Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yes they do and they basically ignored other candidates because Peyton Manning gave Adam Gase from what is reported his recommendation to ownership. They took Manning's word over everything they had seen for some stupid reason.
    I think they forgot Peyton Manning has a reputation as a bit of a prankster.

"LOL. Hey, Eli? I told them Adam Gase was a genius. AND THEY BELIEVED ME. HYUK."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL and College football news , legendary coach Howard Schnellenberger has passed. His ties in history in NFL is cemented as he was Miami's offensive coordinator in that unbeaten 1972 season. While he did have a bad coaching record in Baltimore in 1974 , he'd become known for building college football programs at Miami and Louisville. Where he won a National Championship in Miami.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL and College football news , legendary coach Howard Schnellenberger has passed. His ties in history in NFL is cemented as he was Miami's offensive coordinator in that unbeaten 1972 season. While he did have a bad coaching record in Baltimore in 1974 , he'd become known for building college football programs at Miami and Louisville. Where he won a National Championship in Miami.

And he built the Florida Atlantic University football program from scratch.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Kansas City finally dipped back into free agency and signed Jarren Reed (DT) to a 1 year deal. Reed played alongside Frank Clark in Seattle and KC wanted to improve its pass rush some.. I have said KC needs to improve offensive line and defense. But with limited cap space they have to be smart til 2022 off season to get more cap room to make moves.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Apparently, the Niners have offered a trade to NE for Jimmy G but NE counter-offered.

Before Newton was signed and those picks started being traded around, NE offered a 3 rounder for Jimmy G & a 7th rounder but SF said no, 2nd rounder and no picks from us. So the old trade was:
    - SF gets NE 3rd round 2021
    - NE gets Jimmy G, SF 7th round 2021

NE was offered recently the same trade they proposed earlier and they countered with them getting a 2nd and 6th rounder now. So the trade NE would take Jimmy G for is:
    - SF gets NE 3rd round 2021
    - NE gets Jimmy G, SF 2nd round 2021, 6th round 2022

I think Jimmy G going back to NE is a done deal now unless he goes to FA.

They could've just said no.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-29-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The 49ers would be better off keeping Jimmy G for one more year, since its clear they will be getting their QB of the future in the draft. If they opt for a rookie QB to start (!) then they are just throwing the season away.

Better to keep Jimmy G as the starter and to help train up that rookie QB. The real question is whether a deal with NE would still be on the table a year from now or not. I mean, NE seems set at QB for now, so ...

What I am really wondering with NE is if Adam Gase is going to end up there in some capacity. Belichick has always talked him up in the past. Hope it happens because I'm really not ready for an NFL without Gase in the mix somewhere to marvel at.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching the bottom crawl on ACC/ESPN saying the number of lawsuits against Deshaun Watson is now up to 19. Man, that's really gotten crazy.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-29-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Honestly the 49ers if they were gonna do this trade up for a QB of the future should have done the trade with New England sooner. Because its clear the team has little faith in Jimmy to stay healthy or be the future QB. Get rid of that salary sooner and bring in a cheaper veteran to be bridge QB. Hell they could have traded a 3rd-5th to get Minshew on the cheap a season. Or hell...Alex Smith to come in to help Wilson (who they really want) like he did Mahomes.

Now they have a QB they maybe stuck with who they don't believe in that can stay healthy. That they clearly want just 1 more season. Players are split on it as Kittle has came out for Jimmy supporting him. So they have a big situation here they caused.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Watching the bottom crawl on ACC/ESPN saying the number of lawsuits against Deshaun Watson is now up to 19. Man, that's really gotten crazy.
    One also claims that Watson is deleting Instagram messages and contacting the women "who formally provided him massages, in an attempt to settle" those cases to avoid even more lawsuits. I'll wait for the formal investigation to be completed, but things aren't looking good for Watson.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The 49ers would be better off keeping Jimmy G for one more year, since its clear they will be getting their QB of the future in the draft. If they opt for a rookie QB to start (!) then they are just throwing the season away.

Better to keep Jimmy G as the starter and to help train up that rookie QB. The real question is whether a deal with NE would still be on the table a year from now or not. I mean, NE seems set at QB for now, so ...

What I am really wondering with NE is if Adam Gase is going to end up there in some capacity. Belichick has always talked him up in the past. Hope it happens because I'm really not ready for an NFL without Gase in the mix somewhere to marvel at.
    "We'll bring him in as a consultant to get some fresh eyes in here..."

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Jim Garapa-lol is finally get his due as a half measure I see. I'd input a jab at him finally being able to return to his job in certain adult erotica but it'd be in poor taste. That's 1 for Shanny's kid imo.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

DT Danny Shelton has signed with NYG.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There's something wrong when a QB has more passes at women than passes to receivers.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There's something wrong when a QB has more passes at women than passes to receivers.
    Watson had 382 completions out of 544 attempts for 4,823 yards.

He's got a ways to go yet to make that joke work ... 24 cases now, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From what I read, none of those passes resulted in any yardage from the intended receiver.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.