Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Mahomes can only do his magic with a good O-line, otherwise he'll end up getting hurt and then his play will start to decline when he's not as fast as he used to be and all of that...

Side note tried to find the MLB thread but couldn't, ah well we still have a few weeks before that season starts...
    KC has to approach this draft with 2 needs - OFFENSIVE LINE and DEFENSE. KC will be happy that next season their starting all-pro guard who opted out returns. But they need to draft a top notch tackle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Eagles purgeathon nails it's second victim after WR Alshon Jeffery was cut loose today. I suspect other players will follow Jeffery and Desean Jackson out the door.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFL News...

- In a sign that Carson Wentz arrival in Indy isn't gonna be as warm welcomed ; he called Michael Pittman Jr. about getting #11 off him. Usually a younger player gives the veteran the number or sales it to them. Pittman claimed he told Wentz he couldn't have the number. Wentz being a good sport understood and will switch his number. Pittman later claimed how excited he was to play with Wentz. (but lets be honest , the 1st interaction you have with your future QB is you telling him no switching a jersey number ? Really ?)

- J.J Watt right now is rumored for a number of teams from Arizona , Green Bay , Cleveland and Pittsburgh. A fact a fan from Arizona on twitter was pushing on him to make a decision quick on a new team. But as Watts responded he needs time to pick a new city and team to move too.

- All-Pro and 4-time Pro Bowl guard Mike Lupati announced his retirement after 11 seasons. Lupati has played for the 49ers , Cardinals , and Seahawks in his 11 seasons. He had suffered a neck injury a couple seasons ago and battled to log 10 seasons at least in career. He managed 1 extra.

- Amy Palcic is back with a new team in the role of leader of communications with Jacksonville . Which is basically she's back leading PR for a NFL team. After her stupid firing by Houston (which has became a complete joke now as she was considered one of the best PR people in the league and led Hurricane Harvey work) Palcic is gonna likely make Jacksonville Jaguars a nice PR team.

- The rebuilding continues in Philadelphia. After trading Carson Wentz and cutting DeShawn Jackson days ago the Eagles are expected to cut Alshon Jeffrey (WR) when the league year opens. This will be a tough situation for a 2nd year QB in Hurts as WR options are being cut.

- Speaking of Jacksonville the team is gonna decline Tyler Eifert (TE) option after a single season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - In a sign that Carson Wentz arrival in Indy isn't gonna be as warm welcomed ; he called Michael Pittman Jr. about getting #11 off him. Usually a younger player gives the veteran the number or sales it to them. Pittman claimed he told Wentz he couldn't have the number. Wentz being a good sport understood and will switch his number. Pittman later claimed how excited he was to play with Wentz. (but lets be honest , the 1st interaction you have with your future QB is you telling him no switching a jersey number ? Really ?)
    I know something like this won't happen, but it would be funny if head coach Frank Reich went to Pittman and said, "Son, you've been in the league 15 minutes, and Wentz was an MVP candidate. You're giving up your number, that's NOT a request."

- The rebuilding continues in Philadelphia. After trading Carson Wentz and cutting DeShawn Jackson days ago the Eagles are expected to cut Alshon Jeffrey (WR) when the league year opens. This will be a tough situation for a 2nd year QB in Hurts as WR options are being cut.
    Dumping Jackson and Jeffery comes under the heading of addition by subtraction. Jackson had played something like just eight games in two years with the Birds because of injuries, and Jeffery was a shot fighter who's production had been trending downward. I'm hoping Philly will have the good sense to draft WR Devonta Smith with the sixth pick if he's there and he can grow with Hurts along with emerging TE Dallas Goedert.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I know something like this won't happen, but it would be funny if head coach Frank Reich went to Pittman and said, "Son, you've been in the league 15 minutes, and Wentz was an MVP candidate. You're giving up your number, that's NOT a request."

Dumping Jackson and Jeffery comes under the heading of addition by subtraction. Jackson had played something like just eight games in two years with the Birds because of injuries, and Jeffery was a shot fighter who's production had been trending downward. I'm hoping Philly will have the good sense to draft WR Devonta Smith with the sixth pick if he's there and he can grow with Hurts along with emerging TE Dallas Goedert.
    The funniest part of this was Pittman claiming how he couldn't wait to play with him soon. This after he literally told how he wouldn't change his jersey number for the guy. Like ...this doesn't inspire much coming together really.

Yah I'm hoping Reich has a heart to heart with Pittman that goes something along the lines of "We have a vision, the Colts fans know what our vision is, and its Wentz in #11. Bye Felicia.”
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was diagnosed with COVID-19:

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-co...-from-facility

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was diagnosed with COVID-19:

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-co...-from-facility
    Hope for a speedy recovery for the coach.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I'm hoping Reich has a heart to heart with Pittman that goes something along the lines of "We have a vision, the Colts fans know what our vision is, and its Wentz in #11. Bye Felicia.”
    Really? The vision for a team includes a certain player wearing a certain number? If that's a factor in determining the overall success for a team, they deserve to lose.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

- Amy Palcic is back with a new team in the role of leader of communications with Jacksonville . Which is basically she's back leading PR for a NFL team. After her stupid firing by Houston (which has became a complete joke now as she was considered one of the best PR people in the league and led Hurricane Harvey work) Palcic is gonna likely make Jacksonville Jaguars a nice PR team.
    Glad to see this news item.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Really? The vision for a team includes a certain player wearing a certain number? If that's a factor in determining the overall success for a team, they deserve to lose.
    I don't think Reich will care. But this doesn't bode well for the team chemistry if the 1st action the WR for the team does is bring up how he wouldn't change his number for the new QB coming in. It doesn't bode well for whats ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Well, Pittman is a first year and the NFL is a bit like a fraternity, with initiation rituals and all. Wentz is a veteran who has definitely earned his scars. I'd think this is an opportunity for the coach to step in and make sure things are truly copesetic, at least.

Per Bleacher Report (and others):

"Representatives for the Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson have reportedly "broached" the idea of a trade with the team's front office amid the quarterback's rising frustrations.

Michael-Shawn Dugar, Mike Sando and Jayson Jenks of The Athletic reported Thursday the Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints and New York Jets are among the potential landing spots for the eight-time Pro Bowl selection."

Will he go, though? I don't think so. None of those potential teams offer anything better than a lateral move.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Per Bleacher Report (and others):

"Representatives for the Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson have reportedly "broached" the idea of a trade with the team's front office amid the quarterback's rising frustrations.

Michael-Shawn Dugar, Mike Sando and Jayson Jenks of The Athletic reported Thursday the Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints and New York Jets are among the potential landing spots for the eight-time Pro Bowl selection."

Will he go, though? I don't think so. None of those potential teams offer anything better than a lateral move.
    However, Wilson has a no trade clause and he has said the only teams he would go to are the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders and Chicago Bears. If he doesn't waive his no trade clause, they can't trade him. Wilson has also said he wants to play for Seattle still and is not demanding a trade, he just wants to see some changes/improvements there.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato