Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Edelman finishes his career with 118 postseason receptions, second only to Jerry Rice. Will that be enough to get Edelman into Canton? Who can say.
    Yeah I mean they have voted in players with short careers as we have seen. Like in 1998 the Hall of Fame inducted Dwight Stephenson of the Dolphins (Center) after a great 7 season career where he dominated on offensive line. His career was cut short due to knee injury.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Nuff respect to Julian Edelman, dude always seemed to rock out special in the Superbowl, like it was scripted or some ****. I've never screamed so hard any of the Superbowl opposing defenses, especially that Falcon's one, to 'SOMEBODY CHECK THAT MUTHFUCKA!!", as when he was marching down the middle of the field, catch after clutch catch . I liked Wes Welker too, it's Brady and Gronk I don't deal with. Dude was a problem, likely the most proficient offensive weapon Brady ever had, guy like that I hope wouldn't keep taking bites out of the apple. For what? I agree, he's not gonna want a hitch in his walk in 5 or 10 years, probably the best decision.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Edelman has 7 of the top 50 catches in the playoffs according to the current NFL list. Next closest players have 3.

20+ coaches said they had an Edelman playbook that matched their TB12 playbook in size.

Edelman threw a TD, caught a TD, ran for a TD, returned for a TD, and played CB with 4 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 PDs, and a tip that was was nearly an INT in the 2011 Super Bowl run up.

I dunno but to me ... That is Mr. Clutch right there.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Edelman has 7 of the top 50 catches in the playoffs according to the current NFL list. Next closest players have 3.

20+ coaches said they had an Edelman playbook that matched their TB12 playbook in size.

Edelman threw a TD, caught a TD, ran for a TD, returned for a TD, and played CB with 4 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 PDs, and a tip that was was nearly an INT in the 2011 Super Bowl run up.

I dunno but to me ... That is Mr. Clutch right there.

If Lynn Swann is a HOF wide receiver when he's just got like two highlight reel receptions in the postseason in a short career...

Edelman should be at least considered. At least.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Lynn Swann is a HOF wide receiver when he's just got like two highlight reel receptions in the postseason in a short career...

Edelman should be at least considered. At least.
    I agree. He could well have the stats to get him in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Edelman has all those Post Season stats because of Belechek and Brady. He was good, but never near the best in the league. Look to his season stats and see he was a limited WR. He has 6,000 total receiving yards, that is not even in the top 50 all time. (Rice at #1 has 22,000) Being on a team that always goes to the playoffs should not be a reason to get into the HOF.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Edelman has all those Post Season stats because of Belechek and Brady. He was good, but never near the best in the league. Look to his season stats and see he was a limited WR. He has 6,000 total receiving yards, that is not even in the top 50 all time. (Rice at #1 has 22,000) Being on a team that always goes to the playoffs should not be a reason to get into the HOF.
    How many players have thrown a TD, caught a TD, ran for a TD, and returned for a TD in the same season as well as the playoffs?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And even if Houston decides to grant Watson his wish and trade him, no team will touch him with a ten foot pole because he probably won't be cleared to play this coming season, not to mention the PR nightmare from all those accusations hanging over his head. Dude couldn't be more radioactive right now if he spent his spring break in Chernobyl.
    I don't disagree with you on how toxic Watson is right now.

However, I don't see Houston being ever desperate enough to outright release him. Also, he's one supremely gifted QB & most teams are desperate for a Top 5 QB. If Houston just wants to divest itself of this clown-show & the price is hard to refuse--I'll bet someone will take him on.

How many players have thrown a TD, caught a TD, ran for a TD, and returned for a TD in the same season as well as the playoffs?
    Except for the throwing, which is a trick play that isn't used much, I would say dozens have caught, run and returned and hundreds have caught and run. His overall regular season numbers just don't add up to HOF. If he wasn't on the Pats, this wouldn't even be considered.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The only way Houston outright releases Watson is if he's found guilty of these crimes and women take it fully into court that way or he throws out settlements to not go into court. Its admitting guilt and no way would a NFL team or NFL condone this right now. Not with ME TOO movement.

As far as Edelman goes if he gets a Hall of Fame nod it will be for his work in post season and how important he was to Brady then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Swann is much, much higher skilled than Edelman and is in the Hall for very good reasons - he was not a system wideout like Edelman. The only reason to lump a guy like Swann with Edelman is that Swann was underrated due to being overshadowed by the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw. Edelman benefited way more from Brady and Belichick than Swann ever benefited from Bradshaw or Noll.

I just don't think Edelman should get in.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-13-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Swann is much, much higher skilled than Edelman and is in the Hall for very good reasons - he was not a system wideout like Edelman. The only reason to lump a guy like Swann with Edelman is that Swann was underrated due to being overshadowed by the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw. Edelman benefited way more from Brady and Belichick than Swann ever benefited from Bradshaw or Noll.

I just don't think Edelman should get in.
    Between his 6000+ REC yards, nearly 2000+ punt return yards, and little over 2000 yards of combined rushing/passing/DEF yards ... can you name another player with 10k+ utility yards? Because in the scheme of things, that sounds very unique (Sanders according to Pro Football reference is the only other player with REC/RTY/KRTY/CAR/INT/PASS yards over 2000 and he is also WAY over 10K combined utility yards).

I dunno but that is pretty crazy if you ask me. I had no idea about that with Edelman. Prime Time I could see that (I had no idea he threw a completed pass!?) ...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The only way Houston outright releases Watson is if he's found guilty of these crimes and women take it fully into court that way or he throws out settlements to not go into court. Its admitting guilt and no way would a NFL team or NFL condone this right now. Not with ME TOO movement.
    There is also the possibility of cap space. New England fired Antonio Brown too fast and got stuck paying his entire salary as a result. Had they waited a few days much of that money would have been recoverable. Of course, this would be accusing Houston of making a good financial decision, so that might not be the reason after all....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Between his 6000+ REC yards, nearly 2000+ punt return yards, and little over 2000 yards of combined rushing/passing/DEF yards ... can you name another player with 10k+ utility yards? Because in the scheme of things, that sounds very unique (Sanders according to Pro Football reference is the only other player with REC/RTY/KRTY/CAR/INT/PASS yards over 2000 and he is also WAY over 10K combined utility yards).

I dunno but that is pretty crazy if you ask me. I had no idea about that with Edelman. Prime Time I could see that (I had no idea he threw a completed pass!?) ...
    Those are not HOF numbers. He is #39 all time in punt returns and #156 all time receiving yards. People are only talking about him because he was in so many playoff games. And he was a slot receiver, not an all around threat. Belechek and Brady did it with him and without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It isn't and though I love the guy, he's not HOF material in my opinion. Unless we are talking about the Patriots Hall of Fame.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.