Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If your Carolina your really gambling on Sam Darnold to rebound his career after this trade. While Bridgewater wasn't perfect in Carolina and really didn't set himself up as a long term option as we saw ; he did set career highs in 15 starts for passing yards , TDs (ok it was only 15 and a reason why he was traded...but its career high for him) and QB rating at 92+.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Literally was coming in to say this.

Teddy or Lock starts?
    (dad joke inc)

Ironically, Teddy is a Lock to start.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    (dad joke inc)

*groan*

However, I did chuckle.

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    (dad joke inc)

I saw what you did there!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

As a Patriots fan, hope this means both teams at best use a 2nd rounder on the Mond/Mills/Trask crowd of QBs and choose to go best player available at 8 and 9. Maybe my hopes of Fields to the Pats might come true. I'd roll the dice on Lance as well. After that Nobama Halloween costume though, would rather not have Mac Jones. Hard enough reconciling the friendships of BB and Brady to Trump and enjoying my team's success, would rather not have to do it again with someone who might be the face of the franchise for 10-15 (20?) years.

There are people pushing for 49ers to select Lance or Fields. But the biggest issue to me is ...the whole , I need a QB to fit my system. I can't adapt some of my system to fit a QB I draft mind set Kyle Shanahan is on. That he can't possibly adapt his system to some changes for Fields so he has to take Mac Jones. Its possibly why the 49ers haven't went farther and yes I know injuries played a big factor last year.

But right now Andy Reid is showing if you draft a QB who doesn't fit the system , adapt some of what he did in college to make him work. A number of Texas Tech football concepts are now used by Reid in his west coast and its made Mahomes transition work very well. Plus its not like they expect even Jones to start 1st season as they hope Jimmy can stay healthy for year. (a big hope...i know).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Teddy Bridgewater was traded to Denver for a SIXTH round draft pick.
    That's kind of a bargain for Denver. Like, I don't think Teddy is Pro Bowl level or anything, but to get an effective starter at QB, at least, for a 6th rounder is solid.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That's kind of a bargain for Denver. Like, I don't think Teddy is Pro Bowl level or anything, but to get an effective starter at QB, at least, for a 6th rounder is solid.
    Even a quality backup for a 6th is a pretty good value. Insurance is always nice to have.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even a quality backup for a 6th is a pretty good value. Insurance is always nice to have.
    Indeed. Nick Foles was a recent example of the importance of having a good backup quarterback.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Merry Draftmas to all. May the NCAA feeder system supply all of your teams needs. Unless I hate your team, then may you trade back and end up with 2 Jamarcus Russells and a pair of Ryan Leafs. I'm holding on to this little entertainment nugget tight through the weekend. I've burned through all the D+ and HBO Max streaming option shows and movies I was diggin on. Haven't seen much NBA at all this season, I got nuthin after round 7. Dance a good jig Goddell.

Chris Ballard is pretty good at this draft thing, I've been impressed. Just signed the 5th year on Nelson, first player since Barry Sanders to receive 3 straight first-team All-Pro selections. 6 picks and the need is LT and just to me another WR. Edge rusher is the song everyone sings but that's not a position EVERY team just has. All those years having gotten fat with Freeney and Mathis you were going to have a dearth at some point. Having to manufacture some pressures until the time is right and one falls to you is all you can do. Especially when you still might not chase down, Lamar Jackson, the Bills QB (spaced his name) and Mahomes. It definitely is more of a need than a want but they're just so hard to pin down when you pick so late. That front group Tampa built took a few years to pin down, idk.

Also anybody looking to see a team botch things? Probably won't happen as bad as when the clock ran out on the Vikings but I'm gonna be checking for what Chicago and of course the JEST for S's and G's.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There are people pushing for 49ers to select Lance or Fields. But the biggest issue to me is ...the whole , I need a QB to fit my system. I can't adapt some of my system to fit a QB I draft mind set Kyle Shanahan is on. That he can't possibly adapt his system to some changes for Fields so he has to take Mac Jones. Its possibly why the 49ers haven't went farther and yes I know injuries played a big factor last year.

But right now Andy Reid is showing if you draft a QB who doesn't fit the system , adapt some of what he did in college to make him work. A number of Texas Tech football concepts are now used by Reid in his west coast and its made Mahomes transition work very well. Plus its not like they expect even Jones to start 1st season as they hope Jimmy can stay healthy for year. (a big hope...i know).
    Frankly, there is only one Andy Reid. But Mahomes is a very special kid with an amazing skillset and attitude. Kind of a perfect storm there in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Tampa, eh? Lemme guess, Tom Brady campaigned for Jones because he wants any many shiny toys as he can get his hands on.
    Well Tampa did just resign Antonio Brown to a 1 year deal because Brady wanted them to, making it all 22 starters from last year's team returning.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well Tampa did just resign Antonio Brown to a 1 year deal because Brady wanted them to, making it all 22 starters from last year's team returning.

-M
    I think NE is the only other winning SB team post 2000 to do this and they only managed to make it happen twice.

Champa Bay, indeed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Tim Tebow returning - potentially - as a Tight End for the Jags.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021...nd-urban-meyer

"Will we see a reunion of Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer in Jacksonville this season? Well, there’s a chance, as Tebow worked out for the Jacksonville Jaguars recently, per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. The kicker is, he worked out as a tight end. The quarterback turned minor league baseball player is now making another turn, this time as a tight end."

Personally I think he should stay away from the game. Its been a long time since he played and the NFL and its fans weren't exactly kind to him. It really does seem from what he has previously said that he wants to be a QB more than anything else. Is J-ville really this desperate, or do they really see him as a future talent at the position?
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-29-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Sadly I'll be working during the NFL Draft tonight. I'll just have to stay up on news on who gets selected and where. I really miss doing draft and this one should be historic where the QB's go draft wise.