Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

The Phins and Colts have reportedly reached out to Godwin.

Somebody is getting a pay raise ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Clever! By the way, I do believe there's no income tax in Florida. Another win for Brady.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Clever! By the way, I do believe there's no income tax in Florida. Another win for Brady.
    LOL! The man doesn't need anymore wins.

Former Chiefs beat writer Terez Paylor, who left to become an NFL writer for Yahoo Sports and who was a Hall of Fame voter, passed away unexpectedly today. He was only 37. Way too young!
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Former Chiefs beat writer Terez Paylor, who left to become an NFL writer for Yahoo Sports and who was a Hall of Fame voter, passed away unexpectedly today. He was only 37. Way too young!
    Passed on the same day as Marty. Kinda sad to see that happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

KC assistant Britt Reid has been placed on administrative leave while the accident he was involved in is under investigation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...id-crash-probe

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

In NFL News as the QB carousel begins with trades...here we go with rumors...

- ESPN reported that Carson Wentz is expected to be traded soon. That the Eagles will get a nice package at some point for Wentz as Stafford did. The team will want him dealt before a couple days into the new league year where he's due to get a roster bonus.

- Another report from NFL.Com is that the Raiders are receiving calls for both QB's for trades. The team hasn't shut the door entirely on talks for Derek Carr. But Marcus Mariota is drawing some interest from teams due to his impressive week 15 fill in spot.

- Houston is repeatedly telling people that Watson is not gonna be dealt. But its said if Watson digs in and demands it and Houston seriously decides they can't make him happy...its gonna become a trade that will surpass Stafford given Watson's in his prime of his career and has won in playoffs before.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - ESPN reported that Carson Wentz is expected to be traded soon. That the Eagles will get a nice package at some point for Wentz as Stafford did. The team will want him dealt before a couple days into the new league year where he's due to get a roster bonus.
    Depending on what rumors you choose to believe, the Bears (in a scenario with Nick Foles coming back to Philly) and Colts are said to be the frontrunners to trade for Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Houston is repeatedly telling people that Watson is not gonna be dealt. But its said if Watson digs in and demands it and Houston seriously decides they can't make him happy...its gonna become a trade that will surpass Stafford given Watson's in his prime of his career and has won in playoffs before.
    Another team in Houston (the Rockets) insisted they wouldn't trade James Harden, yet, he wound up being dealt to Brooklyn. At this point, it's no longer a question of IF Watson is traded, but WHEN.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Depending on what rumors you choose to believe, the Bears (in a scenario with Nick Foles coming back to Philly) and Colts are said to be the frontrunners to trade for Wentz.
    If I was the Eagles I'd take the Bears deal. Because getting Foles back in that offense to be a veteran for Hurts is a key deal here. You need that experienced QB that will handle being a backup well enough. That the locker room likes.

Another team in Houston (the Rockets) insisted they wouldn't trade James Harden, yet, he wound up being dealt to Brooklyn. At this point, it's no longer a question of IF Watson is traded, but WHEN.
    If the team is smart try a trade with Miami for draft picks and Tua as the one rumor was weeks ago. I'd push for the Miami trade because they have the draft picks to do this deal and you get a future potential QB in Tua.

The only place Marcus Mariota should be drawing interest from is the XFL at this point.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The only place Marcus Mariota should be drawing interest from is the XFL at this point.
    But he's got such a cool-sounding, alliterative name! Sounds like a hero, like Peter Parker or Bruce Banner.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    But he's got such a cool-sounding, alliterative name! Sounds like a hero, like Peter Parker or Bruce Banner.
    1,000. Everyday I visit a site on the interwebz called Comic Book Resources, best believe when I was typing his name I thought the same. Dudes name sounds like an evil mutant scientist. If somebody told me he turned on Mags once, for a half a day I'd be tryin' to remember if that was true.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

They called him Super Mario when he was coming out. We have to remember Mariota was considered a HOT draft pick with his arm and athletic ability. Its just he was on a team with a rotating set of offensive coordinators who really ...tried to force a round peg into a square hole. Its like Mahomes in a sense. Veach and Reid days ago discussed how Pat Mahomes came out of that AIR RAID system and how people would sit and go , hows does Mahomes fit into Reid's west coast system ?

So Reid spent time deciding he was gonna rework his entire west coast system to fit the AIR RAID schemes and more Mahomes knew. Its why he's exploded on the scene. Reid took a system that Mahomes used and just more or less took its concepts and worked it into his offense.

Tennessee should have looked at what Mariota did best in college and started using that in their system. Tailored more of that system to fit him.

Teams now after Mahomes have started doing this by the way. Baltimore has done that with Lamar Jackson (they need to get him to run less as i brought up) and Arizona is doing for Murray. Your gonna see teams now who take these QB's look at how Andy Reid has ran with Mahomes and do that.

If a team does trade for Mariota I fully expect them to have a coordinator set ready to do a system Mariota will have tailored to his strengths. Likely from what he did in college game.

I could see Mariota doing better in a place like NE or NO. NO is happy with their back-up, though.