Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1345
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More on Sherman: Got another alert from Bleacher Report, saying Washington State Police are investigating him in connection to a hit and run and damage to state property.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So one of the major news stories not really covered is the city of St. Louis had filed a lawsuit against the NFL , Stan Kroenke and others over the relocation of the Rams. The judge ruled there is enough evidence for this trial to go into court in January.

According to one reporter there is a telephone call where Kroenke is gonna buy the team and tells Goodell about buying land for a stadium in LA. That the league may have been telling St. Louis to build a new stadium but they were conspiring with Kroenke the entire way to move the team. To get it back to that major market.

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/co...sRkgOL1LCChE3Q
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Best/worst case (depending on your perspective) the judge orders them to pay a fine. Everyone knew they were trying to put a team in LA, and they can't force them to put the team back in St. Louis. Maybe they could petition to add another franchise there, but that's absolute best case for them.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    More on Sherman: Got another alert from Bleacher Report, saying Washington State Police are investigating him in connection to a hit and run and damage to state property.
    I have considered, but am hoping I'm wrong... there's the possibility that his sudden erratic behavior might be related to undiagnosed CTE.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Man... I wished COVID vaccinations were required and not optional, unless you have a rare genetic defect barring you from getting vaccinated (which is the reason why everyone else needs to get vaccinated in the first place). It's going to suck immensely for your team to have games delayed or to lose players because somebody still thinks vaccines will make you autistic or cause defects.

Misinformation blows.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Best/worst case (depending on your perspective) the judge orders them to pay a fine. Everyone knew they were trying to put a team in LA, and they can't force them to put the team back in St. Louis. Maybe they could petition to add another franchise there, but that's absolute best case for them.
    They can't put the team back in St. Louis, but they can prove the team was wrongly moved without the consent of the city, which would all but guarantee a new franchise in St. Louis the next time expansion happens. A similar case was argued by Seattle regarding the Seattle Pilots, who moved after the nightmare season in 1969 when Sick's Stadium, a former minor league ballpark that was already showing its age, was forced to be converted into a major league stadium ahead of time (tl;dr, the owner of the Kansas City Royals, another market spurned by relocation, didn't want to wait until 1971, so MLB was forced to start early, which killed the Pilots' hopes of success) and wasn't even close to completion by the time the season started... along with other, more disturbing issues. This antitrust suit helped secure them the Seattle Mariners, who thankfully had a venue ready by the time they came to be in the Kingdome.

I mean... that's all they could hope for. If the NFL is so hell-bent on getting a team in London or Mexico City, this is perhaps the only way a place like them or San Diego can secure a spot now.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So one of the major news stories not really covered is the city of St. Louis had filed a lawsuit against the NFL , Stan Kroenke and others over the relocation of the Rams. The judge ruled there is enough evidence for this trial to go into court in January.

According to one reporter there is a telephone call where Kroenke is gonna buy the team and tells Goodell about buying land for a stadium in LA. That the league may have been telling St. Louis to build a new stadium but they were conspiring with Kroenke the entire way to move the team. To get it back to that major market.

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/co...sRkgOL1LCChE3Q
    So another conspiracy lawsuit against NFL ownership. The fun thing about this one is that the big, most influential owners like Jones and Kraft are apparently involved and are being ordered by the judge to disclose their financial records. And it could end up spreading out much farther than that.

But lets face it, this will end up with a settlement like happened with Kaep. There is no way its going into some protracted trial where the owners get their pants pulled down, the owners are just doing all they can do to not have to do anything. Once they are all backed into a legal corner, their "make this go away" team will be on the case.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Regardless of outcome, I think we finally will see Goodell gone.

Owners don't want a commish that keeps putting the owners in the hot seat.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I have considered, but am hoping I'm wrong... there's the possibility that his sudden erratic behavior might be related to undiagnosed CTE.
    It's kind of reminding me of Junior Seau's story.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Regardless of outcome, I think we finally will see Goodell gone.

Owners don't want a commish that keeps putting the owners in the hot seat.
    As long as the TV money keeps rolling in, Goodell keeps his job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It's kind of reminding me of Junior Seau's story.
    It reminds me a bit of Justin Strzelczyk back in '04, when he completely went off the rails. Except no loss of life in this instance, if that's what is the root cause.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As long as the TV money keeps rolling in, Goodell keeps his job.
    Hey!

Don't kill my dreams with facts, logic, and reason!

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Wide receiver Ted Ginn, Jr. has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Aaron Rodgers rejected an extension that would give him the highest pay in the NFL, more than doubling his current salary. I mean, we all know it wasn't about the money with him. He just wants out of there. But where does this leave him - sitting out the year and not playing, or is there still a path for him to be traded? Its a game of chicken and I think neither side is swerving.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...st-paid-player
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Aaron Rodgers rejected an extension that would give him the highest pay in the NFL, more than doubling his current salary. I mean, we all know it wasn't about the money with him. He just wants out of there. But where does this leave him - sitting out the year and not playing, or is there still a path for him to be traded? Its a game of chicken and I think neither side is swerving.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...st-paid-player
    Rodgers has had a hissy fit with the Packers ever since they drafted a QB as his replacement a year ago. I could be wrong, but it looks like the only thing that might get Rodgers to stay is if their GM, Brian Gutekunst who made the pick is fired, something Green Bay won't do. And, no doubt the league doesn't want that to happen since that would set a horrible precedent where superstar players can get front office personnel axed. Yeah, Rodgers won't report, and the Packers won't trade him, it's just a matter of who blinks first.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!