Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It's getting hot for mans. 1 accuser's put her face out there now.

At best dudes a creep, at worst I feel that settlement check is just gonna get bigger.
    He lost multiple major endorsements today. He's likely going on the exemption list this year. I suspect he'll rush to a settlement assuming the state of Houston doesn't decide to proceed with criminal charges. It's an awful look now though.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He lost multiple major endorsements today. He's likely going on the exemption list this year. I suspect he'll rush to a settlement assuming the state of Houston doesn't decide to proceed with criminal charges. It's an awful look now though.
    And even if Houston decides to grant Watson his wish and trade him, no team will touch him with a ten foot pole because he probably won't be cleared to play this coming season, not to mention the PR nightmare from all those accusations hanging over his head. Dude couldn't be more radioactive right now if he spent his spring break in Chernobyl.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-08-2021 at 03:26 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And even if Houston decides to grant Watson his wish and trade him, no team will touch him with a ten foot pole because he probably won't be cleared to play this coming season, not to mention the PR nightmare from all those accusations hanging over his head. Dude couldn't be more radioactive right now if he spent his spring break in Chernobyl.
    The second worse thing about this whole story is that it is going to give the Texans the leverage to empower that scumbag Jack Easterby to assume even more control of the team and make it into a religious zealots only kind of organization.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The second worse thing about this whole story is that it is going to give the Texans the leverage to empower that scumbag Jack Easterby to assume even more control of the team and make it into a religious zealots only kind of organization.
    I can see them losing every free agent they have.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There are a lot of sites rumors wise that Aaron Rodgers at some point could end up with Raiders. At NFL.Com they discuss a possible situation that Rodgers gets traded. Elsewhere some believe in 2022 he will be cut loose by Green Bay at 38.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There are a lot of sites rumors wise that Aaron Rodgers at some point could end up with Raiders. At NFL.Com they discuss a possible situation that Rodgers gets traded. Elsewhere some believe in 2022 he will be cut loose by Green Bay at 38.
    Perhaps Rodgers will just say "Screw it!", retire and host Jeopardy full time!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Rams have defied logic on how you're supposed to stay relevant. "Build through the draft" is what has kept the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Packers relevant and in the playoffs. That's supposed to be the formula, and "trade your picks for talent to win now" is supposed to leave you screwed. It's not played out that way.
    The Rams have still been making the playoffs. And most teams build by trade at least as much as by drafting. The Rams just have had less draft picks due to a few setbacks (notably Gurley and finally parting ways with Goff). The Rams still have Donald, and he turned out to be a very good investment. And he was a draft guy, picked at 13 in 2014. They always get one or sometimes two guys through the draft that end up with longevity for the team. This year, most think they are going for defense, especially LB, which should be available in their slots.

McVay has also proven to be more than a one-trick pony, he's done quite a bit with very little for a while now. But people will still be predicting their doom and they will still be making the playoffs and maybe going farther than that for years to come. Pretty good for playing in a town where pretty much hardly anyone cares about football.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

In an era fully ending in New England ; Julian Edelman has had his contract terminated by the Patriots due to a failed physical. His knee being a big issue. Edelman's career is likely done as he turns 35 next month. If its the end Edelman did way more than anyone ever imagined as a former QB at Kent State who switched to WR in the NFL after being drafted. Where he'd become Tom Brady's next favorite target after Wes Welker.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In an era fully ending in New England ; Julian Edelman has had his contract terminated by the Patriots due to a failed physical. His knee being a big issue. Edelman's career is likely done as he turns 35 next month. If its the end Edelman did way more than anyone ever imagined as a former QB at Kent State who switched to WR in the NFL after being drafted. Where he'd become Tom Brady's next favorite target after Wes Welker.
    I read about his knee issue.

It sounded like it would be play 3-4 games, be out 4-6 games. Play 3-4 games, be out 6-8 games. Play 3-4 games, be out 8-12 ... etc.

He needs to be able to walk at age 45.

Hell of player, amazing person, HoFer in my books.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

It sounded like it would be play 3-4 games, be out 4-6 games. Play 3-4 games, be out 6-8 games. Play 3-4 games, be out 8-12 ... etc.

New England is still going to need a lot of help at WR going into this season. Nelson Aloghor and TE Hunter Henry are the only receivers they picked up. Other than that, N'Keal Harry has to stay healthy... but it's very likely at some point in the early part of the draft that they'll have to pick another WR.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

In a bygone era he would be a Hall of Fame caliber player. I think he'll get inducted in Patriots ring of honor and have his number retired though.

Brit Reid has been charged with a felony DWI stemming from the drunk driving incident that resulted in the death of a 5 year old and led to his dismissal from the Chiefs just before the Super Bowl. He faces a maximum sentence of 7 years in prison if convicted.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

As an update on Edelman he just announced his retirement. So he called it a career just now.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    New England is still going to need a lot of help at WR going into this season. Nelson Aloghor and TE Hunter Henry are the only receivers they picked up. Other than that, N'Keal Harry has to stay healthy... but it's very likely at some point in the early part of the draft that they'll have to pick another WR.
    They got Bourne and Smith, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In a bygone era he would be a Hall of Fame caliber player. I think he'll get inducted in Patriots ring of honor and have his number retired though.
    Edelman finishes his career with 118 postseason receptions, second only to Jerry Rice. Will that be enough to get Edelman into Canton? Who can say.