Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

If this happens, there will be some amazing talent left for 6-10.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If this happens, there will be some amazing talent left for 6-10.
    Indeed. Several WR and TEs and DTs and CBs and ... etc.

That means:

- Penei Sewell
    -Jaylen Waddle
    - Kyle Pitts
    - Ja'Marr Chase
    - Caleb Farley
    - Micah Parsons
    - Christian Darrisaw
    - Kwity Paye (!) <--- This kid amassed 4 seasons of great numbers at 6 different LB/edge/DT positions!
    - Rashawn Slater
    - DeVonta Smith

Are all left at 6-15!

As an aside, anybody else think Trevor Lawrence is going to end up being a dud? From watching him play in college, Jones, Wilson, Lance, Trask, Mond, Mills, Newman, Franks, Ramsey ... all seem better to me. I just don't see this QB as bad as 1998 when the only good QBs were Peyton, Gliese, and Hasselback. I also don't see Lawrence as the next Manning. He screams early 4th round QB to me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-02-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

CB Richard Sherman took a meeting in LV.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In the realms of no one is gonna rush to do this ....the 49ers are intent on keeping Jimmy Garappolo for the 2021 season and have told teams it will take a 1st rd draft pick to get him. Not many teams are rushing to send a 1st to the team for a QB who has had only 1 healthy season in the last 3 years .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In the realms of no one is gonna rush to do this ....the 49ers are intent on keeping Jimmy Garappolo for the 2021 season and have told teams it will take a 1st rd draft pick to get him. Not many teams are rushing to send a 1st to the team for a QB who has had only 1 healthy season in the last 3 years .
    Would they take #15 overall?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

....the 49ers are intent on keeping Jimmy Garappolo

Hmmp. Not many teams are rushing to send a 1st to the team for a QB who throws interceptions with his eyes closed in a Superbowl neither. Crazy league huh.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm sure the other 31 GM's are laughing their collective asses off at those unreasonable demands for a Sam Bradford level brittle quarterback.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm sure the other 31 GM's are laughing their collective asses off at those unreasonable demands for a Sam Bradford level brittle quarterback.
    Reminds me of Brody "Tinfoil" Croyle....
    Dark does not mean deep.

I saw an article on SI.com that said Larry Fitzgerald is expected to retire.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Even when he was at full power season before last he was distant third in the oppositions game plan behind that defense and that run game.

Shanny kid can make a QB look real good but when he runs out of tricks, bay-bee, the QB is on his own. If and when you're in a hole when that happens, a way more capable QB than Jim G (Matt Ryan) is gonna struggle to get out from under that ****.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Considering we selected him at around the end of the 2nd Round 7 years ago (yeah, been that long) and according to some quick internet research (may be wrong, happy to be corrected) he's going to count for $25 million against the cap this year for a team acquiring him and $25.6 next year (and saving the 49ers around 23 million if he's traded), and he's shown nothing that makes me think he's better than league average at this point in his already established career, and the fact that he's played 27 games in 3 years (or a little more than half of the time) due to injuries that I see no reason to believe aren't going to crop up again I wouldn't give them a 2nd round pick this year and I'd think long and hard about a 3rd (if we had one, that wasn't a supplemental).

Better to take a shot on that Trask kid if he's there in the 2nd, or hope one of the top RBs falls to us in the 2nd and go running and defense and hope Cam doesn't screw things up too badly. Wait for a trade opportunity for a veteran, or one of the now-backups like Darnold or Bridgewater to fall off and scoop them up. And that's only if we don't decide to move up and get one of the kids in the 1st round this year.

Much rather spend that cap space we have left extending our corners Gilmore and Jackson, than an injury-prone lateral move from Andy Dalton.

For whatever it's worth, Eagles' quarterback Jalen Hurts has changed his jersey number from #2 to #1. I just hope the young man plays like a number one passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw an article on SI.com that said Larry Fitzgerald is expected to retire.
    Local sportstalk in Phoenix has been doing updates on this since the season ended, and compared when he's announced he's coming back the previous few years to try to get a bearing on it.

He's never taken this long to make an announcement, and he's still been doing golf tournaments and the like for months. There's been no indication, one way or another.

But I think it's still possible he might want to, given Arizona just freed up some extra salary by restructuring Jordan Hicks and Rodney Hudson's contracts to make more room. If Larry's gonna come back for "one more ride"... he isn't going to be doing it at a discount. And while last year's production might not deserve an $8 or $9 million dollar deal, I think Arizona may have freed up the cash to bring him back for a farewell tour for their fans if he wants to do it.

It just would suck if his last season was the Covid-19 year without the fans that love him that much at State Farm Stadium chanting his name.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Watching baseball on ESPN, according to the bottom crawl, yet another woman has come forward to accuse Deshaun Watson, bringing the total to a whopping 22. This stuff has gone well beyond crazy.

Watching baseball on ESPN, according to the bottom crawl, yet another woman has come forward to accuse Deshaun Watson, bringing the total to a whopping 22. This stuff has gone well beyond crazy.
    I didn't even know 22 women when I was that age, let alone have time to assault that many.