Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Any team that gives up this much for Rodgers is dumb as Hell.
    Or desperate for a QB.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Or desperate for a QB.
    They would have to be very desperate to throw away their future for a guy who has a shelf life of 3 years max. I get he is élite. But that is just way to much for a 37 year old QB. The problem is this win now mindset that some teams have and throw away the kitchen sink for shot that will last two seasons max.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

They would have to be very desperate to throw away their future for a guy who has a shelf life of 3 years max. I get he is élite. But that is just way to much for a 37 year old QB. The problem is this win now mindset that some teams have and throw away the kitchen sink for shot that will last two seasons max.
    More like 5, he doesn't have the mileage, haven sat for his first 4 years behind Farve. And he can play into his 40s, like Breez and Brady.

So why wouldn't a team take an SB or two now. Building for the future is fine, but most teams, the future ain't so great either.

The last three #1 for Denver were Noah Fant, Jerry Jeudy and Pat Surtain II, all good players, but you don't think Denver would trade them for having Rodgers at QB.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-01-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of the draft I did like KC's 2nd rd draft pick as it added more to offensive line. KC may have drafted their starting center for the next decade with Creed Humphrey. So KC continued working on offensive line as we see. They did draft some defense with Bolton at LB (NFL analyst called him a wild tackling machine) and Kaindoh (who flashed potential in college but was injured at DE).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

3 years if you're hampionship ready from the jump is a big enough window for a potential dynasty.

3 years if you're hampionship ready from the jump is a big enough window for a potential dynasty.
    What teams can he go to that are championship ready though?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Adam Schefter is the one who broke the Aaron Rodgers story and he said in interviews that Rodgers made his position clear to the organization weeks of not months ago, it isn’t a new story, it just took the media this long to find out and publish it

Denver, Rams, and New Orleans jumps to mind
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-01-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Adam Schefter is the one who broke the Aaron Rodgers story and he said in interviews that Rodgers made his position clear to the organization weeks of not months ago, it isn’t a new story, it just took the media this long to find out and publish it

Denver, Rams, and New Orleans jumps to mind
    Denver I can see. But Rams I dont know enough. I dont see the Saints pulling that kind of move if all that is really the asking price.

49ers are a QB away. They're loaded, other than a reliable signal caller.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

On top of that, there might be a question about his dedication since he was all in on his prep for his recent stint as guest host on Jeopardy. But yeah, a team would have to be stupid desperate to mortgage their future and trade for Rodgers with no guarantee whatsoever he'll help deliver a Super Bowl.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City kept its focus on the offensive line as well for Mahomes. They drafted Creed Humphrey in 2nd rd at center and its believed he will be the starter by regular season. The 6th rd selection of guard Trey Smith may end up one of the biggest steals from many experts. Smith slipped due to blood clots and its said it cost him 4-5 rds in draft. KC decided to roll the dice and gambled their last draft pick there for him. If Smith can make it past that he could become an all-pro guard.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

49ers are a QB away. They're loaded, other than a reliable signal caller.
    But they decided not to and get a rookie instead. With the #3 pick, they could have given GB the least draft picks for Rodgers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But they decided not to and get a rookie instead. With the #3 pick, they could have given GB the least draft picks for Rodgers.
    Green Bay is more likely to trade in a couple months in June (not necessarily to the 49ers now, for sure), the salary cap hit they take is something like $32 million if they trade him now, if they wait until June, it's only $17 million. They weren't going to green light any trade with any team on draft day, regardless of what Rodgers wants or feels. It would have been malpractice to do it prior to that with that kind of cap hit.

Somebody is likely to mortgage their next 3 drafts into getting him, and it's more likely going to be someone like Denver or the Raiders, per rumors. Hell, I've already seen pitched trades where the 49ers deal away some of the kids they just drafted this weekend packaged with future picks.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    My team f##ked up. We should have been aggressive and gone down to get Fields, but we sat tight and ended up with a QB that people have said is essentially the next Andy Dalton. Of the possibilities (Lance/Fields/Jimmy G/2nd rounder like Mills/Mond/Trask/Mac Jones) Jones would have been my last choice, given the pick needed and the talent ceiling and as I shared with the picture his politics. But I suppose they've done what I wouldn't have thought possible when I heard we re-signed him, because now I'll be rooting hard for Cam to succeed. I'm hoping for O-line or one of the WRs who fell here in the 2nd, but I'll be pretty happy if we draft Asante Samuel Jr.

I haven't talked to any Patriots fans outside of those who agree Mac Jones was the worst of the 5 options in the 1st, but I'm sure some have high hopes. I wouldn't have even put Trevor Lawrence at that level though, nobody coming into the league is going to compare to the GOAT and we should just be happy we got to see it for two decades and lower our expectations significantly going forward. That said, it would have been nice to get a QB I could root for. Fields was so damn close. Stings.
    If it makes you feel any better, the slide Jones took from possibly #3 to #15 cost him 18.5 million dollars according to Mike Reiss. His contract was cut by over 50% by dropping a mere 12 slots in the draft order.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

It doesn't, but maybe that means we can afford to extend Gilmore and Jackson at CB.