Page 49 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He was posting DB times and doing DB drills as a lineman.

He is going to be an absolute nightmare on the field!
    Paye is who I wanted. If he fell too much further, I would have wanted to trade up. I think he's going to be very good at the Pro level.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've heard some teams were scared off Smith because he's slight, weighing only 175 pounds (his nickname is "The Slim Reaper"), which I consider a stupid rationale. I mean, it's not like the kid can't bulk up in the pros, Marvin Harrison was only 185 in his prime, and he had a pretty darn good career, ending up in Canton. But, hey, I'm glad teams chose to pass on Smith and he landed here in Philly.
    I have been reading that they like Waddle because he is amazingly fast. Like the fasted player they have ever seen. But I am sure in the right offense both Waddle and Smith would be good. Depends on Hurts and Tua.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

QB thoughts ....

- Trevor Lawrence : The Weight of Jacksonville falls on Lawrence now. The team as NFL.Com brought up hasn't had an elite QB since Mark Brunell. You have to wonder how Urban Meyer's system will work in NFL and can he handle not just being a new NFL coach ...but coaching a rookie QB in the league as well ?

- Zach Wilson : I said it weeks ago , Wilson could be the most dangerous QB in draft as he plays nearly like Pat Mahomes. He can throw the ball anywhere on the field and his pro day is what propelled him way up to NY Jets eyes. I also said the Jets need to have a team around Wilson to not fall into what hurt them the last decade with QB's like Geno Smith and Sam Darnold. They seemed to get message on draft night and traded back in and got an elite guard to beef up offensive line for their new star QB.

- Trey Lance : A day or 2 ago I said that the 49ers needed to stop trying to draft QB's who aren't as talented and thinking they fit a system over the talented ones there like...Justin Fields. It seems that the 49ers realized that message as Lance is just way more mobile than Jones. He can make things happen outside the pocket in bootlegs and run as well. While I thought they'd draft Fields ; the team saw Lance's skill set and knew he was more ready to start. Lance looks good and the clock is ticking on Jimmy in 2021.

- Justin Fields : If this was any other team Fields would legit have a chance. But this is a Chicago team that literally didn't help Trubisky at times and Nagy as people broke down his play calling etc ...showed someone who kept trying to force a young QB to adapt to his system. Instead of trying to shift the system to more what Trubisky could do. Fields will need some time on bench to watch and grow of course but the same was said of Trubisky and the Bears forced him out early. So the team could do the same with Fields and repeat the same deal lol.

- Mac Jones : The Patriots fans are already calling Jones "Brady version 2" not realizing they maybe dooming Jones already. Ask the Colts who deemed Andrew Luck the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning. And how well that worked out ? Jones isn't big mobile but can throw and already is saying the right things. That he wanted to be in New England etc. I fully expect Jones will be starting within a couple weeks this season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have been reading that they like Waddle because he is amazingly fast. Like the fasted player they have ever seen. But I am sure in the right offense both Waddle and Smith would be good. Depends on Hurts and Tua.
    I could be wrong, but I think there might be more pressure on Tua to succeed after Miami enjoyed some success last season and are seen as an up and coming team. Meanwhile, my Eagles are pretty much in rebuilding mode, so, not that much will be expected from Hurts, at least not from outside Philly anyway.

As for other views on the first round, I was surprised the Bengals passed on top offensive lineman Penei Sewell to help keep Joe Burrow upright, going with his LSU teammate WR Ja'Marr Chase instead.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I could be wrong, but I think there might be more pressure on Tua to succeed after Miami enjoyed some success last season and are seen as an up and coming team. Meanwhile, my Eagles are pretty much in rebuilding mode, so, not that much will be expected from Hurts, at least not from outside Philly anyway.

As for other views on the first round, I was surprised the Bengals passed on top offensive lineman Penei Sewell to help keep Joe Burrow upright, going with his LSU teammate WR Ja'Marr Chase instead.
    I agree that there is pressure on Tua and Flores for a good year. I was hoping they would pass on Chase so Miami could get him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Mac Jones : The Patriots fans are already calling Jones "Brady version 2" not realizing they maybe dooming Jones already. Ask the Colts who deemed Andrew Luck the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning. And how well that worked out ? Jones isn't big mobile but can throw and already is saying the right things. That he wanted to be in New England etc. I fully expect Jones will be starting within a couple weeks this season.
    Luck could have been the second coming of Peyton, but the Colts couldn't protect him.

QB thoughts ....

That's not an apt comparison, at all, I am a Colts fan and not a single person in my wide circle of Colts fan live and/or on-line referred to him as the 2nd coming of 18. They did different things physically, were different personalities and came across the timeline under different regimes. Luck was way more of an athlete and had a bigger arm than Manning. 18 was an offensive conductor and Luck was football player at QB. Luck was very good and took this team a step farther everyseason as soon as he got there, something 18 didn't do out of the gate. WE were expecting a dynamic QB we'd hope to have for years and by and large we got that. Behind Harbaugh for sentimental reasons, Luck is my favorite Colts QB of all time. Manning imo was in the top 3 most prolific NFL players at his position of all time.

IF Brady fans are saying anything about similarities between Jones and Tom then likely their style of play might seem similar and they both got drafted by Bill. Patriots fans think a lot of things, 2 of note that Jimmy G is any good and that he was so good Hoodie somehow mistakenly let him go and held out he might return. 2- that Stidham would take Cam's job and btw I think Cam will have some surprises with a full off-season and more familiarity sans Covid as the QB of the Patriots. Jones might not even play this year.

He was posting DB times and doing DB drills as a lineman.

He is going to be an absolute nightmare on the field!
    I thought for sure LT would be the pick but that dude can get after it. His role will be more specialized in the pros but we have to chance Henry and he can do that AND he's dropped into coverage at times... 3 down guy if we need, not a big Michigan fan especially on defense but he'll get that specialized coaching here. Dude's a bull of a young guy. I like it a lot, plus we don't have Justin Houston anymore. Colts being such a monster on defense is still something as a long time fan I'm getting used to, love it though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

- Zach Wilson : I said it weeks ago , Wilson could be the most dangerous QB in draft as he plays nearly like Pat Mahomes. He can throw the ball anywhere on the field and his pro day is what propelled him way up to NY Jets eyes. I also said the Jets need to have a team around Wilson to not fall into what hurt them the last decade with QB's like Geno Smith and Sam Darnold. They seemed to get message on draft night and traded back in and got an elite guard to beef up offensive line for their new star QB.
    I think Wilson has an incredible amount of potential. The ball is really in the Jets court to make sure that he can develop that potential. The are still a team bereft of top level talent, but they are better today than they were yesterday, so we'll see. The Jets are perennially a poorly run franchise, so it will be interesting to see if they can avoid those classic pitfalls. But if the Bills and Browns can right the ship, there's no reason to believe the Jets cannot.

BANNED

My team f##ked up. We should have been aggressive and gone down to get Fields, but we sat tight and ended up with a QB that people have said is essentially the next Andy Dalton. Of the possibilities (Lance/Fields/Jimmy G/2nd rounder like Mills/Mond/Trask/Mac Jones) Jones would have been my last choice, given the pick needed and the talent ceiling and as I shared with the picture his politics. But I suppose they've done what I wouldn't have thought possible when I heard we re-signed him, because now I'll be rooting hard for Cam to succeed. I'm hoping for O-line or one of the WRs who fell here in the 2nd, but I'll be pretty happy if we draft Asante Samuel Jr.

I haven't talked to any Patriots fans outside of those who agree Mac Jones was the worst of the 5 options in the 1st, but I'm sure some have high hopes. I wouldn't have even put Trevor Lawrence at that level though, nobody coming into the league is going to compare to the GOAT and we should just be happy we got to see it for two decades and lower our expectations significantly going forward. That said, it would have been nice to get a QB I could root for. Fields was so damn close. Stings.

There is talk NE is going to snag a QB in R2.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Why would they do that? They have Jones?

Arizona needed a CB, badly.

Take Zaven Collins at #16, a guy they could have had if they'd traded down ten picks. Left Caleb Farley on the board because they were scared of his injury history. Newsome, out of Northwestern would have been available had they traded down 5-10 picks with someone.

All for a MLB who's going to be the likely replacement to Jordan Hicks, and play alongside Isiah Simmons, last year's #6 pick.

Cardinals had better look at corner in Round 2 today, or they're f***ed.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, that doesn't make a lick of sense. That would be a wasted pick.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

The only way I could see it is if we were flipping Mac Jones and packaging picks to go out and get Rodgers for a few years and make another run before BB hangs it up. That's pie-in-the-sky, and even though I'd much, much rather have any of Mond/Mills/Trask now that we've used the pick we can't get back whatever player we should have taken instead of Jones and we'd just miss out on whatever Tackle, WR, CB, or other depth player that we can still get at 46. I may not like Mac Jones, but the Patriots obviously do. Don't see them moving on from him for anything short of a Rodgers.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lick of sense. That would be a wasted pick.
    Because their smokescreen to get Jones worked.

Ian Rapport thinks Bill & Kyle via Sabin have been blowing out draft rumors to get who they want.

It worked in round one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium