Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

AJ Green to the Cards!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AJ Green to the Cards!
    Wow, AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald (hopefully he comes back) in the same back field. Stinkin' Cardinals!!!!!!!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wow, AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald (hopefully he comes back) in the same back field. Stinkin' Cardinals!!!!!!!
    Nuke, Kyler, AJ, Drake or Edmonds, with Fitz and a few others ... holy $#!+ ... that team is looking killer on OFF.

DEF is looking legit, too.

Playoffs are in the cards for them.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry are reportedly moving in together. Both have been publicly pumped to be working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn, lemme get my coffee in first. This sounds real fishy from the jump- Tony Buzbee come to find out is a neighbor of Cal McNair, Watson said they came to him over a settlement first. Buzbee clearly is guy built on profile, he lost his mayoral bid 2 years ago. What ever the lawsuit alleges and it hasn't surfaced yet better be good.
    SI.com has an article with details about the assault.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

AJ Green to the Cards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I wouldn't be celebrating the signing as a HR. If anyone saw AJ Green this past season he looked old and looked like he couldn't get separation on catches (he ranked lowest or near lowest in league for that). Unless he can rebound physically he's not gonna be that guy who was pretty solid as a #1 WR.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Chiefs were deep in Trent Williams race and made a run at getting him . But the price tag was too much. But the Chiefs look to be signing guard Kyle Long (who is attempting a come back) and will look at possibly moving Thurney to possibly tackle ! That the guy can play multiple positions on the offensive line.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs were deep in Trent Williams race and made a run at getting him . But the price tag was too much. But the Chiefs look to be signing guard Kyle Long (who is attempting a come back) and will look at possibly moving Thurney to possibly tackle ! That the guy can play multiple positions on the offensive line.
    Yeah, I saw the deal Williams got from the Niners. Wow!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Apparently the Patriots brought back Kyle Van Noy late last night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I heard on CBS Sports Radio this morning (The DA Show) that the Bears offered Seattle three number #1 draft picks, a number #3 pick and two starters for Russell Wilson....and the Seahawks turned it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard on CBS Sports Radio this morning (The DA Show) that the Bears offered Seattle three number #1 draft picks, a number #3 pick and two starters for Russell Wilson....and the Seahawks turned it all down.
    From a report the Seattle GM went to Pete Carroll who told him NO. That at 69 years old Carroll does not want to go into a rebuilding situation at QB.

AJ Green to the Cards!
    I wouldn't be celebrating the signing as a HR. If anyone saw AJ Green this past season he looked old and looked like he couldn't get separation on catches (he ranked lowest or near lowest in league for that). Unless he can rebound physically he's not gonna be that guy who was pretty solid as a #1 WR.
    My feelings on this are cautious. Super-E has a point, it appears AJ Green has hit that 31 year old mark where his career will begin to be on the down slide. Though, when they're only asking him to be a #2 receiver... he might be better in that role. Factor in that AJ Green's injury history makes him scary, but also explains perhaps a lot of what went wrong with him in Cincinatti last year. He started 2020 playing for the first time in 24 games after missing the back half of 2018 and all of 2019. He might not have only been slightly out of football shape, but he had never played a down in Zac Taylor's offense, or taken a snap with his rookie QB. His targets were way down, so his numbers were way down. Cincinnatti's O-Line was garbage, so there wasn't enough time to throw to receivers. Then, Joe Burrow goes down with an injury and there's some guys who are lucky to even BE backup QBs in the league throwing, and the Bengals are mustering an average of 8 points a game.

Arizona is taking a chance here, and giving $8 million for a one year deal (likely a lot of signing bonuses and performance bonuses to reduce a cap hit) for AJ Green is a risk, but a calculated one. If it pays off, people will call Steve Keim a genius. If Green doesn't produce, people will call for his job.

