Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There is talk NE is going to snag a QB in R2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why would they do that? They have Jones?
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't make a lick of sense. That would be a wasted pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    The only way I could see it is if we were flipping Mac Jones and packaging picks to go out and get Rodgers for a few years and make another run before BB hangs it up. That's pie-in-the-sky, and even though I'd much, much rather have any of Mond/Mills/Trask now that we've used the pick we can't get back whatever player we should have taken instead of Jones and we'd just miss out on whatever Tackle, WR, CB, or other depth player that we can still get at 46. I may not like Mac Jones, but the Patriots obviously do. Don't see them moving on from him for anything short of a Rodgers.
    Because their smokescreen to get Jones worked.

Ian Rapport thinks Bill & Kyle via Sabin have been blowing out draft rumors to get who they want.

It worked in round one.
    Well the draft seemed to fall more or less where the Patriots didn't need to trade up. They floated about wanting Justin Fields if he fell and had Chicago decided to not trade back up the Patriots would have been left with both QB's sitting there at #15. I'd say that once we got to #12 and no teams moving up Belichick realized he'd get Jones or Fields at that point. They went to both QB's pro days and watched them both at one point.

Them claiming to look at another QB is comical as it would put pressure on Jones instantly to perform asap. I can't see Belichick following what we saw happen in Washington ...twice in their history. Where they'd draft franchise QB's in 1st rd (Heath Shuler , RGIII) and then in later rds draft QB's meant to be backups who'd take the starting jobs in sense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think there might be more pressure on Tua to succeed after Miami enjoyed some success last season and are seen as an up and coming team. Meanwhile, my Eagles are pretty much in rebuilding mode, so, not that much will be expected from Hurts, at least not from outside Philly anyway.

As for other views on the first round, I was surprised the Bengals passed on top offensive lineman Penei Sewell to help keep Joe Burrow upright, going with his LSU teammate WR Ja'Marr Chase instead.
    There is a lot of talk here in Cincy that Burrow was really pushing for Chase because he is not really happy with the Receivers that he has right now. he figures Bengals will draft some o line in the 2nd round. but he does not know Mike Brown very well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Is Aaron Rogers timing bad or what is it. He's not going to the 9ers now so that leave Denver or Vegas I guess? After the draft will there be a team still with the room and team to put Rogers in? Is Bridgewater aware he might now be a backup, was that language he was aware of before? The reigning MVP wants to get out of his situation and I don't feel he's going to sit, he doesn't want to return and he's not going anywhere but to a contender. Can't imagine how this ends up.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Is Aaron Rogers timing bad or what is it. He's not going to the 9ers now so that leave Denver or Vegas I guess? After the draft will there be a team still with the room and team to put Rogers in? Is Bridgewater aware he might now be a backup, was that language he was aware of before? The reigning MVP wants to get out of his situation and I don't feel he's going to sit, he doesn't want to return and he's not going anywhere but to a contender. Can't imagine how this ends up.
    They informed him on draft day last year that they were drafting a QB in R1.

He informed them on draft day this year that he is not playing for them anymore.

Turnabout is fair play ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He informed them on draft day this year that he is not playing for them anymore.

I get all that and I've seen the defensive picks they've made subsequent and this year pick but his two options are sit or play. Both I guess are in play but not likely. My question is aren't his options gonna take a huge hit after this weekend? I get he's the MVP but his he just going to take over wherever he goes? How does he not?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I get all that and I've seen the defensive picks they've made subsequent and this year pick but his two options are sit or play. Both I guess are in play but not likely. My question is aren't his options gonna take a huge hit after this weekend? I get he's the MVP but his he just going to take over wherever he goes? How does he not?
    I have 2 thoughts on Rodgers.

1). He retires a year and comes back somewhere else like another certain QB that did that same thing.

2). What more can the Packers give Rodgers? He already has and has had all-pro and pro-bowl lineman, WRs, RBs, etc. throughout his whole career. At some point, you gotta look at your self. Maybe he is just not a closer in the big, big moments?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I have 2 thoughts on Rodgers.

1). He retires a year and comes back somewhere else like another certain QB that did that same thing.
    I think there will be punitive damages if he sits. He can likely shoulder it but still.

2). What more can the Packers give Rodgers? He already has and has had all-pro and pro-bowl lineman, WRs, RBs, etc. throughout his whole career. At some point, you gotta look at your self. Maybe he is just not a closer in the big, big moments?
    This is true, yea I don't know. There aren't many other situations out there better than what he's got I do know that.
    You bet yer ass.

