Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Mahomes may have taken it on himself, but it really was not his fault at all. This is a tough one for him, because he's not going to be able to willpower it into being better, KC has got to step up and get him some help, its out of his hands. But it is good leadership that he did not call out anyone or imply anyone else being at fault. I love o-lines and I was feeling for them in that second half, especially #75, poor guy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mahomes may have taken it on himself, but it really was not his fault at all. This is a tough one for him, because he's not going to be able to willpower it into being better, KC has got to step up and get him some help, its out of his hands. But it is good leadership that he did not call out anyone or imply anyone else being at fault. I love o-lines and I was feeling for them in that second half, especially #75, poor guy.
    3 guys in new positions. People are praising Bowles which yeah he did his job. But when your starting backups on offensive line and then shifting guys around....its not gonna go well regardless. Tampa had the edge the moment it happened. A lot of us knew it was gonna go that way. This game should motivate Reid and Veach to get offensive line drafted and build a line for Mahomes to do what he does best.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

According to rumors Arizona and Patrick Peterson (CB) will part ways this off season. 2+ years ago KC wanted Peterson and offered a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for him from what was claimed. Arizona turned it down. I would hope that KC can get cap situation worked out good enough to start signing players and upgrade the secondary and offensive line.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to rumors Arizona and Patrick Peterson (CB) will part ways this off season. 2+ years ago KC wanted Peterson and offered a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for him from what was claimed. Arizona turned it down. I would hope that KC can get cap situation worked out good enough to start signing players and upgrade the secondary and offensive line.
    It's not the same guy. There was a time, 2 maybe 3 years where he was the best CB in the league... right now he should be a #2 at best. AT BEST.

Still, him reunited with Honey Badger is something I'd like to see.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Matthew Stafford has been getting texts from Lions players including Marvin Jones, Jr. who want to come to LA. Its odd having a QB who actually draws people in rather than chasing them off. The thing about bringing in a Jones or Golliday, it would mean taking losses somewhere else to bring them in, unless they are willing to play for less money for ... Stafford? Yah I don't think so. Who knows, though, the Rams might just do it and dig their hole deeper.

Not freaking out about it but part of me is concerned that this "leaked" info means that Stafford thinks he's such hot sauce that he can start calling the shots. Take a step back, dude, you aren't Brady or Lebron. I think he needs a better resume and at least a year to prove himself under the McVay system before we're ready for that. Hopefully the Rams Organization will have a clear head here.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-08-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's not the same guy. There was a time, 2 maybe 3 years where he was the best CB in the league... right now he should be a #2 at best. AT BEST.

Still, him reunited with Honey Badger is something I'd like to see.
    I really hope KC can clear cap room for him. Its gonna take some work and hard decisions ahead on several players. (Watkins could be done in KC after a 1 year deal)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Matthew Stafford has been getting texts from Lions players including Marvin Jones, Jr. who want to come to LA. Its odd having a QB who actually draws people in rather than chasing them off. The thing about bringing in a Jones or Golliday, it would mean taking losses somewhere else to bring them in, unless they are willing to play for less money for ... Stafford? Yah I don't think so. Who knows, though, the Rams might just do it and dig their hole deeper.

Not freaking out about it but part of me is concerned that this "leaked" info means that Stafford thinks he's such hot sauce that he can start calling the shots. Take a step back, dude, you aren't Brady or Lebron. I think he needs a better resume and at least a year to prove himself under the McVay system before we're ready for that. Hopefully the Rams Organization will have a clear head here.
    The Rams already have some solid WR's in Woods and Cupp.

I did like Mahomes who said that he was gonna spend the day breaking down game tape of things where things went wrong. That he's not happy at all with himself and that this is gonna make push even harder to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That game last night was basically over at the half as I just didn't see Kansas City amounting any sort of comeback. I understand Tom Brady was named the MVP, if you ask me, Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles should've gotten the honor as he took full advantage of a depleted Chiefs offensive line to harass and make life hell for Patrick Mahomes all night long.
    You can't really give a member of the coaching staff a Most Valuable Player award even if the bias towards offensive players is a load of crap.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You can't really give a member of the coaching staff a Most Valuable Player award even if the bias towards offensive players is a load of crap.
    I know that. I was just goofing off.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I know that. I was just goofing off.
    The problem was no one guy on that defense had a stat line that made them the one guy. Suh, Vea, JPP, and David, Barrett and White all had big plays. I'd lean JPP or Lavonte David because the former was in the backfield chasing Mahomes all night and Lavonte David had multiple passes defensed while shutting down Travis Kelce.

But it really was a team effort.

Here's something of concern to the rest of the NFL:

Bruce Arians 'very confident' Bucs can bring back most of title team in 2021

Their biggest free agents are Chris Godwin, Lavonte David, Shaq Barrett, and... one swing lineman, Joe Haeg.

That's it. Unless Gronk re-retires or Brady or JPP does, they will likely bring back the same core squad. And they have enough draft capitol to replace a DE or WR with a first round pick.

Their biggest free agents are Chris Godwin, Lavonte David, Shaq Barrett, and... one swing lineman, Joe Haeg.

That's it. Unless Gronk re-retires or Brady or JPP does, they will likely bring back the same core squad. And they have enough draft capitol to replace a DE or WR with a first round pick.
    There is also Suh. He will be a free agent as well. And the Bucs according to Overthecap only have $20+ million in cap room. Sure Brady and company may take pay cuts. I really hope KC and Tampa Bay have a rematch. Give the kid his healthy offensive line. Lets see how that defense does against a healthy Chiefs team. (as we saw in regular season they got scorched by a healthy Chiefs team)

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Marty Schottenheimer passed away at 77.

Somebody in the NFC who has a shot at going deep in the playoffs needs to get Nick Foles as their backup!

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Marty Schottenheimer passed away at 77.
    Heard that this morning. RIP, what a legend and what a legacy.