Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

I'm team Black Quarterback and even I don't feel Prescott's on field performance this far is worth that kind of money. He can't pull a team up and now that he's saddled with McCarthy forgetaboutit. That said, great for him. Being the QB of the Cowboys is largely ceremonial and unlike any other team in the league so this is a business decision. If the Cowboys happen (not bloody likely tbh) to make the playoffs then Jerry's in the bonus.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Ugh. Don't look forward to overpaying for a mediocre Marcus Mariota/Ryan Fitzpatrick type for my Patriots. Hope by all that's holy they move on from Cam. Not sure at 15 there's going to be a rookie worth drafting (a lot of mocks have 4, some even 5 in the top 12 before us). Between Bledsoe and Brady it's been a very, very long time since we've had a bad QB (don't count Cassel's year, anomaly). Rough, having been so spoiled. Hope we do something though, even if it's to overpay in draft capital for a brittle Jimmy G.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Mr. Rodgers would disagree with you:

As for Prescott, I was startled at the numbers in his contract, but hey, if Dallas was willing to give him all that money, more power to them, even if that doesn't guarantee Prescott will be able to help the Cowboys will break their quarter century Super Bowl drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Russell Wilson has also won a Super Bowl and made it (and lost) to a second one.

-M
    Oops! Now I feel bad that I forgot those two had won at a point in the distant past. Its a little strange that they are in the company of a Tannehill, Cousins and a Preskott, salary-wise.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Ugh. Don't look forward to overpaying for a mediocre Marcus Mariota/Ryan Fitzpatrick type for my Patriots. Hope by all that's holy they move on from Cam. Not sure at 15 there's going to be a rookie worth drafting (a lot of mocks have 4, some even 5 in the top 12 before us). Between Bledsoe and Brady it's been a very, very long time since we've had a bad QB (don't count Cassel's year, anomaly). Rough, having been so spoiled. Hope we do something though, even if it's to overpay in draft capital for a brittle Jimmy G.
    Right now its up to how the draft shakes out. New England needs offensive weapons. They need a top WR , TE and QB. If the draft shakes out they need one of those 3 to fall to them. Here is a scary deal...their leading WR was Jacobi Myers . Their former 1st rd pick K'Neal Harry has been a colossal bust. Edelman only started one game last year and turns 34 this year and seems near the end of his career (won't be shocked if he gets cut given his production in 2021).

Remember when the TE was a BIG factor in this offense at one point ? Even without Gronk the TE seemed to catch passes. Last year the leading TE only caught ...13 passes.

So the Patriots need QB , WR and TE in this draft to make an impact.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Today was tag day as the NFL debated on allowing teams more days to decide on cuts and more given the cap situation involved.

- Those getting franchise tags were listed here. Most insane was the New Orleans Saints who are $49+ million over the salary cap right now tagging a player. Its gonna take moves to get them under the cap for it to work.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-fr...randon-scherff

- The most surprising non tagged players : Aaron Jones (RB) Green Bay . Jones has in the last 2 seasons rushed for over 2,100+ yards and 25 TD's and over 800+ yards receiving. Yet the cash strapped Packers decided not to tag him.

Another player not tagged was Detroit Lions WR Kenny Golladay . Golladay is coming off a down year in 2020. But in 2018-2019 Golladay has over 2,200+ yards receiving and 16 TD's. As a deep threat he has a career 16.8 average and will be looked at in free agency.

- Tennessee released starting CB Malcolm Butler saving $10+ million in salary cap. Butler was in the middle of a huge 5 year deal he had signed with Titans and while not terrible , his big contract made him a cap casualty candidate awhile.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Right now its up to how the draft shakes out. New England needs offensive weapons. They need a top WR , TE and QB. If the draft shakes out they need one of those 3 to fall to them. Here is a scary deal...their leading WR was Jacobi Myers . Their former 1st rd pick K'Neal Harry has been a colossal bust. Edelman only started one game last year and turns 34 this year and seems near the end of his career (won't be shocked if he gets cut given his production in 2021).

Remember when the TE was a BIG factor in this offense at one point ? Even without Gronk the TE seemed to catch passes. Last year the leading TE only caught ...13 passes.

So the Patriots need QB , WR and TE in this draft to make an impact.
    While this is true (we have terrible offensive weapons) QB is the first priority. Without a good one, or even above average, it doesn't matter if we draft the best WR coming out this year or the only relevant pass-catching TE somehow falls to 15 (most mocks have him going well inside the top 10 though). QB is the only need. Also, given our history of drafting WRs I'd much rather pay for an established B or C-tier WR (like a Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Marvin Jones, Curtis Samuel, etc.) than whiff on a pick.

Meyers was better than most folk realize, he's a solid 2nd WR with good hands and ability to get open in the short field. He's not a 1, and given that Godwin and Robinson are franchise tagged I don't think we're going to get one of those so a B- or C- tier guy to be our 1 is going to have to do. Also, just because we had Gronk doesn't mean we have to spend time and draft capital endlessly trying to replace him. He was an anomaly, a freak of nature, and we will never replace him. One of my peeves with Mock Drafts is the lazy writing of "what did they lose this year/last year? Well of course they need to go out and replace that immediately. So for NE that means TE because Gronk, am I right?" No, we never do that.

I'd imagine we're much more likely to trade out of the 1st if there's no QB than to draft a TE (especially since we drafted 2 last year, just didn't have a throwing QB to take advantage of them or see if they're worthwhile). Edelman should retire, or maybe see if we can get a 3rd out of Tampa to keep Tom happy and get the band back together again. Maybe a 3rd's asking too much at this point. But I'm not factoring him into our team going forward, sad as that makes me.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's been reported that Eagles owner Jeff Lurie issued a mandate on Monday that Jalen Hurts will be the team's starter for the 2021 season, and that the coaching staff and front office needs to do everything they can to help him succeed. That genuinely surprised me, I mean, that sounded like something Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder or the late Al Davis might say. In the over two decades Lurie's owned the Eagles, he's NEVER interfered with the team to that blatant degree, publicly announcing who he wants to start, especially at quarterback, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. While Hurts showed flashes of solid play during his brief stint last season, that might've been a flash in the pan, making such a declaration could hamstring the coaching staff when it comes to evaluation, because it's not a given that Hurts can be the man going forward. As an Eagles fan, I hope Hurts can succeed, the alternative is too grisly to contemplate.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's been reported that Eagles owner Jeff Lurie issued a mandate on Monday that Jalen Hurts will be the team's starter for the 2021 season, and that the coaching staff and front office needs to do everything they can to help him succeed. That genuinely surprised me, I mean, that sounded like something Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder or the late Al Davis might say. In the over two decades Lurie's owned the Eagles, he's NEVER interfered with the team to that blatant degree, publicly announcing who he wants to start, especially at quarterback, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. While Hurts showed flashes of solid play during his brief stint last season, that might've been a flash in the pan, making such a declaration could hamstring the coaching staff when it comes to evaluation, because it's not a given that Hurts can be the man going forward. As an Eagles fan, I hope Hurts can succeed, the alternative is too grisly to contemplate.
    Philadelphia is entering the same situation KC entered into in 2018 with Pat Mahomes. Where as Mahomes impressed even the Broncos players with leading a group of backup players to a shocking win that final game against them as starters ; Mahomes was an UNKNOWN then . No one knew how well he'd do as a starter due to just 1 game and eye popping throws he made.

But whats this a terrible situation for Hurts is Philadelphia have really no WR's for Hurts right now. They let 2 of them go as they really had no impact in 2020. In fact at WR they have Greg Ward (he has a 7.9 average yards per catch ! lol) leading them in receptions with Travis Fulgham and Jalen Reagor. Fulgham could be a good #2 guy but the others aren't really what Hurts needs out there. Dallas Geodart (TE) is likely gonna be main TE as talk they wanna trade Ertz now.

So unlike KC situation where the team had Hill , Kelce , Hunt and others around Mahomes when he took over...the cupboard is bare in Philly.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Philadelphia is entering the same situation KC entered into in 2018 with Pat Mahomes. Where as Mahomes impressed even the Broncos players with leading a group of backup players to a shocking win that final game against them as starters ; Mahomes was an UNKNOWN then . No one knew how well he'd do as a starter due to just 1 game and eye popping throws he made.

But whats this a terrible situation for Hurts is Philadelphia have really no WR's for Hurts right now. They let 2 of them go as they really had no impact in 2020. In fact at WR they have Greg Ward (he has a 7.9 average yards per catch ! lol) leading them in receptions with Travis Fulgham and Jalen Reagor. Fulgham could be a good #2 guy but the others aren't really what Hurts needs out there. Dallas Geodart (TE) is likely gonna be main TE as talk they wanna trade Ertz now.

So unlike KC situation where the team had Hill , Kelce , Hunt and others around Mahomes when he took over...the cupboard is bare in Philly.
    Which is why the Birds need to use the sixth pick on a wideout like Ja'Marr Chase (LSU), Jaylen Waddle or DeVonta Smith (both Alabama), depending on who's available. If the Eagles want to help Hurts succeed, then drafting an impact skill player is an absolute must. GM Howie Roseman fucked up too many times already when it came to receivers he passed on (Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf), he's GOT to get it right this time!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lurie is an idiot then.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Lurie is an idiot then.
    They just traded away Wentz. The QB room is bare unless people believe Nate Sudfield needs more game time lol.

But they need Hurts to work after the move they just made.

They just traded away Wentz. The QB room is bare unless people believe Nate Sudfield needs more game time lol.

But they need Hurts to work after the move they just made.
    I mean by insisting Hurts be the QB, seemingly regardless of whether he turns out to be up to the job. That's idiotic to me.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It was stating the obvious on Lurie's part, so mostly harmless. In other news, Philly is the home of the Italian Stallion and has cheesesteak sammiches. Maybe Hurts needed to hear that the ownership was fully behind him.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Cooks, Brady, Cowboy's Martin, Smith, & Collins and Panther's McCaffrey & Thompson are all restructuring.

Based on today's volume of restructures, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of that this offseason.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cooks, Brady, Cowboy's Martin, Smith, & Collins and Panther's McCaffrey & Thompson are all restructuring.

Based on today's volume of restructures, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of that this offseason.
    Salary cap contracting by 8% is making a lot of teams re-evaluate players who get big slices of the pie.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.