Page 60 of 90 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Over/under on how long Meyer lasts: two and a half seasons. He has the look of yet another college coach who can't hack it in the NFL and flames out, either mildly or spectacularly. For certain the Tebow circus won't help matters any.
    He reminds me of someone the way he's doing all the questionable things and acting like it's not a big deal... *cough*Chip Kelly*cough*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    4 days ago, the 49ers signed former Jags WR Marquise Lee to a 1 year deal...

They cut him today, and no one is sure why just yet.
    He signed with us and never played because of a Covid holdout (understandable). Sad, he seemed to have flashes of decency which could have made him our #1 or a solid #2 for most teams.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He's not wrong about the Cowboys.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    He's not wrong about the Cowboys.
    Thing is, the I want to win comment he made had nothing to do with the Cowboys. He was asked about wearing a Cowboys jersey and attending an event run by Cowboys players and if that he meant if he was going to the Cowboys. He said, no, he knew he wasn't going to the Cowboys. He was then asked where he was going or where he wanted to go, and he said I don't know where I am going, I just want to win. Nothing in that statement had anything to do with the Cowboys. Context matters.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Cowboys are loaded at WR anyhow. They have Lamb and Cooper. They really don't need him here. Now I do see a Jacksonville , Denver , Vegas type trade destination possible.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Thing is, the I want to win comment he made had nothing to do with the Cowboys. He was asked about wearing a Cowboys jersey and attending an event run by Cowboys players and if that he meant if he was going to the Cowboys. He said, no, he knew he wasn't going to the Cowboys. He was then asked where he was going or where he wanted to go, and he said I don't know where I am going, I just want to win. Nothing in that statement had anything to do with the Cowboys. Context matters.

-M
    You are right, I listened to the interview. Press and their headlines, lol.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Aaron Rodgers is looking for a good WR now that he is probably staying in GB. And they were one game away from the SB.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You are right, I listened to the interview. Press and their headlines, lol.
    As long as they get clicks/ratings they don't care if their headlines are accurate. Especially in the sports talk/talking heads industry.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Cowboys are loaded at WR anyhow. They have Lamb and Cooper. They really don't need him here. Now I do see a Jacksonville , Denver , Vegas type trade destination possible.
    But, you can't tell me Jerrah isn't at least thinking about adding Jones.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, you can't tell me Jerrah isn't at least thinking about adding Jones.
    Is he toxic and/or expensive enough to truly get Jerrah's attention?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is looking for a good WR now that he is probably staying in GB. And they were one game away from the SB.
    Green Bay sending Love to Atlanta for Jones makes a lot of sense here. Atlanta likely would get a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for Jones at best.

By taking Jordan Love it helps both teams.

- Love will get a season to learn under Matt Ryan who likely will handle it better.

- Green Bay solves a big issue with Rodgers by shipping Love out for a future Hall of Fame WR he will love.

- Atlanta needs an heir to Ryan soon. Getting Jordan Love helps that. Plus its a former 1st rd pick they are gaining instead of a 2nd or 3rd pick here.

- The deal makes a lot of sense for both teams here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

That does make sense. Heal the divide and get him a heck of a #2 in one move. And works for Atlanta.

The smartest thing is Atlanta and GB killing two birds with one stone.

That being said, I'm baffled why DeAndre Hopkins talked about restructuring his contract to make room for him in AZ. It's like... there's Hopkins. There's AJ Green. There's Christian Kirk. AZ just used a 2nd round pick on Rondale Moore out of Perdue for a fourth stringer... and they are leaving $10 million under the cap to bring Larry Fitzgerald back for a last hurrah...

Why Arizona keeps getting mentioned in the Julio Jones sweepstakes... I'm like... get a veteran cornerback before you worry about another veteran WR on the back half of his career, guys.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The smartest thing is Atlanta and GB killing two birds with one stone.

That being said, I'm baffled why DeAndre Hopkins talked about restructuring his contract to make room for him in AZ. It's like... there's Hopkins. There's AJ Green. There's Christian Kirk. AZ just used a 2nd round pick on Rondale Moore out of Perdue for a fourth stringer... and they are leaving $10 million under the cap to bring Larry Fitzgerald back for a last hurrah...

Why Arizona keeps getting mentioned in the Julio Jones sweepstakes... I'm like... get a veteran cornerback before you worry about another veteran WR on the back half of his career, guys.
    Julio likes the AZ peeps and has a lots of friends in their WR corps.

I think that is why.

I put it up there with JJ going to PITT because his brother is there. In the end JJ didn't but the connection was there.

Besides ... there can only be one JJ in AZ!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium