Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 954
  1. #841
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,806
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #842
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,157

    Default

    So I discovered a nice NFL channel with some surprising new facts and unknown stories I never knew about NFL and NFL Draft. Like this one....





    - Tex Schramm was GM then in his final season there. He was looking at James Francis and was gonna trade up to #13 for him with Kansas City. A deal was struck then but only if Francis was there....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  3. #843

    Default

    The Zach Wilson drafted #2 to the Jets story is already paying dividends... to the New York Media.

    Because they're reporting on his mom. From her appearance on TV during his draft process where at first, people were like, his mom's kind of attractive... and then as social media started to mention her, they started to interact with her on it. And she's... well... she's a lot. Like anti-masker, "women on Snapchat are whores", etc. a lot. And people are already feeling a sense of deja vu from when Eli Apple got drafted #10 by the Giants and his mother was thrust into the NY media spotlight.

    These... aren't the headlines the Jets must want. Or Zach Wilson, really.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  4. #844
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Zach Wilson drafted #2 to the Jets story is already paying dividends... to the New York Media.

    Because they're reporting on his mom. From her appearance on TV during his draft process where at first, people were like, his mom's kind of attractive... and then as social media started to mention her, they started to interact with her on it. And she's... well... she's a lot. Like anti-masker, "women on Snapchat are whores", etc. a lot. And people are already feeling a sense of deja vu from when Eli Apple got drafted #10 by the Giants and his mother was thrust into the NY media spotlight.

    These... aren't the headlines the Jets must want. Or Zach Wilson, really.
    That much is obvious. Unfortunately, it sounds like that cat is already out of the bag, good for the voracious New York media, bad for Wilson and the Jets.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #845
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,157

    Default

    I googled Zach Wilson's mom and was like....




    Such a shame she's really like this as we see. Can't she be a hot lady without the crazy ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That much is obvious. Unfortunately, it sounds like that cat is already out of the bag, good for the voracious New York media, bad for Wilson and the Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I googled Zach Wilson's mom and was like....

    Here's my thing... every time he lines up to take a snap, someone in the front 7 of the opposing defense is going to start making comments about Zach's mom. This will only lead to mind games getting wrapped up with a bow for Jets' opponents to mess with the kid. Warren Sapp, in his day, did research on opposing QB's to trash talk them based on their own team's media guides just to get in their heads. Anyone who sees this story and goes, "Whatever..."

    I wouldn't write it off. There's no guarantee this won't help mess with the kid.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  7. #847
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Here's my thing... every time he lines up to take a snap, someone in the front 7 of the opposing defense is going to start making comments about Zach's mom. This will only lead to mind games getting wrapped up with a bow for Jets' opponents to mess with the kid. Warren Sapp, in his day, did research on opposing QB's to trash talk them based on their own team's media guides just to get in their heads. Anyone who sees this story and goes, "Whatever..."

    I wouldn't write it off. There's no guarantee this won't help mess with the kid.
    Wilson will need to sit down with mom ASAP and basically tell her to cool it. I've heard stories over the last few weeks that Tom Brady's dad was just as much of a big mouth, but the New England omerta kept him in check. it's only since Brady took his talents to Tampa that his dad removed the shackles and opened up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Wilson will need to sit down with mom ASAP and basically tell her to cool it. I've heard stories over the last few weeks that Tom Brady's dad was just as much of a big mouth, but the New England omerta kept him in check. it's only since Brady took his talents to Tampa that his dad removed the shackles and opened up.
    Yeah, I feel like there are going to be teams' draft scouts now sizing up players' families to avoid bulletin board material getting farmed to other teams for free.

    I mean, there are some draft busts that have happened and had teams scrutinized the parents beforehand, they could have avoided some headaches. Todd Marinovich comes to mind.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  9. #849

    Default

    Oh, and given all the drama in Jacksonville with Urban Meyer taking over, bringing in a dirtbag strength and conditioning coach, some guy named Tebow, and the first two picks the Jags made being exciting rookies in Lawrence & Etienne... the best bet is that Jacksonville is gonna be on HBO's Hard Knocks this year. Current rumor I'm seeing circulating that makes WAY too much sense.

    Dallas is probably the #2 likely scenario, because... well, you have Dak's return, and Jerrah being Jerrah.

    I think Arizona would be the bronze medal choice, given the free agent haul where they brought in JJ Watt, AJ Green, and trading for Rodney Hudson and have Kyler Murray trying to make the jump into the playoffs... I'll note, though, that Arizona has never been on Hard Knocks, because I don't think there's enough national interest or stories that have been on the team for folks to want it.

    Denver, NY Giants, and Carolina are also eligible. These are the six scenarios, based on the "No team that has been on Hard Knocks within the past 10 years", "No team with a new head coach", and "No team that made the playoffs the previous year" rules.

    But the "Will Tebow make the roster?" thing has got to make Deval County the most likely filming location.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 05-16-2021 at 06:57 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  10. #850
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Wilson will need to sit down with mom ASAP and basically tell her to cool it. I've heard stories over the last few weeks that Tom Brady's dad was just as much of a big mouth, but the New England omerta kept him in check. it's only since Brady took his talents to Tampa that his dad removed the shackles and opened up.
    Proving the Patriots Way does have some real benefits. Not having to deal with the stupidity of fame whoring parents is a big plus.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  11. #851
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,806

    Default

    Rumors are flying around that NE is trading a 22 R1, a 23 R2 & R3 for Julio.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  12. #852
    Astonishing Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    I hope not. Extend Gilmore and Jackson, keep the defensive core. If Mac "Nobama" Jones proves me wrong and ends up being a decent QB you can attract decent and not quite as aging WRs for significantly cheaper who might be on the upswing of their careers, rather than on the decline with health issues and a very expensive cap hit, if you have a great defense and a great coach/organization. Losing Gilmore and Jackson next year means everything else gets weaker. I'm sure Julio, when healthy, would be an upgrade to our chances this year. But if the question was would I rather Gilmore and Jackson this year or Julio? I go Gilmore and Jackson. That goes double for next year, and the year after that. We're not a piece away. This is a rebuild, might take several to truly be competitive. And that's if Mac Jones isn't Johnny Manziel 2.0.
    Formerly finfangfool

  13. #853
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,157

    Default

    I can't see Bill Belichick giving that much up for a WR who is 33 and had injury issues the last season. Remember he only gave up a 4th rd pick to the Oakland Raiders for a 30 year old Randy Moss. And this was Moss without injury issues. Belichick if he gives up this much is...likely desperate as hell at this stage. (But i can't see him doing that)

    Logically I'd say that Jones is worth a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe 2 draft picks at most.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  14. #854
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I can't see Bill Belichick giving that much up for a WR who is 33 and had injury issues the last season. Remember he only gave up a 4th rd pick to the Oakland Raiders for a 30 year old Randy Moss. And this was Moss without injury issues. Belichick if he gives up this much is...likely desperate as hell at this stage. (But i can't see him doing that)

    Logically I'd say that Jones is worth a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe 2 draft picks at most.
    I agree. Say what you will about Darth Hoodie, but it's damn hard to imagine him being desperate, not when he's close to 70 and his place in Canton is already reserved.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #855
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,209

    Default

    Got an alert from Bleacher Report that, after ten years in Washington, Ryan Kerrigan will be taking his talents to South Philly and sign with the Eagles. I certainly didn't see this move coming.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •