Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1345
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cam Newton seemed to piss off Belichick with his covid situation and missing time a week or 2 ago by not following the rules. Belichick had came out saying Jones had a chance then and it didn't help Newton really. His own attitude cost him and Belichick doesn't suffer morons on his team.
    Hadn’t considered the situation with vaccination status. Then Newton screwed himself over. God only knows if other teams will kick the tires since he’s not vaccinated. I mean, that not just affects him, but everyone else on a roster he’d be on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NE also cut Hoyer.

So QB1 is Jones, QB2 is Stidham. Seems a bit dangerous with a rookie QB not to have a QB3.

Altough Hoyer could be the wink and nod “release” but will be brought back tomorrow, or the following day, after they place someone on PUP. That is very much like Belichick.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    NE also cut Hoyer.

So QB1 is Jones, QB2 is Stidham. Seems a bit dangerous with a rookie QB not to have a QB3.

Altough Hoyer could be the wink and nod “release” but will be brought back tomorrow, or the following day, after they place someone on PUP. That is very much like Belichick.
    Ya when I heard Hoyer was cut (I am no fan of Hoyer) I was a bit puzzled. I do see Bill doing the wink and nod and bringing him back though. They cant just have Jones and Stidham...I dont think...?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

What is the wink and nod everyone is talking about? Is that a trick used in the NFL?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni officially announced that Jalen Hurts will be the starter for week one in Atlanta. Given the team’s alleged flirtation with Deshaun Watson, followed by the trade for Gardner Minshew, it’s hardly a secret the front office isn’t fully in love with Hurts who’s going to have to play his ass off from jump street to keep his job.

NE also cut Hoyer.

I knew Hoyer was going to make the team as a rookie when I saw him fall on the ball and take a sack (rather than risk a turnover) after a botched snap. He isn't great, but tends not to make too many stupid decisions, which Bill puts a premium on.

And I'm sure that Hoyer's release is just to create PUP room of some kind. He's 95% certain to return.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm not even a Pats fan and am excited to see the game. Cam was just painful to watch in there. But yah, the Bucs are playing right now with the same kind of swagger the Brady Pats used to have back in the day.
    I'll be there. So amped for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I'll be there. So amped for this game.
    That is awesome (those tix are worth big $$$). I assume it will be a good game even though I think the Bucs will win in the end.

I really hope Brady gets the biggest ovation he has ever got when he walks into that stadium. Anyone that is there to boo that man is just kidding themselves.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Cam was also hot and cold when his coach kept saying words like consistency when interviewed. This move was as telegraphed as anything gets from the Hoodie.

Apparently Jones made his push for the job when Newton was in Covid protocols. So we can very much say that refusing to vaccinate cost him his job...
    Cam has been hot and cold his entire career. He never had two consecutive winning seasons and his career basically went rookie of the year breaking the QB rushing TD record and looking like a phenom, to back down to Earth, then he bounced back and had a phenomenal 2013 and his team looked like legit contenders, then he had his worst year thus far in 2014 within every metric and his team suffered, then he launched into outer space and won MVP and went to the SB and looked like he was the future of football, then he got banged up the next year and followed it up with his new worst year since entering the league, then he was a tad bit better in 2017 but not really anything to be excited about, then in 2018 he had a return to form year where he looked amazing and there was some earlier MVP chatter before Mahomes took off... then he got injured and it jeopardized the remainder of that year and caused him to sit out all 2019. Then in 2020 it looked like Belichick got a steal the first few weeks with Cam, until Cam got Covid and it basically destroyed any momentum he had.

Cam is one of the most up and down QB's in NFL history. Unfortunately for him, Belichick needs consistency and reliability to keep you around in that position. Mac came in and was more accurate, made better decisions, and didn't have the the hiccup Cam brought in training with Covid. Bill is the one coach in the league that is going to do what he thinks is best and not care about the optics and worrying about how to explain it to the media. There was really no reason to go with Cam over Mac besides the idea that you had a steady and responsible starter and Cam really isn't that. He's not the playmaker he used to be and he's not consistent or reliable. Mac was better in camp and in pre season and Cam didn't offer any compelling reason besides things he did years ago on another team to keep him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    That is awesome (those tix are worth big $$$). I assume it will be a good game even though I think the Bucs will win in the end.

I really hope Brady gets the biggest ovation he has ever got when he walks into that stadium. Anyone that is there to boo that man is just kidding themselves.
    Brady's going to get a massive ovation just from me. But that game atmosphere will be electric. I just hope it's a good game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NE also cut Hoyer.

There could be a veteran QB out there Belichick brings in to be a 2nd/3rd option. But we will see I suppose if Hoyer returns.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What is the wink and nod everyone is talking about? Is that a trick used in the NFL?
    It is an expression or a turn of phrase. It typically is seen in British media but it is when someone communicates something by saying it indirectly or using some kind of signal. Usually because something illegal or dishonest is happening.

E.g.

"We are releasing Hoyer. We wish him luck on his future endeavors," he said with a wink and a nod.

*signs Hoyer at the practice squad vet minimum during week 1 after Joe Glassneck is put on the PUP*

Sorry if I over explained.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-31-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There could be a veteran QB out there Belichick brings in to be a 2nd/3rd option. But we will see I suppose if Hoyer returns.
    People in the NE news circles have been saying Bill is waiting for Dalton to be released as a backup.

Darth Hoodie will never say it publicly (he's much smarter than that), but one reason he cut Cam was because of his being unvaccinated. Belichick doesn't want to deal with the hassle of a starting quarterback who could end up on the COVID protocol list (along with any player Newton comes in contact with) at any time. Then there's Jacksonville's Urban Meyer who allegedly said the quiet part out loud, and the player's union didn't much like it:

NFLPA conducting investigation after Urban Meyer's comments on vaccine status

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Darth Hoodie will never say it publicly (he's much smarter than that), but one reason he cut Cam was because of his being unvaccinated. Belichick doesn't want to deal with the hassle of a starting quarterback who could end up on the COVID protocol list (along with any player Newton comes in contact with) at any time. Then there's Jacksonville's Urban Meyer who allegedly said the quiet part out loud, and the player's union didn't much like it:

NFLPA conducting investigation after Urban Meyer's comments on vaccine status
    Not that I like Urban Meyer, but that's when he should tell the NFLPA to go **** themselves.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.