Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Julio will be dealt after the draft because his cap hit will only be $7.7M with $7M dead. If he goes during or before the draft, it will be $23M with about $15M dead.

So he goes after draft.

Apparently ... APPARENTLY ...

Colts, Jets, Patriots, Packers, Bears have already called ATL.
    I'm sure there will be a feeding frenzy for Julio. I'd be highly interested in seeing Jones in Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers would LOVE having him as a weapon.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It would shock me if Kansas City gets involved in this. I mean its one thing to trade a 1st rd pick this year for a all-pro LT who could if he plays like he did last season , be a decade type starter in KC. Its another for Veach and Reid to send a 1st for a 32 year old WR who was injured last year at times. I'm sure no one would want a Chiefs offense of Tyreek Hill , Julio Jones , Travis Kelce , and Mecole Hardman out there. But the big question marks is salary cap for KC as well. The Chiefs had a finite amount of cap room this season to work with and the next 2 seasons have 2 big players to extend in Hill and Brown Jr now.

So bringing in another star sounds awesome but the deal itself is doubtful. KC likely won't trade a 1st rd pick or starter. Unless they take a 2nd and Jones pushes to go to KC (Which any WR with common sense would given he'd have Mahomes throwing to em and a hot contending team n offense) then it won't happen. I mean I could hope but I don't see it going down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm sure there will be a feeding frenzy for Julio. I'd be highly interested in seeing Jones in Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers would LOVE having him as a weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It would shock me if Kansas City gets involved in this. I mean its one thing to trade a 1st rd pick this year for a all-pro LT who could if he plays like he did last season , be a decade type starter in KC. Its another for Veach and Reid to send a 1st for a 32 year old WR who was injured last year at times. I'm sure no one would want a Chiefs offense of Tyreek Hill , Julio Jones , Travis Kelce , and Mecole Hardman out there. But the big question marks is salary cap for KC as well. The Chiefs had a finite amount of cap room this season to work with and the next 2 seasons have 2 big players to extend in Hill and Brown Jr now.

So bringing in another star sounds awesome but the deal itself is doubtful. KC likely won't trade a 1st rd pick or starter. Unless they take a 2nd and Jones pushes to go to KC (Which any WR with common sense would given he'd have Mahomes throwing to em and a hot contending team n offense) then it won't happen. I mean I could hope but I don't see it going down.
    As of this morning, there is now a "too numerous to name" amount of teams, "even the Chiefs and Bucs" are in.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

As of this morning, there is now a "too numerous to name" amount of teams, "even the Chiefs and Bucs" are in.
    Tampa, eh? Lemme guess, Tom Brady campaigned for Jones because he wants any many shiny toys as he can get his hands on.

Tampa, eh? Lemme guess, Tom Brady campaigned for Jones because he wants any many shiny toys as he can get his hands on.
    Who wouldn't want Julio? Can you imagine him on the Eagles?

He will pretty much turn any team into a contender.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It really speaks to the respect everyone has for Jones. Even with his injuries, he's better than most WRs out there. But trading him to the Bucs? Lol thats like letting TB12 beat Atlanta again in a second Super Bowl. It makes no sense for ATL to trade Jones in division like that.

What would be funny is if Jones went to the Patriots. They have the cap space!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It really speaks to the respect everyone has for Jones. Even with his injuries, he's better than most WRs out there. But trading him to the Bucs? Lol thats like letting TB12 beat Atlanta again in a second Super Bowl. It makes no sense for ATL to trade Jones in division like that.

What would be funny is if Jones went to the Patriots. They have the cap space!
    Allegedly, the 4 super serious teams are the Packers, Ravens, Colts, & the Patriots with 2 dark horse teams being the 49ers and Jets.

It is being reported that the Packers and Patriots are being the most aggressive about it.

The Ravens, Jets, and Patriots have the most capitol to make this move right now.

I dunno ... Rodgers to Jones would be akin to Brady to Moss.

But Wentz with Jones would also be spectacular. I bet Pittman would give his 11 over.

Wilson to Jones could really give that kid a career!

The ATL talking heads are convinced Jones ain't moving. Ever.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-27-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Geno Hayes has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

If we (Patriots fan here) were going to do it, and I don't know in a rebuild year if it's the smart move, but if we were going to do it and we'd decided we weren't going to extend Stephon Gilmore (which we absolutely should do if we can afford to) I could see a straight up swap of players, maybe with some picks involved (their 7th for our 5th next year or something along those lines).

Who wouldn't want Julio? Can you imagine him on the Eagles?

He will pretty much turn any team into a contender.
    I try not to entertain pipe dreams when it comes to my Eagles. That often ends in disappointment.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Teddy Bridgewater was traded to Denver for a SIXTH round draft pick.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Teddy Bridgewater was traded to Denver for a SIXTH round draft pick.
    Its said that Bridgewater will be competing against Lock for the starting job. Denver has agreed to pick up $7 million of his salary next season. The Broncos search for a QB continues....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Literally was coming in to say this.

Teddy or Lock starts?

6th round? Sounds like they just wanted cap space and want a less expensive back up to Darnold.
    I think Teddy is better than Lock.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Literally was coming in to say this.

Teddy or Lock starts?
    I think Teddy wins the job. If Denver was fully sold on Lock, they wouldn't have traded for Bridgewater.