Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 960
  1. #856
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rumors are flying around that NE is trading a 22 R1, a 23 R2 & R3 for Julio.
    Crazy. Might be a ploy to get another team to panic and snatch Julio up for an outrageous amount. Only to have Belichick come in and snatch that team's inevitable cast offs at cost. But Belichick wouldn't do that, would he? Naaaaaahh. Oh yes he would!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  2. #857
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Crazy. Might be a ploy to get another team to panic and snatch Julio up for an outrageous amount. Only to have Belichick come in and snatch that team's inevitable cast offs at cost. But Belichick wouldn't do that, would he? Naaaaaahh. Oh yes he would!
    The only updates I have seen have been:
    - TEN have left the trade table for Jones. Titans are no longer pursuing a trade with ATL.
    - NE offered a 2022 R1 ... OR, or, OR ... a 2022 R2 & 2023 R3.
    - IND has reportedly offered a trade similar to NE.
    - An unnamed AFC West team has offered a trade similar as well.
    - SF asked for a price from ATL but walked.

    Personally, with ATL in rebuild having a guy like Jones makes sense to deal over Ryan. Strike now for the multiple picks IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  3. #858
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Crazy. Might be a ploy to get another team to panic and snatch Julio up for an outrageous amount. Only to have Belichick come in and snatch that team's inevitable cast offs at cost. But Belichick wouldn't do that, would he? Naaaaaahh. Oh yes he would!
    Or they could have started that rumor themselves hoping to get a higher price for him. Or Julio's camp itself could be behind it. Or yes, even Darth Hoodie hoping to create a bidding war in an attempt to weaken rivals. If that third one is true, and suspected, expect a new rule next off-season making such tactics illegal.
    Dark does not mean deep.

  4. #859
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The only updates I have seen have been:
    - TEN have left the trade table for Jones. Titans are no longer pursuing a trade with ATL.
    - NE offered a 2022 R1 ... OR, or, OR ... a 2022 R2 & 2023 R3.
    - IND has reportedly offered a trade similar to NE.
    - An unnamed AFC West team has offered a trade similar as well.
    - SF asked for a price from ATL but walked.

    Personally, with ATL in rebuild having a guy like Jones makes sense to deal over Ryan. Strike now for the multiple picks IMHO.

    Atlanta I think wants a 1st rd pick for Jones given he's a future Hall of Fame player. But no one is gonna give it. Its why Tennessee and SF walked from it. The unnamed AFC team is likely the Raiders who are desperate. I would laugh if they trade their draft picks for both Jones and Rodgers ....and they still somehow can't make the playoffs in 2-3 seasons. That would be grand comedy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #860
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Atlanta I think wants a 1st rd pick for Jones given he's a future Hall of Fame player. But no one is gonna give it. Its why Tennessee and SF walked from it. The unnamed AFC team is likely the Raiders who are desperate. I would laugh if they trade their draft picks for both Jones and Rodgers ....and they still somehow can't make the playoffs in 2-3 seasons. That would be grand comedy.
    If I'm in rebuild ... I would take multiple picks personally. If I was contending and just missed or made the playoffs ... I'd push for a higher pick.

    The rumors I heard on sports talk radio and podcast sounds like the AFC West team was the Broncos as part of their plea to snag Rodgers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  6. #861
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If I'm in rebuild ... I would take multiple picks personally. If I was contending and just missed or made the playoffs ... I'd push for a higher pick.

    The rumors I heard on sports talk radio and podcast sounds like the AFC West team was the Broncos as part of their plea to snag Rodgers.
    This makes no sense with Broncos. They just cut a WR due to having a lot of crowded young WR's they are high on right now with Surtland and Jeury there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  7. #862
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,479

    Default

    Welp it's official, the Jags have signed Tebow as a TE.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  8. #863
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Welp it's official, the Jags have signed Tebow as a TE.

    -M
    Amazing how many chances people get for no real good reason.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  9. #864
    New old guy Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    I'm still wondering about this possible Julio Jones deal that may or may not be working. Not sure why ATL would draft such a dynamic TE if they didn't play on one more go with the grouping they have. Then too this the Falcons we're talking about, so I don't even know.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

  10. #865
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I'm still wondering about this possible Julio Jones deal that may or may not be working. Not sure why ATL would draft such a dynamic TE if they didn't play on one more go with the grouping they have. Then too this the Falcons we're talking about, so I don't even know.
    The Falcons have Calvin Ridley who had a huge season last year. He's going into his 3rd or 4th season and former 1st rd pick. So they have that heir in place. Which really Atlanta has done very well drafting 1st rd WR's the last 2+ decades to replace the all-stars as they get older.


    Roddy White : Drafted 1st rd 27th overall in 2005 : Had over 808 receptions for 10,863 yards 63 TD's. - Retired after 2015 and 11 seasons.

    Julilo Jones : Drafted 1st rd 6th overall in 2011 : Has over 848 receptions for 12,896 yards and 60 TD's.

    Calvin Ridley : Drafted 1st rd 26th overall in 2018 : Has over 217 receptions for 3,061 yards 26 TDs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  11. #866
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Amazing how many chances people get for no real good reason.
    In this case it may not be a good reason but it is a predictable one. Urban Meyer is that kind of guy.
    Dark does not mean deep.

  12. #867
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,131

    Default

    Who leaves Jacksonville first? Lawrence or Meyer?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  13. #868
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who leaves Jacksonville first? Lawrence or Meyer?
    I think it's Meyer. He hasn't coached a game and he's already mired in controversy, first, an assistant who had to be axed one day after being hired after stories of racism and bullying while at Iowa cropped up, now Tebow whom most are saying is being done a favor by his old college coach. While Shad Khan is one of the most patient owners in the NFL, you can't tell me he isn't suffering from buyer's remorse with Meyer. Bottom line, coaches are replaceable, possible franchise quarterbacks like Lawrence aren't.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-20-2021 at 02:50 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who leaves Jacksonville first? Lawrence or Meyer?
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think it's Meyer. He hasn't coached a game and he's already mired in controversy, first, an assistant who had to be axed one day after being hired after stories of racism and bullying while at Iowa cropped up, now Tebow whom most are saying is being done a favor by his old college coach. While Shad Khan is one of the most patient owners in the NFL, you can't tell me he isn't suffering from buyer's remorse with Meyer. Bottom line, coaches are replaceable, possible franchise quarterbacks like Lawrence aren't.
    Whenever the going gets tough, Urban Meyer suddenly remembers his "cardiac problems" and can't manage the gumption to coach anymore. His heart seems to only be in it as well as the fortunes of his workplace at the time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  15. #870
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Welp it's official, the Jags have signed Tebow as a TE.

    -M
    So ... the Jags now have six TEs on the 90-man roster. Is that normal?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •