th rd pick there. The Vikings were wanting to get rid of Hughes due to injury issues and KC decided to take a shot on Hughes to see if he can live up to his earlier potential.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Kansas City made a trade for a former 2018 1st rd pick in Mike Hughes (CB) from the Vikings. KC sent Minnesota a 7th rd 2022 pick in exchange for Hughes and a 6th rd pick there. The Vikings were wanting to get rid of Hughes due to injury issues and KC decided to take a shot on Hughes to see if he can live up to his earlier potential.
    You got the picks backwards superE...the Chiefs gave up the 6th rounder for Hughes and a 7th rounder.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    You got the picks backwards superE...the Chiefs gave up the 6th rounder for Hughes and a 7th rounder.

-M

I read it off NFL.Com and well here is another article...

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...ck-mike-hughes

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer was first with the details on the swap — with the Chiefs getting Hughes and the Vikings’ 2022 seventh-rounder in exchange for their 2022 sixth-round pick.
    I was wrong on the picks on what was given and what they received back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Tebow isn't signed to be a starting TE if we see this. He's signed as a backup TE/RB. And at one time he could run very well with the ball. If he's a decent catcher and can run routes in the Meyer system he may work out. He knows the system Meyer runs and will have that going for him. I don't see him becoming the starting TE unless a rash of injuries hit or he becomes a huge player at TE.
    Now that I think of it, I pray Tebow plays like a champion! His fans will howl like drooling mongoloids for him to get every pass. Ever CB & Safety will be head hunting him the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Too true. NFL is only about the NFL owners. Anyone that threatens it's bottom line is the enemy. They will turn every two-bit investigators they can after the women. Anything shady they have in their past will come out.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 05-14-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Now that I think of it, I pray Tebow plays like a champion! His fans will howl like drooling mongoloids for him to get every pass. Ever CB & Safety will be head hunting him the entire season.
    One NFL Analyst expects them to send Tebow in motion a lot and having him catch outta the backfield at times. That his routes will be likely that at times.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

One NFL Analyst expects them to send Tebow in motion a lot and having him catch outta the backfield at times. That his routes will be likely that at times.
    That analyst needs to pee in a cup. The notion of Tebow being even a marginally effective after all the years away from the game, and playing tight end for the first time in his career is ludicrous on steroids.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Huh. I would have figured they'd send him out when its time for the team to take a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Huh. I would have figured they'd send him out when its time for the team to take a knee.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium