Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Marty was a damn good coach if you wanted to get into the playoffs, but his record therein is what hurts his legacy. I'd argue that with the Chiefs, he never had a QB, save for the year of Montana on the decline.

With the Chargers, he had Brees. But they pulled the plug on him too soon. It's not like he was losing to bad teams in the playoffs those years with the Bolts, as they had Peyton and the Colts, and Brady with the Patriots to contend with on their way. Ben and the Steelers. Ray Lewis and the Ravens. Not exactly chumps in a minefield of the AFC.

Hell, the AFC when he was with the Chiefs had Marino with the Dolphins, Elway with the Broncos, and the Bills Juggernaut.

Schottenheimer is probably an A- coach that lost to A and A+ teams.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 02-07-2021 at 12:41 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021 revealed at 'NFL Honors'

That class is highlighted by Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Megatron and Tom Flores. As for other awards announced last night:

Associated Press Most Valuable Player: Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers
    Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year: L.A. Chargers QB Justin Herbert
    Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year: Washington DE Chase Young
    Associated Press Offensive Player of the Year: Tennessee RB Derrick Henry
    Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year: L.A. Rams DL Aaron Donald
    Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year: Washington QB Alex Smith
    Associated Press Coach of the Year: Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-07-2021 at 02:53 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Marty was a damn good coach if you wanted to get into the playoffs, but his record therein is what hurts his legacy. I'd argue that with the Chiefs, he never had a QB, save for the year of Montana on the decline.

With the Chargers, he had Brees. But they pulled the plug on him too soon. It's not like he was losing to bad teams in the playoffs those years with the Bolts, as they had Peyton and the Colts, and Brady with the Patriots to contend with on their way. Ben and the Steelers. Ray Lewis and the Ravens. Not exactly chumps in a minefield of the AFC.

Hell, the AFC when he was with the Chiefs had Marino with the Dolphins, Elway with the Broncos, and the Bills Juggernaut.

Schottenheimer is probably an A- coach that lost to A and A+ teams.
    Yes , thank you. No one said Marty was the greatest coach. No....I never said that statement. But he's a guy who won 200+ games as a coach and could make players buy in. His speeches were just awesome. "Men , its time we turn that ignition !" "Its that gleam , lets go get that gleam men."

This NFL Life from back in 2010's before he was sick really shows how Schottenheimer loved coaching. He cries at one point when former coach Bill Arnsbarger took a chance on him being a coach. "I am so lucky. I'm doing a job I love and they are paying me for it."

The funniest part of this is that Marty and Joe Namath grew up in same High school and were close. A fact that they all hung out together for so long. Namath compliments Marty Schottenheimer on how he got with his wife. That maybe he should have saw her 1st but they wouldn't have been good friends if he did.

And Marty being honest details how his wife gets irked at him that he really eyed her body when they 1st met as she hates when he brings that up. Then he saw the rest of her.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021 revealed at 'NFL Honors'

That class is highlighted by Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Megatron and Tom Flores. As for other awards announced last night:

Associated Press Most Valuable Player: Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers
    Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year: L.A. Chargers QB Justin Herbert
    Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year: Washington DE Chase Young
    Associated Press Offensive Player of the Year: Tennessee RB Derrick Henry
    Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year: L.A. Rams DL Aaron Donald
    Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year: Washington QB Alex Smith
    Associated Press Coach of the Year: Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland
    I was right on Peyton and Johnson going in. I thought those 2 were pretty much deserving. I made a list of Hall of Fame guys as guesses. I'll have to search through the other thread. I am happy Drew Pearson made it in this year. Last year he was clearly hurt by the snub and you could see how he felt. Yes his numbers aren't ALL WORLD right now , but back when he retired they were pretty solid in 1980's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well the Super Bowl is over and Tampa Bay won. Now the off season has began.....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Bucs will be scary next year. That team was clicking after they clocked some time in. Next year I expect them to be a well oiled machine

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the Super Bowl is over and Tampa Bay won. Now the off season has began.....
    Still waiting on an announcement as to if Larry Fitzgerald is coming back for one more season or not. It's gonna suck if he retires after playing a year without any fans.

Oh, and I keep saying it, but Kevin Harlan remains the best candidate for future MNF play-by-play guy. I mean, his calls on idiots on the field alone...

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...b689330e30910b

After the game Mahomes took the blame a lot on himself for how the team handled offensively. That this was his worst game as a starter ever. But this was a sign to Andy Reid and Veach they need to draft and get offensive line and defense next season. They have to build a better offensive line for Mahomes. He clearly masked a lot of issues but the end of season as injuries hit the offensive line started to break down. The secondary got little help from a pass rush that really faded at times.

They will need to draft this off season. KC battled back to make it through playoffs for a 2nd run. This game should have been a sign from everyone....we need to bring in some horses up front.

That game last night was basically over at the half as I just didn't see Kansas City amounting any sort of comeback. I understand Tom Brady was named the MVP, if you ask me, Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles should've gotten the honor as he took full advantage of a depleted Chiefs offensive line to harass and make life hell for Patrick Mahomes all night long.

That game last night was basically over at the half as I just didn't see Kansas City amounting any sort of comeback. I understand Tom Brady was named the MVP, if you ask me, Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles should've gotten the honor as he took full advantage of a depleted Chiefs offensive line to harass and make life hell for Patrick Mahomes all night long.
    KC needed this game really. Mahomes needs these games. He took that AFC Championship loss that 1st season and it pissed him off motivation wise to get better. But KC for 3 seasons would go and look at Pat Mahomes and expect magic to save them. And the kid did so many times. I mean the guy literally carried them on his back for 2 seasons as we have seen. It would have been insane if he managed to do it tonight. He literally would have been superhuman.

KC needed this game really. Mahomes needs these games. He took that AFC Championship loss that 1st season and it pissed him off motivation wise to get better. But KC for 3 seasons would go and look at Pat Mahomes and expect magic to save them. And the kid did so many times. I mean the guy literally carried them on his back for 2 seasons as we have seen. It would have been insane if he managed to do it tonight. He literally would have been superhuman.
    And more, but the magic just wasn't there last night as the Chiefs were effectively throttled. Now, the pressure is on Reid and Mahomes to not only return to the Super Bowl, but win it so they can avoid the stain of being seen as a one hit wonder like the 2017 Eagles. Is that a fair way to view Kansas City? Hell no, but I'm sure people will look at them that way until they lift the Lombardi Trophy again.

And more, but the magic just wasn't there last night as the Chiefs were effectively throttled. Now, the pressure is on Reid and Mahomes to not only return to the Super Bowl, but win it so they can avoid the stain of being seen as a one hit wonder like the 2017 Eagles. Is that a fair way to view Kansas City? Hell no, but I'm sure people will look at them that way until they lift the Lombardi Trophy again.
    Reid and Mahomes aren't under any pressure like the Eagles were really. Philadelphia under Pederson went 7-9 one season and then the next went to a Super Bowl as we saw. If we look back Mahomes was a Dee Ford penalty on going to a 1st year Super Bowl comically. Its clear had Ford not jumped offsides Mahomes would have been to 3 straight Super Bowls. Going to back to back ones is nice and winning one is great. But the 2 aren't an Eagles one hit wonder given how the last 3 seasons have played out.

Sure both men want to repeat and come back. But Reid has a HARD job ahead in 2021. KC has free agents and tough decisions to make. They will need players to restructure deals to get under cap and to keep several players. KC will have a year of being $20 million right now over the cap.

Its not a New Orleans situation because the Saints are like $100 million over the cap at one point and why Brees redid his deal. But 2021 is gonna be a harder year ahead for what Reid is gonna have to do ahead.

Boomer Esiason said the same thing on the postgame show.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I just read an article on SI.com where the writer said (and indicated he was not joking) that the Chiefs would've been better off lining up Mahomes in punt formation so that he would've gotten at least a couple of seconds to actually see the field of play.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I just read an article on SI.com where the writer said (and indicated he was not joking) that the Chiefs would've been better off lining up Mahomes in punt formation so that he would've gotten at least a couple of seconds to actually see the field of play.
    Yep , its hard to ask for "Mahomes magic" when the guy can't get the time to throw. And KC's offensive line wasn't solid before this and its wild how the kid managed to work so well behind that an entire season. So the team needs to seriously use the draft to upgrade it. Veach needs to use the draft to fix 3 areas.

- Offensive line
    - DE/Pass rush
    - Secondary.