Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In comical news Tom Brady will be on Lebron James show on HBO. In a spot filmed Brady brings up how a NFL team had showed interest in him earlier in free agency then suddenly backed off due to his age. Brady not happy told them , "Hold your staying with that motherf--ker ?" Brady then swore he'd make sure to make that team pay for that in the season. Taking it as a slight towards him.

People are debating what team this was. Thus far the teams rumored are....

Chicago Bears
    San Francisco 49ers
    Vegas Raiders

My belief is ....it was the Bears. Who have a history of getting behind QB's and then quickly jerking them around the last few seasons. I could see Pace as GM telling Brady how he wanted him. Then suddenly deciding he didn't weeks later and all. I'm sure once Brady retires and writes his book about his career this will be discussed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Also according to rumors KC is gonna sign a veteran DE to come in at some point. Clark is on thin ice and KC will want insurance ahead. The 2 big candidates seem to be ...Justin Houston returning to KC after 2 seasons away or Melvin Ingram who will seek to rebound after an injury plagued 2020. KC fans want Houston back to see if he has enough in his tank to get a chance at a ring.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In comical news Tom Brady will be on Lebron James show on HBO. In a spot filmed Brady brings up how a NFL team had showed interest in him earlier in free agency then suddenly backed off due to his age. Brady not happy told them , "Hold your staying with that motherf--ker ?" Brady then swore he'd make sure to make that team pay for that in the season. Taking it as a slight towards him.

People are debating what team this was. Thus far the teams rumored are....

Chicago Bears
    San Francisco 49ers
    Vegas Raiders

My belief is ....it was the Bears. Who have a history of getting behind QB's and then quickly jerking them around the last few seasons. I could see Pace as GM telling Brady how he wanted him. Then suddenly deciding he didn't weeks later and all. I'm sure once Brady retires and writes his book about his career this will be discussed.
    Speculation is that it was the Raiders, just because Brady lit them up like a 4th of July firework last year with 21 points in the 4th quarter, which could definitely be argued as "rubbing it in" as these things go. Knowing Brady, he was also probably trying to beat them by 27 points, to remind them of that one Super Bowl loss they had to the Bucs too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Speculation is that it was the Raiders, just because Brady lit them up like a 4th of July firework last year with 21 points in the 4th quarter, which could definitely be argued as "rubbing it in" as these things go. Knowing Brady, he was also probably trying to beat them by 27 points, to remind them of that one Super Bowl loss they had to the Bucs too.
    I think it was also the Raiders for the reasons you outlined. Besides being wined and dined, Brady also wants to win, and that wasn't happening in Chicago which was in no way shape or form ready to compete for a championship.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think it was also the Raiders for the reasons you outlined. Besides being wined and dined, Brady also wants to win, and that wasn't happening in Chicago which was in no way shape or form ready to compete for a championship.
    The Raiders had a reliable QB in Carr. It doesn't fit Brady's saying really. Denver Broncos could also be one listed as potential spot given its QB situation.

The only thing I heard confirmed was it wasn't da Bears, as they never met with Tom.

He is friends with Jimmy and he has had spats with various Vegas people like Carr ... so I'm inclined to think it was the Raiders, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Raiders had a reliable QB in Carr. It doesn't fit Brady's saying really. Denver Broncos could also be one listed as potential spot given its QB situation.
    The Raiders also have Gruden, who falls in love with new quarterbacks as much as 90s cartoon Jean Gray falls down, and for less reason.
    Dark does not mean deep.

My money would be on Oakland.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well, damn... didn't see this one coming.

The winners of "What poor team has to be on Hard Knocks" this year are... the Dallas Cowboys

They resisted the temptation of going with the Tebow saga in Jacksonville.

I hate the "Boys", may not watch this year. It's still McCarthy and Dak, So the drama is Mcarthy keeping his job and Dak coming back from injury. And I couldn't watch a minute of Jerry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, damn... didn't see this one coming.

The winners of "What poor team has to be on Hard Knocks" this year are... the Dallas Cowboys

They resisted the temptation of going with the Tebow saga in Jacksonville.
    I also thought Jacksonville would win the sweepstakes. How could HBO resist Tebow who's a bigger circus than Ringling Bros.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I also thought Jacksonville would win the sweepstakes. How could HBO resist Tebow who's a bigger circus than Ringling Bros.
    Jacksonville is a potential one-hit-wonder whether they do great or bomb hard.

The ‘Boys are the dependable soap opera who have ongoing drama that’s unlikely to stop. It’s the decision you make for the larger retrospective story. The Jags might just be a post-mortem special at the end.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Jacksonville is a potential one-hit-wonder whether they do great or bomb hard.

The ‘Boys are the dependable soap opera who have ongoing drama that’s unlikely to stop. It’s the decision you make for the larger retrospective story. The Jags might just be a post-mortem special at the end.
    They're probably betting Tebow gets cut way early in the process and ratings drop. If there would be any interest, because Jacksonville's fanbase is way, way lower than Dallas'.

Which, maybe shouldn't be the case given the postseason results the past 25 years... Jacksonville has been to a Conference Championship game three times (1996, 1999, 2017) since Dallas was last in one in 1995.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Like... Tim Tebow literally writes itself.

You'd get nonstop ESPN coverage.

Trevor Lawrence officially signed his rookie contract today. so he's set to go for training camp. However, Jacksonville still has several other draftees remaining unsigned, including their other first round pick.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato