Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I'm getting worried Dak isn't coming back to Dallas.

BANNED

On Saints and Deshaun I read somewhere (so take it for what it's worth) that they have huge cap problems and likely can't compete with a team like Miami or NY who have early picks that would translate into a quick Deshaun replacement.

As a Dolphins fan I'm all in on getting Watson. If it takes both firsts, Tua, and Howard how quick can we make it happen. Howard is an all pro in the 2nd year of his mega deal and already bitching about more money so its definitely sell high time on him. Tua is a bust who was made to look great by the NFL caliber talent around him at Bama and he never learned to how to deal with pressure or throw into tight windows. Let him sink some other team. Franchise QB's of Watson's caliber at his age never become available so he fixes our QB woes for a decade if we get him.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm getting worried Dak isn't coming back to Dallas.
    As a Dolphin fan this is actually my dream scenario even over Watson who I just mentioned. Dallas for whatever reason stupidly won't give him a contract and will probably have to franchise him again. At which point I'd love to see Miami offer offer a 1st rounder and Tua to them in a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    As a Dolphin fan this is actually my dream scenario even over Watson who I just mentioned. Dallas for whatever reason stupidly won't give him a contract and will probably have to franchise him again. At which point I'd love to see Miami offer offer a 1st rounder and Tua to them in a sign and trade.
    Watson to Jets, Dan to Dolphins.

AFC East will be beastly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One story that has came out about Stafford is the 49ers have offered 2 2nd and 2 3rd rd draft picks for Stafford. That the team will then look at moving Jimmy G if the Lions accept this deal. Also according to NFL.Com Detroit is looking to get the trade done before the Super Bowl.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    As a Patriots fan I'm most interested in seeing what we do at QB. The Cam experiment is over. Stidham isn't a thing. Deshaun is clearly going to be too costly, and we can't really compete with draft picks if the Jets are on board (and can throw in a Darnold who isn't too shabby if you don't take a QB with the #2 pick). I'd like Stafford, but how much is he going to cost? If it's just a first, or even a first and a second I could see it working. We have the cap space to sign a WR (and think his guys Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay are free agents). If it's more than that I'd say pass and take a chance somebody in the draft worth taking is there at 15. Beyond that, who comes back from Covid? Is Edelman able to return? I know the Brady era is over and I've likely seen my last Patriots Super Bowl victory (hard to complain after the last two decades, though). Still would like to see us be competitive.
    I'm really confused about just what the Patriots are going to do with their QB situation. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up totally on Stidham but given the relative lack of playing time, I don't see him ready to step up to full time starter next season. That's going to force the team to import a QB but they are definitely not going to get Watson and I really don't think they'll be able to swing a deal for Stafford either. Who's left after that that could be seen as a step up from what the team had last year? No one I'd truly be happy to see wearing a Pats jersey, that's for sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm really confused about just what the Patriots are going to do with their QB situation. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up totally on Stidham but given the relative lack of playing time, I don't see him ready to step up to full time starter next season. That's going to force the team to import a QB but they are definitely not going to get Watson and I really don't think they'll be able to swing a deal for Stafford either. Who's left after that that could be seen as a step up from what the team had last year? No one I'd truly be happy to see wearing a Pats jersey, that's for sure.
    New England may end up with Gardner Minshew. The Jaguars once they draft Lawrence will look to unload Minshew and likely will trade him for a 3rd rd pick. Minshew is worth a decent look. He's not gonna get a big draft pick. He's put up decent numbers at times in playing and if he works out is young enough to be around awhile for them. Stafford and Watson will get the big trade deals. But Minshew could be a sweet bargain deal right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Watson trade scenario I'm surprised doesn't get more talk is Jacksonville. Yes Lawrence is believed to have great potential but we already know Watson is a top 5 QB. Its a win for Jacksonville if they trade the #1 overall for Watson as Jacksonville gets a jumpstart on their rebuild especially since they already have quality receivers and a quality RB in house. Houston meanwhile is going to be full rebuild and gets to start with Lawrence.

Man, Houston is shaping up to be an absolute shitshow this offseason.

Deshaun Watson has reportedly removed "Texans" from his social media profiles while rumors are growing that JJ Watt has played his last game with the franchise. Yep, hiring that fucking idiot Jack Easterby sure is paying off for Houston.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Man, Houston is shaping up to be an absolute shitshow this offseason.

Deshaun Watson has reportedly removed "Texans" from his social media profiles while rumors are growing that JJ Watt has played his last game with the franchise. Yep, hiring that fucking idiot Jack Easterby sure is paying off for Houston.
    I cant believe how down hill things have gone for them. I mean they are quickly becoming the new Bengals as far as being a **** show with good talent.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Matt Stafford was traded to the Rams for Jared Goff, 2 future first round picks and a third rounder.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Matt Stafford was traded to the Rams for Jared Goff, 2 future first round picks and a third rounder.
    I really think the Lions came out way ahead on this. i would not think Stafford being worth all that. I need to have that guy come with me when its time to renew my lease
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Rams already overpaid Goff when they drafted him, when they resigned him, and now they're giving up whatever draft capitol they didn't already to get Jalen Ramsey. This is a "win now, we're going all in" gamble.

And babyblob is right, Detroit is cleaning up in this trade, as it's listed. They'll be able to rebuild, provided they don't draft as the Lions traditionally do, with that kind of draft capitol. They are looking at 5 first round picks in the next 3 years. That's a lot to work with.

And they're getting the 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder for a QB with an injury history who's probably got 2 years left in the league, most likely. Perhaps only 1.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Rams already overpaid Goff when they drafted him, when they resigned him, and now they're giving up whatever draft capitol they didn't already to get Jalen Ramsey. This is a "win now, we're going all in" gamble.

And babyblob is right, Detroit is cleaning up in this trade, as it's listed. They'll be able to rebuild, provided they don't draft as the Lions traditionally do, with that kind of draft capitol. They are looking at 5 first round picks in the next 3 years. That's a lot to work with.

And they're getting the 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder for a QB with an injury history who's probably got 2 years left in the league, most likely. Perhaps only 1.
    If I was a less secure person this would be my new signature

But you are on point WBE. The Lions have a chance to do something really great and start setting themselves up as a contender in the next few years. I cant remember when they have had it so good. Or heck any team for that matter. I mean this is some franchise changing stuff right here.