Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1345
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They're probably betting Tebow gets cut way early in the process and ratings drop. If there would be any interest, because Jacksonville's fanbase is way, way lower than Dallas'.

Which, maybe shouldn't be the case given the postseason results the past 25 years... Jacksonville has been to a Conference Championship game three times (1996, 1999, 2017) since Dallas was last in one in 1995.
    But, Dallas with Jerrah, Dak and company are a soap opera that puts General Hospital to shame. Yeah, I get it. No matter, I don't have HBO, so I have zero interest.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

One person does not a show make. And in spite of the media circus that follows Tebow, to some extent, his story is still pretty well known and simple. And its not really him or his actions that create all the drama, its more the reaction he gets from fans of a certain religious bent. So I can see why they might choose Dallas instead.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

In Patriots news, the team officially signed Mac Jones today. Meanwhile, wide receiver N'Keal Harry has reportedly requested a trade.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    In Patriots news, the team officially signed Mac Jones today. Meanwhile, wide receiver N'Keal Harry has reportedly requested a trade.
    Saw his agent's statement, that they're not even targeting the kid.

I'm honestly wondering who would give up any kind of draft pick to take a chance on Harry, who hasn't proven much on the field yet. I'd think the Cardinals might, given his connection to the state through ASU, but they... they kind of have a full receivers room in Arizona.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm honestly wondering who would give up any kind of draft pick to take a chance on Harry, who hasn't proven much on the field yet. I'd think the Cardinals might, given his connection to the state through ASU, but they... they kind of have a full receivers room in Arizona.
    Requesting a trade when even in limited opportunities you haven't shown much seems drastically stupid to me.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Requesting a trade when even in limited opportunities you haven't shown much seems drastically stupid to me.
    Cards, Eagles, WFT, & Falcons have reportedly been the interested teams before his agent jump. Prior to the draft, Harry was linked to the Titans.

Kinda think he screwed himself now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There is a rumor coming out that a rejected rules committee proposal was to have the 2 last place teams play instead of the Pro Bowl. Winner gets the #1 draft pick. Same coach proposed a draft lottery for the bottom 15, with 15th place getting 15 tickets, 14th gets 14, etc. to help combat tanking.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I think that was an old Adam Carolla suggestion (Man Show, Jimmy Kimmel's buddy). The two last teams playing. Said it'd get eyeballs, and I agree. I don't think tanking in general is as big of a thing in the NFL, unlike the NBA which can rest its stars (and no league is as star-driven as the NBA) and impact the outcome the NFL plays hard every week. See the Jets losing out on Lawrence last year. I'd hate to see a lottery, NFL has quick turnarounds and decent parity. Also, the draft is more important than in other sports and it'd be nice to have certainty with your position. It'd get great ratings though.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I think that was an old Adam Carolla suggestion (Man Show, Jimmy Kimmel's buddy). The two last teams playing. Said it'd get eyeballs, and I agree. I don't think tanking in general is as big of a thing in the NFL, unlike the NBA which can rest its stars (and no league is as star-driven as the NBA) and impact the outcome the NFL plays hard every week. See the Jets losing out on Lawrence last year. I'd hate to see a lottery, NFL has quick turnarounds and decent parity. Also, the draft is more important than in other sports and it'd be nice to have certainty with your position. It'd get great ratings though.

Well the Jets were happy to get Zach Wilson who came in at #2. Wilson looks dynamic for what he can do. Its just the Jets need a lot of help....a ton of help. A team needs a draft to click even in mid-rounds. People look at Kansas City right now. Pat Mahomes has been great of course as a 1st rd pick. But the draft picks in middle rounds matter and the Jets have to click on some to turn it around.

KC the past decade drafted these players.

- 2nd rd : Chris Jones (DT)<
    - 3rd rd : Travis Kelce (TE)
    - 6th rd : Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (Guard)
    - 2nd rd : Mitch Morse (Center)
    - 4th rd : Demarcus Robinson (WR)
    - 5th rd : Tyreek Hill (WR)
    - 3rd rd : Kareem Hunt (RB)
    - 3rd rd : Derrick Nnadi (DT)
    - 2nd rd : Mecole Hardman (WR)
    - 2nd rd : Juan Thornhill (Safety)
    - 6th rd : Rashad Fenton (CB)
    - 4th rd : L'Jarius Sneed (Safety)

In all KC has drafted so well the last decade in the middle rounds. They have nailed some starters and its helped. The big factor here is the Jets and any other team needs the middle rounds to hit HR's on for players. I love the current system myself . Even if a team loses or tanks they could be cursed with terrible drafting.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The notion of having terrible teams play is done on Thanksgiving, I don't think we need yet another chance to see that. Really I'd settle for the pro-bowl being after the Super Bowl again as a big change. Is it really more profitable to have the game the weekend before the Super Bowl.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The notion of having terrible teams play is done on Thanksgiving, I don't think we need yet another chance to see that. Really I'd settle for the pro-bowl being after the Super Bowl again as a big change. Is it really more profitable to have the game the weekend before the Super Bowl.
    While funny, those teams might not be terrible forever. The Cowboys were once a pretty good team rather than a mediocre also-ran, and the Lions.......well, they once were thought to have potential.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Former 49ers tight end Greg Clark has passed away.

Alex Gibbs, who was a celebrated offensive line coach including for two Denver Bronco title teams, has passed away.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that Richard Sherman was arrested in Seattle for burglary and domestic violence and was denied bail. Whoa!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

That's a damn shame.