I think its more Rodgers ego then anything. Being told they are drafting a QB which is smart since Rodgers is getting old but he cant have any of that. And his gig on jeopardy did well in the ratings there is that. I think its just dumb. There is no team right now that can sign him that has a better situation then he has in GB.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mark Schlereth and Chris Collinsworth are starting to report that Rodgers to Broncos is "very" close to a done deal.

Multiple sources are starting to confirm this.

This. But its still like watching a long, drawn-out, messy divorce. And Rodgers by doing this, especially doing it a year later like that, just makes it look like he was just holding a bitter grudge for a year. He just sunk to their level and has thereby made it into an entire "he said, she said" thing.

Rodgers is pretty much the loser here, no matter what happens.

Edit: Oh man, he is going to go play for Elway? I swear Elway is the teflon man.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-30-2021 at 02:50 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mark Schlereth and Chris Collinsworth are starting to report that Rodgers to Broncos is "very" close to a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This. But its still like watching a long, drawn-out, messy divorce. And Rodgers by doing this, especially doing it a year later like that, just makes it look like he was just holding a bitter grudge for a year. He just sunk to their level and has thereby made it into an entire "he said, she said" thing.

Rodgers is pretty much the loser here, no matter what happens.

Edit: Oh man, he is going to go play for Elway? I swear Elway is the teflon man.
    Including his own career, with the help of Terrell Davis that is, Elway is the QB late career savior for the 3rd time.

Rogers got rid of McCarthy a season or two too late I think, maybe this goes on a different trajectory. Denver is definetly not a better situation for him than GB I wouldn't think. Von Miller had some off the field **** along with the injury but I don't know that the defense in Green Bay is worse. I'm not ready to call Rogers on all his **** just yet. I'm keeping the same energy for Deshaun Watson wanting out even though it's, different... strokes (rimshot) for, a different folk. Hasn't Rogers earned some run here? Favre was totally different, he was a real ******* throughout the end of his time. Crazy.
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Luck could have been the second coming of Peyton, but the Colts couldn't protect him.
    Yeah, the consensus is generally that Luck did live up to hype. He just got injured to hell behind a Colts line that Grigson refused to invest anything in and allowed him to get illed until it ruined his quality of life. Luck took some mediocre Colts teams and dragged them into the playoffs three years in a row. Year one wildcard game, year two divisional, year three conference championship. Then he started having injuries. That's not really on him anymore than Burrow playing great and getting killed is on him. Polian invested in Manning.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    My team f##ked up. We should have been aggressive and gone down to get Fields, but we sat tight and ended up with a QB that people have said is essentially the next Andy Dalton. Of the possibilities (Lance/Fields/Jimmy G/2nd rounder like Mills/Mond/Trask/Mac Jones) Jones would have been my last choice, given the pick needed and the talent ceiling and as I shared with the picture his politics. But I suppose they've done what I wouldn't have thought possible when I heard we re-signed him, because now I'll be rooting hard for Cam to succeed. I'm hoping for O-line or one of the WRs who fell here in the 2nd, but I'll be pretty happy if we draft Asante Samuel Jr.

I haven't talked to any Patriots fans outside of those who agree Mac Jones was the worst of the 5 options in the 1st, but I'm sure some have high hopes. I wouldn't have even put Trevor Lawrence at that level though, nobody coming into the league is going to compare to the GOAT and we should just be happy we got to see it for two decades and lower our expectations significantly going forward. That said, it would have been nice to get a QB I could root for. Fields was so damn close. Stings.
    The thing is in this draft Lawrence and Wilson were clearly above the pack and the two major gets. Lance is a project who won't play right away and Fields and Jones both do some things exceptionally well and have some question marks. Here's the thing, the Patriots didn't need to pay anything to get Jones. The Niner's gave up a fortune on a guy who won't conrtibute right away and is a project and the Bears gave up a future first on a team that really could use capital to build on a guy that is pretty much every bit the same gamble as Jones.

If Wilson or Lawrence somehow fell within striking distance, then yeah I'd agree. But the other three were all ballpark and two teams really put their future on the line for them. The Pats didn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think its more Rodgers ego then anything. Being told they are drafting a QB which is smart since Rodgers is getting old but he cant have any of that. And his gig on jeopardy did well in the ratings there is that. I think its just dumb. There is no team right now that can sign him that has a better situation then he has in GB.
    It's a bit of both. Rodgers is definitly flexing his star power and being a drama queen. That said, trading up in the first round to get a QB when you are trying to win while you still have one of the elite QB's in NFL history is kinda suspect

Extraordinary Member

Wouldn't like that if I was KC. Having Rodgers and Herbert in the division after you thought you were going to run it with Mahomes for the forseeable future.