However, there were reports yesterday that the Raiders were cutting three-time Pro-Bowl Center Rodney Hudson that were confusing a lot of folks, and then Arizona made the trade to upgrade their center position from Mason Cole, who looks to be better as a right guard than center, as he struggled with false starts (4) last season and was a lot of why Kyler Murray had to run out of the pocket as much as he did. This leaves the Cardinals with very little draft capital as they already traded 2021 draft picks for other players:

Round 1, pick 16 (No. 16 overall)
    Round 2, pick 17 (No. 49 overall)
    Round 5, pick 16 (No. 160 overall)
    Round 7, pick 16 (No. 242 overall)
    Round 7, pick 20 (No. 246 overall)

Their third rounder (#80) was traded to the Raiders yesterday for Hudson. Their fourth rounder (#123) was packaged with David Johnson to go to Houston in "The Heist of DeAndre Hopkins" last year. Their sixth rounder (#201) was sent to the New York Giants mid-season last year to bring Markus Golden back.

Before anybody pencils in the Cardinals as a playoff team, they still have two big holes they're likely going to have to address:
    Running Back- Don't know how much cash they have left in free agency, but they don't have the space to spend $8 million on Kenyan Drake again like they did last year to franchise tag him to keep him around. Besides that, Drake failed to reach 1,000 yards for the first time, is starting to get to the age where you see diminishing returns on RBs, and was constantly tentative about hitting the hole and opting to bail out to run towards the sidelines rather than north/south. All the word I've got is the team is looking to sign a cheaper option, and Carolina (who are committed to McCaffrey in a big financial way) cannot keep Mike Davis around. Arizona also keeps getting linked to Etienne out of Clemson in the 1st or second round of the draft. While at pick #16 might be too high to take a RB, don't be shocked if Arizona trades down a few picks in the 1st round, adds more draft capital, and takes him in the late 1st round. In either event, they still need something to get excited about in their backfield, and whoever it is needs to solve their problem on converting on 3rd and short without having to ask Kyler Murray to do it for them.
    Cornerback: Patrick Peterson just left as a free agent to Minnesota. Arizona's Top 2 corners right now are Robert Alford (who's missed 2 seasons with injuries), and Byron Murphy, who even as an ASU alum who should be beloved, is assessed by the local sports media as "a good slot corner". Peterson's abilities as a shutdown corner have slipped WAAAAY down the past two seasons, and now he's probably a #2 corner. They need a real #1 CB option, and they don't have the cash left on the cap as far as I can tell to go out and sign the top free agent corners this year (and even if they could, it's not the strongest free agent class.) While there are solid options they are rumored to be looking at in the draft at folks like Caleb Farley out of Virginia Tech or Patrick Surtain out of Alabama, those players might be gone and #16 might be too high for Arizona to take Jaycee Horn, the third best option, out of South Carolina. They will likely sign another veteran farther down at CB, but it won't be a top end free agent.

Arizona is almost guaranteed to be snagging a CB or RB at #16, and depending on what's available, don't be shocked if they move back a few picks to try and avoid reaching on a guy to fill a need. But before they get locked in as a playoff team in 2021, they definitely need to make sure they get secondary help, and can run the ball.

-WBE
    Last edited by worstblogever; 03-18-2021 at 07:02 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

From a report the Seattle GM went to Pete Carroll who told him NO. That at 69 years old Carroll does not want to go into a rebuilding situation at QB.
    Yeah, what are the chances lightning strikes twice for Seattle and they find a quarterback in the draft anywhere near as good as Wilson who's a top five passer in the league. As for Carroll, he'd probably retire before going into a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, what are the chances lightning strikes twice for Seattle and they find a quarterback in the draft anywhere near as good as Wilson who's a top five passer in the league. As for Carroll, he'd probably retire before going into a rebuild.
    The GM should've told Caroll tough shit and taken the deal.

7 players for 1!? (BTW there was a #5 pick in there too) And 5 of them you get this year??? And all but 2 of the picks are very high??? And the 2 that are not are #1s???

I would even deal TB12 for that.

You could trade some of that to get a new QB before the draft or even during and get a new young gun.

I'm gonna laugh when Wilson goes down to shite OL play this year or the next and then they deal him for some #2 picks ...

Yah, I wouldn't take that for Wilson. They'll not get another Russell Wilson even with 50 draft picks.

Nevertheless, we are likely to see some even better offers coming during or after the draft. Its going to all depend on which teams still have holes to fill afterwards.

I mean, I could see Wilson as a Bear. He's tough and fairly Bear like.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.