Page 29 of 90 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Why is CBR F**king with Team names??
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why is CBR F**king with Team names??
    I have no idea what's up with the censorship filter, but I had to "leetspeak" a bit with some numbers in lieu of letters to get that post done.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This draft will be a great time for teams NOT looking for a QB. Gonna be some high quality finagling going on for each team to be satisfied. Too bad my Rams don't even get a pick until late in the second round, but they have committed hard to the no-draft, buy now pay later plan.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Butler's play recognition is insane but his play breakup is a bit weak.

I would say he is as good PP and if he's cheaper ... I am sold!
    Butler doesn't have the physical tools to compete against the best receivers, but he can certainly help a team as the second guy, or if he has help over the top. Sadly, he is in a position where dedication and hard work don't seem to pay off like in other positions.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Looks like Sammy Watkins is signing a 1 year deal with the Ravens. 1 year $6 million, $5 million of which is guaranteed.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, after my Eagles and former head coach Doug Pederson caught all kinds of hell for throwing the 2020 season finale to lock up the sixth pick in the upcoming draft, GM Howie Roseman when and traded down six spots. Perhaps I'm stupid, but that made no sense to me, sure, the Birds picked up an extra first rounder for 2022, but what about the 2021 season? I was hoping Philly would add one of the top receivers like DeVonta Smith or TE Kyle Pitts so QB Jalen Hurts would have a much needed weapon to help him succeed, but now, those options appear gone. I just don't get it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, after my Eagles and former head coach Doug Pederson caught all kinds of hell for throwing the 2020 season finale to lock up the sixth pick in the upcoming draft, GM Howie Roseman when and traded down six spots. Perhaps I'm stupid, but that made no sense to me, sure, the Birds picked up an extra first rounder for 2022, but what about the 2021 season? I was hoping Philly would add one of the top receivers like DeVonta Smith or TE Kyle Pitts so QB Jalen Hurts would have a much needed weapon to help him succeed, but now, those options appear gone. I just don't get it.
    Its the Eagles , they just signed a man who can barely move in the pocket as a backup QB. Due to his years ago past glory.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its the Eagles , they just signed a man who can barely move in the pocket as a backup QB. Due to his years ago past glory.
    Is 2018 really "years ago"? Foles is younger the franchise QB the Rams just traded everything for. Not saying Foles is Stafford, just that he is still a good backup and a good mentor to Hurst.
    This trade for draft picks may be the GM doing his job and not letting the owners screw things up, like they did last year.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-27-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Is 2018 really "years ago"? Foles is younger the franchise QB the Rams just traded everything for. Not saying Foles is Stafford, just that he is still a good backup and a good mentor to Hurst.
    This trade for draft picks may be the GM doing his job and not letting the owners screw things up, like they did last year.
    Were talking about Philadelphia signing Joe Flacco here. I mean you don't give up a huge deal to get Foles (who i'd rather have for a couple games as backup...not an every day starter). But the Eagles had some cap issues and as discussed the owner likely doesn't want to screw up Hurts if something happens and Nick Foles rides in like a hero as it did Wentz. So he went the safe route here. Of course I feel for anyone behind that offensive line and a guy who can barely move in pocket ...yikes.

Speak of a team in complete chaos at QB....

A real funny video for sure. You have to feel for the Chicago Bears in a way. They can't get Russell Wilson and the coach just couldn't coach Trubisky at all. So they settle for the worst bridge QB to nowhere. As the Bears have no QB of the future. Plus its said next seasons draft will have no franchise QB's either.

So basically Pace (GM) and Nagy (HC) have set this franchise back at least 2 seasons with no answer at QB right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Sorry Super, I couldn't keep up with all the QB moves. Foles is still in Chicago behind Dalton I guess. You are so right about Flacco, his sell by date is long past.

Sorry Super, I couldn't keep up with all the QB moves. Foles is still in Chicago behind Dalton I guess. You are so right about Flacco, his sell by date is long past.
    Yep the QB moves have been pretty wild. Chase Daniel (aka the NFL's highest paid backup QB earner as its joked as he's earned $35 million total) just signed with Chargers. Daniel I always felt should have gotten a chance. I said it back in 2018 at 31 the NY Jets should have signed Daniel.

In fact I would have done this ...

- Signed Daniel to a 2-3 year deal as bridge QB. Draft Sam Darnold but don't throw him out there with a bad offensive line and players. Put time in building a team around ala Mahomes for a season or 2 with Daniel. Tell the owner that the investment in Darnold needs to happen with them building a roster for him to have best success. Let Daniel use his experience to help Darnold.

The problem with that scenario is it would mean the Jets didn't have an incompetent ownership and the worst Coach in the NFL, but they did.

The problem with that scenario is it would mean the Jets didn't have an incompetent ownership and the worst Coach in the NFL, but they did.
    Yes they do and they basically ignored other candidates because Peyton Manning gave Adam Gase from what is reported his recommendation to ownership. They took Manning's word over everything they had seen for some stupid reason.

I recently saw someone's profile on Twitter. They had liked a post I did and when I looked at their profile page, among the things listed was "Multi-Decade victim of the @nyjets". I burst out laughing at that one.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I recently saw someone's profile on Twitter. They had liked a post I did and when I looked at their profile page, among the things listed was "Multi-Decade victim of the @nyjets". I burst out laughing at that one.
    If people think the NY Jets is bad this last decade (since as I posted the Earth changing Kansas City Chiefs game in 2011...where both franchises seemed to change course) there are NFL Drafts from 1980's and 1990's someone posted. The NY Jets selecting a FB comically at one point and reaching for a DE as people react is the best. The passing on Dan Marino is there too in 1983. lol