Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's a bit of both. Rodgers is definitly flexing his star power and being a drama queen. That said, trading up in the first round to get a QB when you are trying to win while you still have one of the elite QB's in NFL history is kinda suspect
    I dont think its suspect at all. You are drafting the future. how many years does Rodgers have left right now. Take the good Qb while you have the chance and let him learn and grow.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lets see if Denver or Oakland (refuse to call them Vegas lol) have the balls to pay Green Bays rumored asking price. CBS Sports is claiming GB will likely demand the following...

3 1st rd draft picks , a 2nd and 3rd. As well as a star player .

Rodgers is coming off a MVP season. He's considered a huge elite QB right now and Green Bay will demand a hefty sum.

Also Green Bay is in driver seat. They have Rodgers locked in til 2023. They can be assholes and sit on him if need be.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So if Rodgers goes to the Broncos, does that make Denver now the official destination for aging quarterbacks looking for one more ride to glory? And does Denver keep bringing guys like Manning and Rodgers in without ever actually developing a long-term solution at QB?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also Green Bay is in driver seat. They have Rodgers locked in til 2023. They can be assholes and sit on him if need be.
    Really makes me wonder if Rodgers would call their bluff or not, in case this happens. The organization could get super nasty and just bench him, too, ala Marcus Allen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Really makes me wonder if Rodgers would call their bluff or not, in case this happens. The organization could get super nasty and just bench him, too, ala Marcus Allen.
    That also depends - if they sit him by choice they still have to pay him, although he can't earn any incentives. If they let him act the part of a disgruntled player, they can pocket the money and use it later.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He was posting DB times and doing DB drills as a lineman.

He is going to be an absolute nightmare on the field!
    I did find him telling his mother she can retire genuinely touching. I'm hoping he's able to have a long career in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The problem with the Packers is that, apparently (and this sounds unfair given 2020 barely gave anyone riding the bench reps), Jordan Love sucks. Like, really sucks. So, Rodgers has everything to gain while Green Bay has everything to lose.

Waoow. Colts takes another DE. Colts are gonna be chasing the **** out of these AFC QB's.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    The problem with the Packers is that, apparently (and this sounds unfair given 2020 barely gave anyone riding the bench reps), Jordan Love sucks. Like, really sucks. So, Rodgers has everything to gain while Green Bay has everything to lose.
    This doesn't at all sound like what is coming from Packers camp and Ian Rappaport.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yar...13132_34766141

From what he's claiming the team feels Love has done solid in practice. And will start him if need be.

Rodgers really has little leverage now. He waited too long to make trade demands as all QB needy teams hit draft or trades. The Packers will demand top price for him and would be stupid to send him away for nothing. Rodgers should have demanded a trade weeks ago .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That is the biggest thing. If Rodgers really wanted out this bad he should have made it clear months ago instead of waiting until the draft. All he did by waiting is put Green Bay in the position of basically having to say "screw you prina donna we are doing whats best for us now, and if you don't like it tough". Brady has really built up this false narrative for old quarterbacks that they can all play forever, and Rodgers has bought into that hard. Just looking at New England shows what happens when you don't have a good young QB to take over when you lose your old star.

This doesn't at all sound like what is coming from Packers camp and Ian Rappaport.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yar...13132_34766141

From what he's claiming the team feels Love has done solid in practice. And will start him if need be.

Rodgers really has little leverage now. He waited too long to make trade demands as all QB needy teams hit draft or trades. The Packers will demand top price for him and would be stupid to send him away for nothing. Rodgers should have demanded a trade weeks ago .
    Considering yesterday was the big day for teams to go all in on trading Rodgers, he's going to now have to either play or sit.

Also, I got the freaking scoop about Love being awful from ESPN, so what the hell do I know?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is the biggest thing. If Rodgers really wanted out this bad he should have made it clear months ago instead of waiting until the draft. All he did by waiting is put Green Bay in the position of basically having to say "screw you prina donna we are doing whats best for us now, and if you don't like it tough". Brady has really built up this false narrative for old quarterbacks that they can all play forever, and Rodgers has bought into that hard. Just looking at New England shows what happens when you don't have a good young QB to take over when you lose your old star.
    Rumor has it Rodgers INTENTIONALLY wanted the news released on the day of the draft as payback for Green Bay drafting a quarterback (hardly an area of need for the Packers) last year instead of getting him help on offense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Considering yesterday was the big day for teams to go all in on trading Rodgers, he's going to now have to either play or sit.

