Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

If Mac Jones goes #3 by the 49er's he will join Daniel Jones in the Make Quarterbacking Great Again club.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert that LB Sean Lee of the Cowboys retired after 11 seasons. He was a darn good player but seemingly could never stay healthy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We could see perhaps another BIG TRADE ...after the draft in June 1st. The talk is Atlanta Falcons are looking at offers from teams for Julio Jones. The great Falcons WR and 7 time Pro Bowler had an injury plagued season and is 32. The team could be looking at moving him on due to his big salary cap hit and rebuilding ahead. Falcons owner Arthur Blank has said he will not stop the new regime from trading any player and that includes Jones.

Jones would be a shock as the 32 year old has 13,000+ career receiving/rushing yards on his body. And is trying to come off a down year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Everyone's looking at what the 49ers might do at pick #3...

Are we sure the Jets aren't going to do something dumb at #2 like they always do when everyone and their uncle is predicting they take Zack Wilson? I know, I know, they almost definitely will take a QB, because why else would they have traded Sam Darnold to the Panthers, but...

It's still the Jets. They could "steal" Mac Jones or Justin Fields from the 49ers and blow up everyone's draft plans and send their fan base into a meltdown like they have so many April afternoons through the years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Everyone's looking at what the 49ers might do at pick #3...

Are we sure the Jets aren't going to do something dumb at #2 like they always do when everyone and their uncle is predicting they take Zack Wilson? I know, I know, they almost definitely will take a QB, because why else would they have traded Sam Darnold to the Panthers, but...

It's still the Jets. They could "steal" Mac Jones or Justin Fields from the 49ers and blow up everyone's draft plans and send their fan base into a meltdown like they have so many April afternoons through the years.
    One would hope new head coach Robert Saleh has brought stability to the organization, or, at the very least, keep the Jets from doing stupid stuff on draft night like in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We could see perhaps another BIG TRADE ...after the draft in June 1st. The talk is Atlanta Falcons are looking at offers from teams for Julio Jones. The great Falcons WR and 7 time Pro Bowler had an injury plagued season and is 32. The team could be looking at moving him on due to his big salary cap hit and rebuilding ahead. Falcons owner Arthur Blank has said he will not stop the new regime from trading any player and that includes Jones.

Jones would be a shock as the 32 year old has 13,000+ career receiving/rushing yards on his body. And is trying to come off a down year.
    Where even could Jones go with his cap number? His number is $23M but it looks like it MIGHT be $15M if traded.

That leaves him with the Jags, Broncos, Jets depending on who they unload.

If it's a $15M trade w/o people, then it is over half the league.

Where does he fit best? Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Colts, Browns seem like good fits. Bengals maybe? Cards?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Where even could Jones go with his cap number? His number is $23M but it looks like it MIGHT be $15M if traded.

That leaves him with the Jags, Broncos, Jets depending on who they unload.

If it's a $15M trade w/o people, then it is over half the league.

Where does he fit best? Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Colts, Browns seem like good fits. Bengals maybe? Cards?
    One would think Jones has his eye on being traded to a contender and shoot for a Super Bowl ring. But, does he have control over where he'd go, given his cap number?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I won't link the video due to how sadly Steve McMichael looks now. While I never was a big wrestling fan of his ; as a football player Mongo was a beast at DT. He now is battling ALS and has lost feelings in his one hand and the other is getting weak. He also can barely walk and he detailed his wife is caring for him. This all started as Mongo claims where he noticed while golfing he was losing power in his swing.

Then he couldn't open a bottle with his hand and he knew something was wrong. So sad to watch in video.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Would the Chiefs really consider Jones at that cap hit? I guess he could replace Watkins. But I think Jones will likely go to the Chargers.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I won't link the video due to how sadly Steve McMichael looks now. While I never was a big wrestling fan of his ; as a football player Mongo was a beast at DT. He now is battling ALS and has lost feelings in his one hand and the other is getting weak. He also can barely walk and he detailed his wife is caring for him. This all started as Mongo claims where he noticed while golfing he was losing power in his swing.

Then he couldn't open a bottle with his hand and he knew something was wrong. So sad to watch in video.
    What's interesting is I remember an appearance of his in some documentary or something (maybe a celebration of the Super Bowl team) where he talked about he didn't have any issues at all. It was a few years ago so obviously things can change but it makes the comments he made more poignant now.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    One would think Jones has his eye on being traded to a contender and shoot for a Super Bowl ring. But, does he have control over where he'd go, given his cap number?
    Indeed. You almost have to unload a vet to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Would the Chiefs really consider Jones at that cap hit? I guess he could replace Watkins. But I think Jones will likely go to the Chargers.
    Chargers would awesome. Herbert to Julio. They got a solid back now. Too bad Henry left.

Cards might be a good fit, too?

I just can't see the Chiefs pulling it off without giving away a piece or 2 at this point. They don't have the room for another few years for a super star contract.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-26-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

So it seems the 49ers are either gonna take Mac Jones or Trey Lance. Almost everyone feels the draft pick will be Jones as most agree that the 3rd best QB is really Justin Fields. But the 49ers are going with someone who can fit the system best with Shanahan. According to reports the Patriots are now working on trying to trade into top #10 to get Justin Fields now.
    I hope this is true, I don't follow college football very much but reading up on QBs this offseason (my Patriots' most glaring need) I see Fields as either the 2nd or 3rd best QB. I just don't see us putting together the assets needed to go down and get him, and honestly don't believe it's possible he slips past the Broncos to 10. I don't know why the 49ers would smokescreen to say anything different when they have their choice after the first two though, no upside for them I can see. My hope is we can work out a reasonable deal to move to the Lions spot at 7, but still going to cost a lot. If not, I say wait and hope Mills/Mond/Trask are there at 46 and take best player available at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that LB Sean Lee of the Cowboys retired after 11 seasons. He was a darn good player but seemingly could never stay healthy.
    Honestly thought he had already retired, and good on him. Hate to see someone struggling with injury that often. Hope he gets better.

I'd move him. They're in rebuild, if you can get something of significance now for an aging but still very valuable asset it's a win-win.

Indeed. You almost have to unload a vet to get him.

Chargers would awesome. Herbert to Julio. They got a solid back now. Too bad Henry left.

Cards might be a good fit, too?
    My understanding of Arizona's cap space for this season would be, "Probably not" and what their cap space will be for 2022 would be, "definitely not". They can't afford three current/former Pro Bowl WRs. Like, even if Fitzgerald retires or signs somewhere else. They just can't. And they don't have draft picks to get that done.

If they trade for anything, it should be a cornerback to play with Malcolm Butler.

Julio will be dealt after the draft because his cap hit will only be $7.7M with $7M dead. If he goes during or before the draft, it will be $23M with about $15M dead.

So he goes after draft.

Apparently ... APPARENTLY ...

Colts, Jets, Patriots, Packers, Bears have already called ATL.

Julio will be dealt after the draft because his cap hit will only be $7.7M with $7M dead. If he goes during or before the draft, it will be $23M with about $15M dead.

So he goes after draft.

Apparently ... APPARENTLY ...

Colts, Jets, Patriots, Packers, Bears have already called ATL.
    Aaron Rodgers needs more than one reliable target... that could get scary with Adams and Jones.