Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Holy s***. There was ZERO talk about this on my drive home. Nobody in AZ sportstalk thought this was coming, more than minor speculation.
    High 5 man! Get to see Watt chase down Wilson and Stafford twice a year now!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I am shocked at The Cards. I mean wernt the Browns in the running? I figure the Browns have a better shot at doing things then the Cards.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Still processing the Watt signing. I thought sure he'd end up in Buffalo which is in position to rule AFC East, or Cleveland who looks ready to overtake Pittsburgh in AFC North, or the Steelers where he'd play with his brothers. Arizona wasn't on my radar, but, the Cardinals figure to be the third best team in NFC West behind the Rams and Seahawks (no offense, WBE).
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-01-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Holy s***. There was ZERO talk about this on my drive home. Nobody in AZ sportstalk thought this was coming, more than minor speculation.
    Huge pull. A disruption like Watt is definitely going to help but that defense had a really tough 2020, gonna really be interesting what other pieces Joseph gets.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Wonder if the Watt signing means the Cards are moving off from Chandler Jones. There's been speculation amongst sports talking heads he could be a trade piece or cap casualty, this gives them the ability to let him go. Then again, if he's still got it, would make for a fearsome duo in a division that's not a powerhouse anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Wonder if the Watt signing means the Cards are moving off from Chandler Jones. There's been speculation amongst sports talking heads he could be a trade piece or cap casualty, this gives them the ability to let him go. Then again, if he's still got it, would make for a fearsome duo in a division that's not a powerhouse anymore.
    Close... it means they're not resigning Hasaan Riddick. Who in his contract year, finally delivered, so buyers beware on him. If you don't use him in exactly the way Arizona did in a 3-4 defense, he's not going to repeat the success he had in 2020.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The only question is ...what J.J Watt is the Arizona Cardinals getting in 2021 ? He's 31 but his body isn't the guy who in his 5 seasons had 74.5 sacks and hit 20 sacks a season twice in that span. Since 2016 Watt has spent more time injured and missing games. In his last 5 seasons he has 26.5 sacks. His best healthy year was 2018 (16 sacks).

If they get the monster from 2011-2015 then they will really have a great tandem with Jones and Watt. The Cardinals have to hope that is the Watt they get. Not the guy who has had injury issues and can't make it on the field.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The only question is ...what J.J Watt is the Arizona Cardinals getting in 2021 ? He's 31 but his body isn't the guy who in his 5 seasons had 74.5 sacks and hit 20 sacks a season twice in that span. Since 2016 Watt has spent more time injured and missing games. In his last 5 seasons he has 26.5 sacks. His best healthy year was 2018 (16 sacks).

If they get the monster from 2011-2015 then they will really have a great tandem with Jones and Watt. The Cardinals have to hope that is the Watt they get. Not the guy who has had injury issues and can't make it on the field.
    I mean, I'm excited for Chandler Jones rushing from one direction and freaking QBs out enough that they throw fast in Watt's direction and he snags a pick-six or two... He's great as a community guy, absolutely who you want off the field.

But realistically, his injury history scares the hell out of me. I don't like the idea that they spent that chunk of change when they're already tight under the cap on a guy who might only start half the year, and then miss any potential hypothetical playoff run. After all, we're still talking about one of the most competitive and grueling divisions in the NFL right now. A pundit could convince me that any team could make the playoffs (but make no mistake, each team has a key flaw... Seattle's O-Line and Russ' feud with them now, Jimmy G in San Fran, the Rams trying to get better at QB to take the division, AZ on the rise with Kyler...)

I mean, I'm excited for Chandler Jones rushing from one direction and freaking QBs out enough that they throw fast in Watt's direction and he snags a pick-six or two... He's great as a community guy, absolutely who you want off the field.

But realistically, his injury history scares the hell out of me. I don't like the idea that they spent that chunk of change when they're already tight under the cap on a guy who might only start half the year, and then miss any potential hypothetical playoff run. After all, we're still talking about one of the most competitive and grueling divisions in the NFL right now. A pundit could convince me that any team could make the playoffs (but make no mistake, each team has a key flaw... Seattle's O-Line and Russ' feud with them now, Jimmy G in San Fran, the Rams trying to get better at QB to take the division, AZ on the rise with Kyler...)
    Well, you guys are set in terms of QB.

The wealth of knowledge Watt can impress upon Jones and perhaps some younger guys will help. He comes in as a locker room leader.

They're going to be drafting some guys for defense. I can't help but think that this was the purpose of that signing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well if nothing else it improves the Card's chances. Certainly not a downgrade. We'll just have to see how Murray continues to develop and what other pieces (on offense specifically) that they can bring in to give them better scoring opportunities. Their defense wasn't horrible in 2020 and it just got better.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well if nothing else it improves the Card's chances. Certainly not a downgrade. We'll just have to see how Murray continues to develop and what other pieces (on offense specifically) that they can bring in to give them better scoring opportunities. Their defense wasn't horrible in 2020 and it just got better.
    They somehow got a combined 20 sacks from Hassaan Reddick and special team LB Dennis Gardeck with Chandler Jones on IR.

Like... I don't want to act like Vance Joseph is an elite DC or anything, but I can't deny that's goddamned impressive.

ESPN is reporting that the WFT has released Alex Smith, a move that has been expected but looks to be official now.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Next week is rumored to be a blood bath in terms of releases. Lots of bigger names, too.

I have also read some people saying the Cards are interested in trading for NE's Gilmore and that SEA has listened to a potential trade for Wilson for ... 3 first rounders!? My bet is it was the Bears.

Gonna be a crazy offseason ... !

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN is reporting that the WFT has released Alex Smith, a move that has been expected but looks to be official now.

-M
    Alex Smith plans to keep playing football. But he should go back to Kansas City and join Reid's staff. Its said that the Bears or Eagles could sign Smith since he knows the Reid system and be there as a backup option for a QB. But he needs to really look at life after football and becoming a coach under Andy Reid and within a couple seasons he could become a NFL head coach.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Alex Smith plans to keep playing football. But he should go back to Kansas City and join Reid's staff. Its said that the Bears or Eagles could sign Smith since he knows the Reid system and be there as a backup option for a QB. But he needs to really look at life after football and becoming a coach under Andy Reid and within a couple seasons he could become a NFL head coach.
    I'm glad Smith made a successful comeback, but man, I wish he would retire and either become a coach or join an NFL pre-game show cast. I fear he's pushing his luck after football damn near killed him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!