Also, I got the freaking scoop about Love being awful from ESPN, so what the hell do I know?
    E!SPN has issues with vetting their sources. As in, they don't do it much at all and report leaks from obviously biased sources like they are proven facts.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I googled ESPN and Jordan Love and practices. This is the only thing that comes up and its from...last August.

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay*...******-offense

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Jordan Love made the right read. He saw Jace Sternberger down the left sideline with plenty of space between him and the deep defender. Instead of unloading a dart to the wide-open tight end, Love floated the ball. Yes, it landed in Sternberger’s hands for a nice gain but had the ball arrived on a line, it might have gone for a touchdown. Instead, the closing defender took Sternberger down.

It was only one play in one practice, but it was emblematic of where the Green Bay Packers’ first-round pick -- the potential heir apparent to future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers -- finds himself in his slow-moving transition to the NFL. Nine practices into his professional career, Love has shown equal parts touch and tentativeness on his throws.

"I just told him, ‘Hey, you can’t play hesitant; you can’t play tentative,’” Packers coach Matt LaFleur said Tuesday after practice No. 9. “We tell the quarterbacks, ‘Indecisive equals ineffective.’ I know there’s a lot going through his mind right now, but sometimes you’ve just got to shut it off and let your instincts take over and really go out and rip the ball. That’s kind of the challenge to him right now.”

Heading into practice on Thursday, the Packers' 10th practice marks the start of the final stretch of four training camp practices before the transition to regular-season mode next week. Love hasn’t challenged Tim Boyle for the backup starting job, ensuring that general manager Brian Gutekunst will keep three quarterbacks on the roster.

And that’s just fine with the Packers, for now.

“That tells me he’s thinking too much and he’s struggling to find a rhythm,” said an offensive assistant with another team said when told of LaFleur’s comments. “Every position’s timing is just not the same right now. You can’t panic over this, it’s not fair.

“I don’t know if I’d start burying the guy the just yet. It doesn’t mean he’s not going to be a good player. I do trust Gutey’s eye; there’s a reason he picked him.”

In an ordinary year, Love would have been through a rookie minicamp, OTA practices, a mandatory minicamp, a month’s worth of training camp practices and two preseason games by now. This, however, is no ordinary year. All of that was wiped out save for the abbreviated training camp, which began in Green Bay with an Aug. 15 no-pads practice.

“I’d say the biggest thing lost would be reps,” Love said. “Throughout the whole summer just being on Zoom doing meetings and finally getting out here right now and then not having preseason games and whatnot, I would say reps is the biggest thing. But you’ve just got to find a way to learn on the go and be a great visual learner and being able to just go through plays in my head in the back when I’m not getting reps and just take mental reps.

Love has completed 24 of 43 passes (55.8%) during team (11-on-11) periods so far, not counting the so-called “young-guy period” that LaFleur has conducted with rookies, first- and some second-year players following the full practice.

The throw to Sternberger came in one such young-guy period on Tuesday. Later in the same period, one in which Love took every snap, he underthrew a fade to tight end Josiah Deguara and it was an easy interception for safety Vernon Scott near the goal line. In between, the closest thing anyone saw to Love firing a ball on a rope was a short cross to Malik Taylor.

The article continues of course but it points out several things.

- Jordan Love is a rookie QB adjusting to NFL and NFL playbook.

- Love had gotten no reps at all due to shortened season and no preseason to do it. No minicamps , OTA's etc.

- Other coaches said that this shouldn't be held against Love due to situation he's in and coming in as he had to then.

Now not saying Love is this guy. But here was Pat Mahomes 1st practice and how he did some good and some bad.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...149092499.html

Lets see if Denver or Oakland (refuse to call them Vegas lol) have the balls to pay Green Bays rumored asking price. CBS Sports is claiming GB will likely demand the following...

3 1st rd draft picks , a 2nd and 3rd. As well as a star player .

Rodgers is coming off a MVP season. He's considered a huge elite QB right now and Green Bay will demand a hefty sum.

Any team that gives up this much for Rodgers is dumb as Hell.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.